GR-55 - Two Pink Floyd patches

Started by tedys, October 23, 2012, 06:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedys

Hello m8s,
  these two patches are for GUITAR pickup, not MOD or SINT, so the sound will differ depending on the pups You use. The target is mostly the neck pup or combination neck-bridge; also i customized my pups with a special switch which connects the bridge and neck pups in series or parallel; also in direct or reverced neck phase ;)
  The first patch is a deep distortion plus chorus plus delay; somethig like mr.Gilmour plays in Comf.Numb, Time, or On the turning away.
  The second patch is the enigmatic sound of The Wall, Shine On, etc. There's a flanger here, as you can lightly hear in Shine on Crazy Dmnd; the gain is lovered bcs there's no need of allot of distortion there.
  All the best, mates:)
  Gtars from Bulgaria:
   Ted.

papabuss

Hi tedys THX for posting.
Perhaps Elantric or Brent can move it to:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=104.0
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

BasV

Just tried the second patch and tried to play along with 'shine on', wow, that sound is very close :-) Love it ! The patch is gonna stay :-))

tedys

Quote from: BasV on October 23, 2012, 01:09:16 PM
Just tried the second patch and tried to play along with 'shine on', wow, that sound is very close :-) Love it ! The patch is gonna stay :-))

THX mates, HEY i forgot smt important:
  This patch works well with THE GUITAR TONE POT - e.g. In Shine On CRzy Dmnd, you begin with the tone pot almost full blended, then rotate the tone pot to free a more brilliant sound in the dynamic moments in the second solo:)
  Cheers!
Ted.