Ta-Daa: the "Ultimate GK Switcher" ! (smallest footprint possible)

Started by dedjazzgadgetz, March 29, 2012, 05:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedjazzgadgetz

Hi VG world, first thread (just hope I don't bore you guys to tears...);  here it goes.

I've just designed a home-made 2ins/1out switcher for my good friend Fokof (2 instrument GK switcher thread)... still a work-in-progress, 'though. I know DatsunRobbie expessed an interest in schematics (sorry man: I didn't mean to brush you off... I really just have a bunch of half-assed/unreadable/messed-up doodles AND more work is needed to make it hopefully truly silent. Darn that "ooh!-I'm-sooo-sensitive" Roland +/-7v supply!... geeeez)

I've plucked here'n'there some of the more desirable ideas & needs expressed about an ideal device, and thought: "hey, while I'm at it, why not try to cram-in as many as possible into a 1590BB Hammond box" (that'd be an MXR flanger-size, methinks). Here's a run-down of what I think is possible:

On the back-side:

A. 3 GK inputs (top foot-switch, near back; cycling through. LEDs, of course)
B. 2 GK outputs (2 top foot-switches, near front: A/B & BOTH, like US-20 or: A & B that would also permit muting)

No more room: that's it for the back! (also could be 2 ins/3outs... or 4ins/1out: your call!) And of course, a bigger box would mean more ins/outs. But I digress.

(this is where it gets interesting:)

On one side (which would be best, you think?) :

C. pin 7-FX loop send/return (for all you GR-55 users: direct-pup access to pedals/processors AND back into the GR. Neato-potato!)
D. pins 10 & 11-Sw1/Sw2 input for floor foot-switch operation (aren't 'choo already usin' dem fi-gners, boy?)
E. pin 9 access for... well... you decide! (I use it for standard Strat 5-way pup switch-to-VG pup selection)
F. Integrated RMC OPT-1 filter board inside (buy one: use it for multiple VG/GR set-ups! Dang! what'll they think of next?)

(here's where it gets more... far-out. I'll probably be using a PIC chip somewhere, so:)

Still, on the same side:

G. MIDI IN to remotely CC drive the in/out selection... (kinda over-the-top, isn't it? Thought so meself...) or at least, a bunch of stereo 1/4" (probably 1/8" to cram-in more & prevent little Timmy sticking-in an amp output in there. ouch) to provide remote-control of all functions... UltimateSwitcher here (up there maybe, near the VG-99?), YOUR choice/size of switches anywhere (know what I mean, jelly-bean?). No more messy mods Michelle, its all accessible!

Finally, on the other side (your pick):

H. pins 1-through-7 fan-out for say, re-amping, experimental, dirty-rotten fun! In the shape of a DB25 female connector to which you would mate a DB25-to-1/4" jacks send/return snake (for hex pup signals 1-thru-6 and your guitar's direct-pup as well) or a home-made adapter of your own.

That's it ! That's it ?  :o

Well, if you have any other bright ideas or want to argue/debate/suggest anything regarding A.-thru-H.: I'd like to hear about them before I'm half-way through and go: "D'Oh! TOO LATE !" I'll probably start somewhere next week. Also, a friend'll give me a little PIC primer to get me started on programming. Anybody seen a good, basic "I'm-a-dumb-ass" tutorial, in the meantime ?

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

See ya,
dedjazzgadgetz

P.S.: oh, by-the-way... what would YOU be ready to spend on such a dream machine (!), taking into consideration its a minimum 3-into-1 device (and then some... there's nothing that would come even close!) in the smallest footprint possible? mmmh? Peace.
No excuses, no limits

datsunrobbie

Sounds like a very cool, and very ambitious, project. Far beyond anything I would need, but I am at the "simple" end of the range of VG players. I'd be most interested in a box that covers A and B. And absolutely no need for apologies, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

dedjazzgadgetz

Hey, datsunrobbie !

Check your PM (in case you haven't already)...

