RC 50 Not switching

Started by dukepershing, March 03, 2014, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukepershing

Hello. I just bought a used RC50. I've come across an issue.

I record a loop to loop 1. Record a loop to loop 2 or 3. Everything good so far. Now when I try to step on loop 1 again it won't let me. So if I record percussion on loop 1, and guitar on loop 2...I can't turn off the percussion on loop 1 and keep the guitar going??? The only way to get back to loop 1 is to all stop/start. Is this a timing issue or something the previous owner set up. I tried enabling/disabling loop tempo/quantize and still no luck

Cricket

I took a quick look at the manual but nothing leapt out at me for this.  I have a 300 and, as I kind of suspected, the units are similar but different.

But, if you haven't already, and especially since you bought the unit used, you might try a factory reset and see if this doesn't resolve the issue?

Best suggestion I have for you at the moment.

dukepershing

Thanks Cricket...tried the factory reset with no luck. I can work around it but it is a pain. Just wasn't sure if this was how they all worked (maybe some kind of timing issue) or if mine is just acting funny.

Did realize it makes single mode not functional at all. Once you switch off loop 1 you can't get back to it. Really think it's a simple setting somewhere i'm missing. The pedal functions fine at the start of the loop

Cricket

So, just to be clear...

You have multi-mode on, and loop sync off?  But you can't stop/start loop 1 once it's recorded?

Can I assume this happens regardless of which loop you try to stop/start?  Or does this affect loop 1 only?

The same thing happens in single-mode also?  Say you record a vamp to loop 1, a verse to loop 2, and a chorus to loop 3.   You can't switch around from loop to loop in single mode?

Finally:  what are your indicator lights doing?

Cricket

Also, just to be clear... as I said, I use a 300, not a 50...

As I'm understanding it, on the 50, you select a phrase using the phrase 1, 2, & 3 switches, then you use the switches on the left to select record/overdub/playback or to stop, correct?   And your 50 is not letting you do this?

You have phrase change mode set to immediate?

The units are kind of different in operation, so I'm just trying to get a handle on your particular problem. 

dukepershing

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the help. You are pretty on point. In single mode I can record to phrase1. Once I go to another phrase ,2 or 3, I cant get phrase 1 to come back on. When pressing the pedal the light comes on but goes right back to the previous phrase.

I am more into multi mode. Same issue. Record some percussion to phrase 1 chords on phrase 2. I am then unable to turn off percussion and keep the chords going. Just frustrating

Cricket

What color are the indicator lights when you do this?

Just an odd question... but are you using patches 1-5 with the "preset protect" setting on?   That doesn't exist on the 300, but I just wonder...

Threeleggedyoyo

Are you by any chance recording loops of different lengths? Your Loop Sync setting can do weird things when you start doing loops of different lengths.