FTP - More than 1 synth at a time

Started by thebrushwithin, April 21, 2013, 01:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebrushwithin

I don't know if this is a bug, or operator error, but if I have two synths in the Fishman mixer, on separate channels, 2 & 3 (guitar in channel 1), using the same midi mode and channel, only the one in the first channel will sound. Even if I take out the synth in channel 2, channel 3 synth receives the midi signal but will not sound. Does anyone have an idea what I may be missing?

shawnb

I don't think Synth2-Synth4 work. 
In fact, if I continue to putz with them, the FTP app becomes unstable. 
I reported it as a bug, nobody got back to me yet.
(I noted this & some other notes in my 'first few hours' thread as well.)
   Shawn
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

merman93

Just checking, on patch 102 prodigy, no sound on low E string , open and first few frets? And on the drum patches, only sounds on high e and b?
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

shawnb

Quote from: merman93 on April 22, 2013, 03:54:15 PM
Just checking, on patch 102 prodigy, no sound on low E string , open and first few frets? And on the drum patches, only sounds on high e and b?

On Prodigy, low E string works, but only at G and above.  Nothing assigned to lowest 3 semitones, apparently. 

Drum kits seem to work. E.g., load up Kontakt | