FTP Wired Connection

Started by alancarl, July 30, 2016, 07:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alancarl

Hi Steve and everybody FTP,
       I have been working at home with the various FTP rigs I have copped. For years now I have been working towards my ultimate live performance rig based around the FTP. For reference I have been doing battle with the iPad/Bluetooth/WIFI control app rabbit hole with a few manufacture's offerings hard and soft and with the general flakiness of wireless for mission critical usage I have been experiencing I am bummed to imagine that these issues may await me with my FTP rig:-0
I assume that the USB charging port on the FTP controller is ONLY for charging. It only shows up in my OS X system USB report as a Maxim Integrated Products USB charger unfortunately not any sorptive USB MIDI device.

So I guess I am putting this concern out there to see who shares these concerns and anyone who might already have had experience with the wireless only path of the FTP and any of the other combos that we are presented with in our hi tech gear tools.
Thanks,
Al

Elantric

Only method I know to use FTP without a computer to drive Hardware Synth modules with 5pin MIDI is connect FTP USB Reciever to a USB Host to MIDI Converter box

All known types are listed here :

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15763.0

A path for Direct MIDI Out or MIDI over USB direct from the FTP Controller is not possible.
( and a sad omission by Fishman  )

alancarl

Yes sad indeed :'(
I've got a few of the USB hardware host devices including the FC-1 which I really dig but after the last couple of months of Bluetooth, WIFI, Apple, Behringer an XR-18 and 3 H9's 'me ready to go act to the old days of wired reliable albeit messy configs.
So now after years of working out the kinks in my FTP stuff I am hesitant to base a musical presentation that would depend on a wireless only solution. It seems the issues of RF bandwidth competition the problems might expand not subside.
Oh well I do still have a few 13 pin setups that don't short out too much:-)
Thanks Steve,
Al