Ciao,
dedjazzgadgetz
No excuses, no limits

kenact

I currently have 3 13pin guitars (Godin LGXT, Danoblaster Baritone w/GK3 & Godin A4-SA Bass) and 3 GR pedals (Gr-20, GR-33 & GR-55).  I can't connect everything because you can't switch any of the GR's from Guitar mode to Bass mode without rebooting.

I have a US-20 (which has the mod Elantric posted a while ago) & a Klaus Schock 4 guitar to 1 GR switcher.  I use that setup to connect the LGXT & Danoblaster to the GR-33 & GR-55.  The GR-20 gets relegated to handling the A4.

If I could replace both switches with a single switch box (eliminating another GK cable in the process), the only other thing I would want it to do would be to send a midi signal to the GR's to tell them which guitar was active, since the setup for each is extremely different.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

dedjazzgadgetz

O.k... let's see if I've got this right, kenact: you'd need 3 inputs and 3 ouputs in one box, with MIDI sending input-selection data? (don't hold your breath on that one yet: I still have to learn PIC programming, first... more specifically: exactly what type of midi data would you need to be sent?)

I can see this perfectly do-able, but in a slightly bigger box, I'll have to check the whole gamut of Hammond enclosures... I'll get back to you on that one.

EDIT 1590XX seems real interesting: 5.72" x 4.77" x 1.39" I'll check if I can order one fast...

Maybe another way to go is, say: modify your SW41 by integrating a 3 outs circuit board inside, drilling 3 new GK13 openings (if there's enough room in there, of course! Have you ever opened it, by any chance ? but please: if you haven't, DON'T take it apart and risk injuring it !)

Thanks for the reply: I'll start early next week, maybe trying to go all-out : 3 ins/3 outs ...maybe. Anybody wanting to pitch-in any ideas is more than welcomed !  :D

P.S.: as a survey, how much would you be willing to spend on such a device, were it readily available?
No excuses, no limits

kenact

Quote from: dedjazzgadgetz on April 05, 2012, 01:50:55 AM
O.k... let's see if I've got this right, kenact: you'd need a 3 inputs and 3 ouputs in one box,

Right now, with the guitars and pedals I have, I would only need 2 in - 2 out.    That doesn't mean my need/want won't change tomorrow, but in my case I'm using a standard guitar (LGXT) and a baritine (DanoBlaster). I could see adding a classical, like a Godin ACS SA, but I don't see that happening in the near future.

These pedals need to be rebooted in order to get into Bass mode. I don't know many players that want to reboot their pedals in the middle of a set, so I don't see adding my bass and GR-20 into this scenario.

with MIDI sending input-selection data? (don't hold your breath on that one yet: I still have to learn PIC programming, first... more specifically: exactly what type of midi data would you need to be sent?)

I'd be looking for the "guitar select" (explained on page 110 of the GR-33 manual). There's nothing about guitar select in the midi implementation info of the GR-55 manual.  Maybe Gumtown has that info.  One could only hope that both devices use the same format/data.

Maybe another way to go is, say: modify your SW41 by integrating a 3 outs circuit board inside, drilling 3 new GK13 openings (if there's enough room in there, of course! Have you ever opened it, by any chance ? but please: if you haven't, DON'T take it apart and risk injuring it !)

Not much room in the SW41. There's actually far more room inside the US-20.

Anybody wanting to pitch-in any ideas is more than welcomed !  :D

I believe it's an idea you already touched on, but having a guitar out/in would be useful. In my case, I use it to go to a guitar A/B switch so I can switch to a 12 string (yes, another Godin, an A12 :) ). That way I can take advantage on the GR-55 effects for the A12.

P.S.: as a survey, how much would you be willing to spend on such a device, were it readily available?

As little as possible? ;D

WHAT? Okay, how about somewhere in the neighborhood of the SW41?  :)
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

drbill

GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

dedjazzgadgetz

Hey drbill, kenact, & datsunrobbie !

Thanks for the "input", great help in figuring it all out  :D... so the 3ins/2outs scenario would cover most'a you'z guy'z 2inz/2outz needz... o.k. cool! (I'm trying to design it so it could be expandable: adding more "ports"/more functions as needs grow...)

