VG-99 - Patch request

Started by Etolle, November 04, 2015, 01:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etolle

The patch at 3:19 (when the song demo starts) has always intrigued me. Anybody know how to recreate it with the VG-99?

https://soundcloud.com/headless68/vg-8-v-guitar-system

aliensporebomb

After listening carefully again to this after a request in my email - my thinking is if you wanted to duplicate this song on a VG-99 you could.

That ending piece is multiple patches done in a multitrack session I would bet and done to impress - it sure impressed me.

That opening section with the triplets with the slow attach synth notes is probably a GR-300 patch with reverb and delay playing those notes via hammer-ons and pull offs..
The section after that has bass guitar, pad synth, and a melody line with slicer, then following that you hear triplet delay guitar (an old trick popularized by many players over the years).
There's multiple synth sounds: pads, leads (digital and analog) bell like, more overtly sax like etc.

A lot of the patches I've uploaded would work for this (for strings look at the LuxeOrch or the strings part of the LuxeAcoustic).
For the lead synth that sounds like a sax on here I'd check out the GR_Heaven patch that's part of the factory patches you could modify to suit.
For the flute check out Kosta's excellent flute - I use that one a lot (I modified my variant to have a little reverb around it).
For the bell like digital synths look at my PPG Wave patch and modify it.
The lead guitar check out my Jam Like Per patch.
The clean electric guitar there are many patches that might work for you (someone did a pretty much spot-on U2 type echo delay type patch a while back).

My question is "where is Nick Cooper today?"  That guy could program a VG-8 to do anything.  I bet he'd be amazing on the VG-99 for programming.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Mareczek

Hi,

maybe this topic will be good for my lame question

Six years ago (2013-07-22) Frank Giffen posted on YouTube demo of VG-99 patches:

some of these patches sounds really very nice, but there is only a remark

A sample of the patches I use for playing with the band when I use my VG-99 instead of my uber-pedalboard. Pursuant to a discussion on the Gretschpages.

That is only a sound demo. I`ve checked GretschPages

http://gretschpages.com/

and Frank Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqbVAeIwRBl0LZRIjtDl4IA

but I did not found anything.

Does anyone know how to contact with Frank Giffen?

P.S. Searching for Frank, I`ve found two interesting VG-99 patch demos (in mp3 format - NOT attached - see PS2). One from 2008, the second one from 2009

It`s a pity that these patches haven`t been popularized. I will try to duplicate some of them, but i dunno when

sometyhing wrong with forum.

PS 2. There will be any attachments here. I have attached large file. I have a message that maximum size is 10 MB, so, I cut it on 6 MB pieces. And... the message is "Your file is too large. maximum size is 5 MB". Nexct try it wil be 2 MB perhaps. So what can i do?
I will try attach in a new post, but IMHO it is an error caused duplicate posts

Mareczek

so 5120 KB is "too large"

2009 patches = part 1

Mareczek

Patch 2009 - part 2

The rest (much more interesting) will be tomorrow. I have no time for mp3 cutting into parts today

Smash

178 Brand Guitar is a downloadable patch from this forum. (It's in my vg99 now)

Cottoneye is one of Asles patches (violin) also on here.

I think all of them have been downloaded from here in fact.

Mareczek

Thank you very much for your answer. You are right. I am looking for Frank, because he is probably the creator of couple of patches below. Its a main reason (unfortunately I didn`t write about it). So there is this masterpiece, I didn`t found it anywhere (some similar sounds are here, but not the same. The majority of them are not here too)

Format MP3 cutted into pieces, because original file is too big. Excuse me for post duplicating, but there is  no other way to do it

part 1a

Mareczek

Mareczek

Mareczek

Mareczek

Mareczek

Part 3b

Above 6 files are a half of sample file. If anybody will be interested I will post the rest (another 6 small files)

Smash

Well now I see. Wow - some of those are incredibly impressive! (With exception of Won't get fooled again organ _- mines better lol  ;D )