Planet waves 13 pin - twisted / curled cable

Started by Headless68, May 01, 2015, 06:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

Guys - see pic attached - I have a trusty planet waves 13 pin lead which I have used as my number one cable for years - never had any issue with it in terms of connection or audio quality but through presumably the years of being wound up and opened it has developed these little twists all along the cable
I have not really tried to untwist it (incase that damages it ? ) so I thought I'd ask to see if any one else has experienced the same issue & if there is a fix ?

Thanks
Headless

montyrivers

The only points where twisting and pulling will become a problem is where the pins are soldered to the wires in the connectors.  As long as that part doesn't get all twisted up you should be fine if it hasn't shorted by now.  :D

JolietJake

Its quite common with multicore cables that are wound and unwound. if you could remove the insulation you would find that the cores have become twisted around each other but with the outer insulation remaining straight.

I would leave it. I don't think there is any reliable way to straighten it and you would most likely just put additional stress on the internal cores.

Headless68