VG-99 - Can the GK-3 volume knob be reversed?

Started by adamlee011, December 09, 2014, 06:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamlee011

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and to the vg99. late to the game, I know but I have had a vg88 since they came out :) Anyway I haven't had any luck finding an answer to this or (obviously) a way to make it happen. I have a gk2a on an old Ibanez and now a gk3 on an sz. the gk3 knob is great being so large and all, but I'm constantly, unknowingly, turning it down when pressing the buttons on the module. I would like to swap the min and max on the knob (reverse it). I thought i read that all the controls on the gk are really just midi controlers so if there isn't a setting specifically for that, couldn't the knob be set so min is 127 and max is 1 or vise versa? I know nothing about midi really yet other than controlling a couple plugins with edrums and keyboards and even that knowledge is pretty basic.  Hey I'm a guitarist  :-\. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for reading. And thanks for all the amazing info and patches here. Without this forum, I'd feel quite alone in the world of vguitar.

Brent Flash

Do you have the EDITOR set up to use with the VG99? The reason I ask is that the instructions for doing what you want is so much easier to explain on the EDITOR than on the VG99 control surface.

Elantric

Launch the VG-99 Editor and click Control Assign

Find the GK Volume Knob -

and make these changes:

Target Min = 127

Target Max = 0

(leave the Source Active Range: Low = 0 < High = 127)

adamlee011

Quote from: Elantric on December 10, 2014, 01:14:03 PM
Launch the VG-99 Editor and click Control Assign

Find the GK Volume Knob -

and make these changes:

Target Min = 127

Target Max = 0

Quote from: Brent Flash on December 09, 2014, 06:29:16 PM
Do you have the EDITOR set up to use with the VG99? The reason I ask is that the instructions for doing what you want is so much easier to explain on the EDITOR than on the VG99 control surface.

I do have the editor installed but I've only delved but so deep into it so far. Thank you guys very much!

adamlee011

unfortunately it's not allowing me to do that. the max value has tomremain higher than the min value. bummer. trying to swap the volume values to the left there isn't doing it for me either. unless i'm missing something. it had no effect.

admin

Leave the GK VOL Source Active Range: Low = 0 < High = 127)

But select your target FX parameter, and make these changes to reverse the GK VOL control action

Target Min = 100

Target Max = 0

mooncaine

Actually, the Target setting only goes from 0 to 100, so don't panic. Set the min to 100 and the max to 0. Kapow! Thou hast reversed thy knob.