(kenact: I was thinking the switcher would receive say, a MIDI CC (or... ?) in response to a patch&GK system setting, to switch-in the appropriate guitar; might be simpler to implement, not sure... of course: guitar send/return would be "standard" issue! A "must" for GR-55 users, it seems)

Fer sure, I'll keep you up-to-date.... Ciao

P.S.: how would you guys feel about buying a "populated"/tested board to house yourself ? Just a thought...
No excuses, no limits

arkieboy

The only things I don't have a use for is the fanout and midi switching.  For output switching I've been programming silent patches in most of my kit for 30 years so all I'm interested in is managing the power sources, and automatic input switching could lead to you holding the wrong guitar!

Having the right connectors so you can plumb in an OPT1 is an excellent idea - it would be nice if it were integrated but you would probably run into IP issues and the RMC people have been good to this community.  I would need a 2-in 2 out.  Quite happy to do the installation of a board in a box myself, but if you do then make sure the connectors are easy to solder. 

Good luck and keep us posted

Steve
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

Gastric

Add a control that will do one of the following:

* Take the normal pickup sound and ADDITIONALLY route it to one of the 6 GK pickup inputs.
* While also providing some way to lock the GK VOLUME = 100 (max) in case I don't have an external expression pedal to work as an external GK VOLUME control (GK triggered sounds require some sort of GK VOL control or the GR-55 sets the volume=0 and you never hear PCM tones)
* If it allowed me to choose which of the 6 GK pins to harness that would be super ideal.

This will allow a mono input to be fed to one of the GK pickup inputs to provide for non-GK mono triggering of VG-99/GR-55/whatever devices.

I've already hard wired some switched 1/4" jacks into my GR-55 and hard-spliced into what would normally be the high GK input (using 4 string basses) and tested it successfully. However, I haven't been using it in this manner.

dedjazzgadgetz

Wow, just Great ! Thanks so much for pitching-in, y'all !

-"and automatic input switching could lead to you holding the wrong guitar!"   :o

Yeah: spot-on, Ark' ... well, I guess MIDI "twiddlings" would be optional in this case (I plan for the actual in/out selection-footswitches to override any previously programmed "assigns", were it the case: no COLOSSUS-type lock-up, here!  ;)  sorry: just watched the ol' 70's movie again... that synthetic voice: brrrr; but I want the t-shirt... -talk about waaay-OT !)

Gastric: Cool mods, there ! Any pictures somewhere I may have missed ? Would love to learn more... from my crude understanding of it, I guess the "DB25 fan-out option" would do the trick (which is actually a fan-in AND out) but, hard-wired (programmable entails a totally DSP solution that only the wizardry of an Elantric or other top-class EE could provide...far beyond my abilities so far  :-[ ); you'd provide the appropriate DB25-to-whatever adapter if nothing suitable is marketed.

THIS JUST IN...  picture this: a 13pin plug-to-6 x 1/4" jacks (maybe a small outboard box) so it could be "sorta" programmable (plugged into one of the 3 inputs so: selected or completely taken out-of-circuit)... ? -end transmission

As far as GK vol; hmm, let me see... how'bout an extra 1/4" jack (pin8) to which you'd plug an EV5-type exp. pedal, say ? (oh great: another pedal !...   :-[  ...well TBH, if anything in the VG/GR assigns/US20's "obsolete topology" is conflicting with GK vol, nothing much "external" can be done about it... ?)

No excuses, no limits

Practus

Soooooo, dedjazz... Your project seemed to be veeeeery interesting indeed... Would like to know if you could go on with this... This post is not being updated for some time know... If you could give us any updates on this, it would be excellent... Speaking for myself, I would buy the final solution in no-time to use with my "soon-to-receive" GR-55... :D
Red Ibanez RG150 (with GK-3 and Fernandes Sustainer FSK-101)
Honey Burst Epiphone LP Standard
Black Fender Standard Strat "a la Blackie"
POD HD500
GR-55
FRFR KRK Rokit 5 Monitors

dedjazzgadgetz

Hey, Hi there Practus !

