FC300 - programming a wah switch

Started by rdomain, February 27, 2008, 02:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdomain

I'm currently trying to program one of the expression pedals so it works like a wah pedal.  eg.  When I change into the patch, the wah is already on and functional and I can turn it off by pushing on the exp switch)

The 2 issues I'm having is:

1.  If I turn the wah off via the pedal, change to another patch and then change back to the wah patch; the wah is still off.  I'd like it to be on regardless of it's previous state. 

2.  regarding the light for the expression pedal switch.  When I change out of the wah patch, the light stays on (if the wah was still active when I changed patches)

Any help regarding this?  Oh, and the thing that's making this hard is that I'm in PATCH MODE.  Otherwise this would be any easy scenario.   :(

jon_bondy

My experience with the patches on my system is that I usually need to first get the patch working the way I want it, then I have to set the state of the patch (what is on and what is off) carefully, and THEN save it immediately.  That way, when I get back to the patch, the wah is either on or off, depending on my plan/preference.  This may be a stupid question, but have you tried setting the wah off and then  writing the patch again?

I'm not sure what you mean by "patch mode": is this a VG mode or an editor mode or...

:)

Jon

rdomain

It's a FC-300 mode.  There's 4 modes.  I use this one because I have to control other racks with the FC-300.   I don't think saving the wah on or off helps.  I'll double check this tomorrow as I've gotta crash out now.   :(

Cheers.

teejay

this may be a silly question, but have you tried running the 300 in sysex mode and sending patch changes to your other gear via the 99?
Custom KGB headless, internal GK2a and sustainiac stealth plus. GR55 straight into PA.   Guitar out (COSM) feeding digitech VL4 vocal harmoniser.

rdomain

I'm not sure re: sysex mode but I'm not really keen to start programming in sysex mode   ???  And I might end up with the same issue still.  I'm about to hook all my gear up again and have another shot at it.

rdomain

A bit of progress.  Changing the expression switch value to 127 instead of 0 makes the wah active each time I go into the patch regardless of what I do previously but........

if I do turn the wah off whilst using the patch and go back into it, it's still on.  This is good but if I turned it off previously, I have to press the switch once to turn the light on (wah still active) and then again.  Then it'll have the light and the wah off.

Any other suggestions appreciated otherwise I'll just keep posting my progress   :)

dannybagpipes

The wah will not switch on one preset.

I have set the following:

exp pedal 1: target 1 and 2 are pedal pos
exp pedal sw 1: wah sw for fx:a and wah sw for fx:b

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group dannybagpipes!  :)

Do you have the SWITCH MODE set to LATCH?

dannybagpipes

Yes, it is set to latch.  I tried it many times.

One fundamental question - I was making the changes through the VG Editor.  Is that the best way to do this?  Sometimes there is a connectivity issue and the VG Editor closes saying it lost connectivity.

rolandvg99

These sudden connection errors is why I seldom use the editor for patch editing. I "connect" better with the VG through it's own interface.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

dannybagpipes

I updated the Editor - no more connection issues so far.

I got the wah to work by using the VG only, couldn't get it to work in the editor and then transfer to VG, this is a real problem because the user interface is so great on the computer.

Is this a common problem?

Elantric

Be sure you have upgraded the VG-99 to the latest firmware and READ THE THREAD BELOW

VG-99 FAQ: TOP THINGS TO KNOW
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

dannybagpipes

Elantric,

Thanks for the link, I checked firmware, editor, and drivers and they were all the most recent update so that is good!

I have figured out how to get the wah set, but when I try to add a second effect to the expression pedal it won't work.  I assume this is dual or double assignment.  Is that correct?

Please help because the potential here is huge!

Thanks,

Dan

sourbeer43

Can somebody please help me I been trying to get my gr-55 set up with my fc-300 with a wah .I want to able to trigger it on my fc-300 thank you someone jeff.

Elantric

sourbeer43

when I turn on the wah it just doesn't sound right and when I step on the pedal it doesn't react right it sounds like crap .can someone give me the settings I need to use please thank you .

admin

Post your problem "GR-55 Wah Controlled by FC-300 Expression pedal" patch