Fender Roland Ready Strat GK Driver with many upgrades

Started by ZenSonic, October 15, 2014, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenSonic

Thank you for viewing this MIM Roland Ready Fender Strat Driver with a molded Fender case and many upgrades in great condition. I could not find this, my favorite RR Strat color combo of white/cream body and maple neck so I decided to create it and spared no expense in doing so. Please know that all work was done by a pro guitar tech with over three decades of experience. I had a Fender Strat MIM one piece, flamed maple neck installed on a stock, white, RR strat body, included Fender/Schaller locking tuners, Fender American Standard string tree and neck plate. I upgraded the cheap, stamp saddles to Graph Tech Ferra Glides, installed an additional spring to further stabilize the trem as well as swapped the pot metal trem block for a Guitar Fetish solid steel one to increase tone and sustain. All the screws in the bridge were exchanged for hardened steel ones. I had a white, no screw, one ply pick guard made to incorporate the single Roland GK2A pickup and chrome barrel volume knob. The lack of magnetic pickups lets the strings sing and creates a very modern zen like appearance. I also installed high quality strap locks, perhaps also Fender/Schaller if my memory serves me. I tend to baby my gear and this Guitar is no exception.

I am selling it because I want to do some other guitar builds and need to let go of something to make room for something else. I bet I will regret selling it at some point it is that sweet. Please find below my current ebay auction. Will discount for V guitar members. Please PM me if interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301354786998?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

charrich56

Would the 3 way switch and up/down switches be included with the old pickguard?

thanks

ZenSonic

Hi, I no longer have the switch gear. I gave it to the guitar tech who did the work. Figured he could use it for something. Never thought about keeping it for resale when I had it put together. I reduced the price on ebay to $515 with free domestic ground shipping.

ZenSonic

Please see that I have reduced the Price of this Fender Strat RR driver to $515 including domestic shipping. I have about three days left on the auction. If it does not sell by then I will be parting out the flamed neck and other components.

ZenSonic