Yeah, sorry about the delay; you know, life/family/everything... I've had trouble squeezing-in some lab time these past weeks. There's still a coupla minor bugs to iron-out so this switcher is worthy of being called a bonafide product (NOT some DIY thingy that's gonna crap-out on you mid-song)... oh, and it aint gonna be cheap; I'm trying to keep it under the $400 mark...

:o $400 !? >:( :-[ :'( yeah I know, I know... but you gotta remember: its a combination smallest-ever re-designed/bug-free/hi-fi US-20 AND silent/hi-fi 3-input selector AND regular mag. pick-up send/return loop PLUS a whole lot of other plusses, customizable/expandable, so I think its gonna be worth the ticket...  :P  let me know what you think/wish...

(there are truckloads of electronic/technical reasons Roland never made a selector in the first place; I've stumbled upon every single one of them!)
No excuses, no limits

Practus

Yeah, sorry about the delay; you know, life/family/everything... I've had trouble squeezing-in some lab time these past weeks. There's still a coupla minor bugs to iron-out so this switcher is worthy of being called a bonafide product (NOT some DIY thingy that's gonna crap-out on you mid-song)...

I understand... No pressure at all... I mean it... Just curiosity on a very interesting project you're designing...

oh, and it aint gonna be cheap; I'm trying to keep it under the $400 mark...

OMG....   WHAT:o>:(  ???... G.... That's a lot!!! I understand that this would be all in one solution to a whole bunch of problems/ideas collected here from everyone, but I was expecting something around 200ish, tops... But hey... What do I know right? I don't know all the costs involved in the R/D of this "box of miracles"... Don1't get me wrong though... I'm still interested seeing what will you accomplish with the final product, and there's a good chance I might still pay for it depending on the final results...

Any estimates on when will you have it done? Remember... no pressure at all... ;D ;D
POD HD500
GR-55

dedjazzgadgetz

-"OMG....   WHAT :o> :(  ???   ... G.... That's a lot!!!"

:-\ I know ! I KNOW ! I already feel bad as it is!  :-[

I realized early on with Fokof's 2in/1out switcher all the quirks that had to be ironed-out: a sensitive power-supply causing switching BANGS!/POPS!/noises due to all systems not being identical (GK guit/bass, int./ext, hex mag/piezo, diff. brands... and EVEN if you had identical set-ups!)... picture this: the latest prototype uses 20 (!) latching DPDT miniature hi-fi relays. So just for starters: at $5-a-pop, well, you figure it out... :(   That's why I'm cramming as many extras as possible to make-up for that projected price...

I went for a footswitch/remote, space-saving, hi-fi design, for a friend with bionic-hearing... but by all means, if you're handy with a soldering iron (or have a friend who is) try the great DIY solutions posted around here: modded printer-port input selector, GR-55 send/return jacks mod, US-20 mods, fan-out boxes... etc. There's a list of 'em; and ALL the great helpful people to help you out along the way.

I will try really hard to source the cheapest components (hoping to go down to $300, maybe) but not at the expense of quality; I want to offer a solid solution, not another source of noise in your hard-earned gear... that's exactly the reason everybody complains about Roland GK's cheaper-than-cheap ext/int preamps, just to name one (BTW, I'll experiment swapping those with hi-fi THS4032 when I get a chance)

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded justifications and all... I just wanted you to get a glimpse of what's involved; its just a lonely one-man operation here, not Roland Corp. ;)  I'll keep you posted on progress, of course...

Bye for now!

No excuses, no limits

Practus

OK... Once again... I understand why this could get costs like this...And I can relate also to keep quality above everything...

Please... keep us posted on your progress...

Thanks a lot for the replies... See ya!
POD HD500
GR-55

nosaintnick

Any possibility of producing a stripped down version dedjazz? All those features seem excellent but if it's possible to simply leave off most of the components so it only does 1in 2out gk routing and replace the A/B switches with 1/4" jacks for use with external switches, well gee I would buy one instantly.

(I use an fcb for all my patch and control selection and with that magic little box next to it I could use its 1/4 amp switch outs to control the a/b box routing within any given preset without stepping on an additional switch)

arkieboy

Quote from: nosaintnick on June 17, 2012, 09:41:06 AM
Any possibility of producing a stripped down version dedjazz? All those features seem excellent but if it's possible to simply leave off most of the components so it only does 1in 2out gk routing and replace the A/B switches with 1/4" jacks for use with external switches, well gee I would buy one instantly.

(I use an fcb for all my patch and control selection and with that magic little box next to it I could use its 1/4 amp switch outs to control the a/b box routing within any given preset without stepping on an additional switch)

Brilliant idea!  That would do me fine too
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

Gassghost

Quote from: dedjazzgadgetz on April 26, 2012, 03:09:52 PM
-"OMG....   WHAT :o> :(  ???   ... G.... That's a lot!!!"

:-\ I know ! I KNOW ! I already feel bad as it is!  :-[

I realized early on with Fokof's 2in/1out switcher all the quirks that had to be ironed-out: a sensitive power-supply causing switching BANGS!/POPS!/noises due to all systems not being identical (GK guit/bass, int./ext, hex mag/piezo, diff. brands... and EVEN if you had identical set-ups!)... picture this: the latest prototype uses 20 (!) latching DPDT miniature hi-fi relays. So just for starters: at $5-a-pop, well, you figure it out... :(   That's why I'm cramming as many extras as possible to make-up for that projected price...

I went for a footswitch/remote, space-saving, hi-fi design, for a friend with bionic-earing... but by all means, if you're handy with a soldering iron (or have a friend who is) try the great DIY solutions posted around here: modded printer-port input selector, GR-55 send/return jacks mod, US-20 mods, fan-out boxes... etc. There's a list of 'em; and ALL the great helpful people to help you out along the way.

I will try really hard to source the cheapest components (hoping to go down to $300, maybe) but not at the expense of quality; I want to offer a solid solution, not another source of noise in your hard-earned gear... that's exactly the reason everybody complains about Roland GK's cheaper-than-cheap ext/int preamps, just to name one (BTW, I'll experiment swapping those with hi-fi THS4032 when I get a chance)

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded justifications and all... I just wanted you to get a glimpse of what's involved; its just a lonely one-man operation here, not Roland Corp. ;)  I'll keep you posted on progress, of course...

Bye for now!

I'd be in at $400.00+. It's a solution to a problem only a few here can address and then actually build. It's not like going out and buying a Boss FS5U. These will be manufactured in limited quantities by hand. I get it!  I'm in! When can I have one?!?! 2-in/1-out my pedal board is waiting...

Thanks
GassGhost
GR-303 updated electronics, Stetsbar, Sustainiac
GR-808 (original) + Stetsbar (FOR SALE)
79 Strat w/ GK-2A
Eastman El Ray 1 and El Ray 3
94 Fender Tele w/GK-2A, Stetsbar
2 Fender GTX 100's
VG-99, GR-55, FC-300
And studio full of stuff

dedjazzgadgetz

I'm back !

First off, I want to say how awfully sorry I am about being out so long: this should explain it all https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9308.0... my sincere apologies to everyone I've gotten all worked up about this & felt let down... well, I'm off work for a coupla months (or so I'm told; might change, IDK...) so I'll be continuing the ultimate switcher saga !

1-I'm happy to report Fokof's prototype 2 GK instrument switcher https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5582.0 (now over a year into testing/upgrading/gigging) has held up to the challenge without a single hitch (bringing confidence to my amateur engineering skills !)

