Kemper Dark LCD Stompbox Editing Fix

Started by Elantric, December 07, 2014, 12:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonemasterus

I tried the settings and they helped me!  A lot more consistent now, but didn't use the contrast settings from Mr. Ruppert, they were too high for me.

Dave

Elantric

QuoteI tried the settings and they helped me!  A lot more consistent now

I hope to get time with my KPA  tonight

( Busy week with PCB layout for day gig)

whippinpost91850

Quote from:  Elantric on December 09, 2014, 01:03:09 PM
I hope to get time with my KPA  tonight

( Busy week with PCB layout for day gig)
I have rehearsal tonight, and will taking my gear home afterwards, I hope to be try ing these settings out tommorrow after day job

Elantric

My "Dim" KPA WAS set as:

Contrast: 100

Brightness: 6.3

I could never read the LCD during STOMP FX creation.

I changed these to these settings below, and now I can FINALLY Read the LCD! :

Contrast: 133

Brightness: 8.3

Now for the first time ever I finally can read "Empty" on the KPA's LCD when setting up a new STOMP  - its never been readable until now

Thanks for all the help !

Bill Ruppert

I know from the few units I have worked with the screens vary as far as the settings go.
SO the best thing is to sit in the position you work in with the light as it is and adjust to see fit!
I will say I LOVE the adjustable color option on the main screen.
I now have a blue color that pops and makes my eyes happy.
With out this forum I would never have heard of the option!
Thank you VG forum!
Bill
Quote from:  Elantric on December 09, 2014, 07:01:26 PM
My "Dim" KPA WAS set as:

Contrast: 100

Brightness: 6.3

I could never read the LCD during STOMP FX creation.

I changed these to :

Contrast: 133

Brightness: 8.3

Now for the first time ever I finally can read "Empty" on the KPA's LCD when setting up a new STOMP  - its never been readable until now

Thanks for all the help !

whippinpost91850

Elantric, I'm glad you got the LCD  working for you. After work today I plan on readjusting mine to make it a little clearer

Elantric

80% of the time I use the Kemper in the Control booth of the local Protools Studio ( Avalon Sound where Bela Fleck and Jon Anderson have recorded there) and its the typical Well lit Sound Board, and Shadows everywhere else - if the Kemper Knob Ring and illuminated button LEDS are too  bright - I literally can not read ANY of the silkscreened text labels printed on the front sheet metal of the KPA,

and its a unit that I have little actual user time in 2.5 years of ownership, so its been frustrating for a device that i assumed was "easy to use"

I also dimmed down the LEDs on the Knob Rings and on the Stomps. I'm no longer "Blinded by the light" or having a heart attack anytime I press an empty Stomp FX and see the LCD go pitch black dark like it blew a fuse !

So with recent firmware and many formerly non functional buttons now working, and after adjusting the LCD settings with Readable LCD and legible controls and  ( Finally )its  like a new toy!   

Elantric

admin

Reposting. As latest Kemper Hardware is superior to 2012 era hardware

Amazingly, the gently used Kemper Stage I purchased late Friday night on Reverb  Just arrived today , already have iPad running IOS Rig Manager synced and working

Much better form factor for easy travel and live gigs

But the IOS Rig Manager seals the deal, and totally comprehend the user interface -finally !

And the CPU runs faster, all operations are swift, the quality encoders for "Type" & "Browse"  seem to have a much  faster response time compared to 2012 1st generation Profiler Toaster. Came loaded with profiles. Only takes 23 seconds to boot -much faster than my Toaster holding same number of profiles.

The Kemper  Stage  LCD is much brighter and easier to read. Compared to my 10 year old Toaster.

Bulk of my complaints on Kemper I posted over past 10 years are resolved with this Kemper Stage + iPad Rig Manager version.

I saved a few hundred by accepting a Used Kemper Stage that had minor scuff marks on the plastic mylar  label overlay -but hardware where it counts is like new

Honest Reverb Sellers do exist!

whippinpost91850

Looks Good To Me

I just hope it comes before I die  ::)