2-I've successfully developped a 1in/2outs selector (same small Hammond 1590B) without any of Roland's US-20 quirks https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3494.0 by switching all 13 GK pins (that was the idea from the get-go), with direct 1/4" jack access to:

*pin 7 (for send/return processing in front of say, a GR-55... 1 mono jack send/1 mono jack return : simpler, clearer patching than 1 TRS stereo jack + an in/out switch for a HQ preamp)
*pin 8 (how 'bout rocker pedal control of whatever you can assign the GK knob to, huh ? )
*pin 9 unused (well, I use it for full  control of VG-99 virtual pick-up selection through a regular ol' strat 5-way switch, which still works as the guitar pick-up switch !)
*pins 10 & 11 (don't know 'bout you, but I'm using my fingers when playing, so use my feet to press S1/S2 functions... I could build you a small S1/S2 outboard box, if required)
*I just might be able to squeeze a DB-25 connector (for pins 1 through 6) on the side facing you for hexaphonic DAW recording & re-amping, if someone asked real nice... !
*2 inputs for remote control of A/B and Both functions (by say, 2 FC-300 amp. cont. outs)+ 2 switches to toggle between footswitch vs remote mode (or you might want to have the switcher itself say, in a rack with your VG/GR & have your own remote footswitches on your pedalboard)

...thereby making Roland's US-20 an amusing little obsolete museum piece !

3-I've tested a new switching circuit topology: now, unplugging an unselected GK instrument (say, a friend/guitar tech, wanting to change a broken string while you wail away hi-gain on another selected GK guitar) won't cause the connected VG/GR device to pOp-CrunCH-bAnG ! **... so switching is silent & unplugging (unselected instruments, that is) is safe

**If your switcher (homemade or whatever) keeps all GK instruments powered, you will experience this pOp-CrunCH-bAnG ! when unplugging... it's unavoidable.
   **If your switcher (homemade or whatever) keeps all unselected GK instruments unpowered, you will experience this pOp-CrunCH-bAnG ! when switching inputs... it's unavoidable.
   **It's a catch 22. Thanks, Roland.

Well now, no more : problem solved !

4-I've prototyped the 3ins/2outs ultimate switcher enclosure assembly concept: a slanted (sawn !) Hammond 1590C box ! Some details still needed to be worked out... but so far, looking good ! (needless to say that model will incorporate all of the advanced modes developped so far)

I'm hoping for pictures in the coming days... hang on !
Dedjazz
No excuses, no limits

dedjazzgadgetz

O.k. so, here it goes :

-first sneek peek at the 3ins/2outs ultimate switcher prototype, warts'n'all... enjoy !

*well, it's more a mock-up than anything... needed to visualise the boards location & mounting... but, you get to picture how small it is !
*more 1/4" jack holes will be required to get the same pin access features as the 1in/2outs & 2ins/1out switcher... location TBD.

*looking at the 13-pin jacks on the back-side: first 3 on the left are inputs, the other 2, well... you guessed it: ouputs

missing are the 2 remote mode switches & the HQ preamp in/out switch (location TBD... still a little more R&D to be done)

Oh, by the way: all jacks (13-pin & 1/4") will be firmly bolted to the case/NO stress is put on the PC board or solder joints... it's built like a TANK !

-will be available in white lettering on *fashionable* black powder coating;D
No excuses, no limits

dedjazzgadgetz

Hey, wait a minute...

I just found (from another unfinished project) a neat black Hammond 1590J enclosure (about 1" wider than the 1590C I'm using now) that would make a great...

...4ins/2outs switcher ! or a 3ins/3outs or... well, you figure the permutations.  ;)
No excuses, no limits

dedjazzgadgetz

Well...

...I've jumped on the 4ins/2outs bandwagon ! Here's my take on it :

It's that unused black Hammond 1590J case (small W5.75" x L3.75" x H2"), cut to a slant. Looks pro. Some board positioning issues but, I'll figure it out... same features as mentionned earlier but now 4 GK inputs (that let you noiselessly switch and unplug GK instruments) + 2 GK outputs (upgraded US-20/NOT a clone !) + extras.

*Remote S1/S2 footswitch box (1590B, black) will be available, cost TBD (or build your own !).
*Hex in/0ut (DAW recording/reamping) option.

Available soon (late october).
Expect $350-ish.

Still open to suggestions.

Dedjazzgadgetz !
No excuses, no limits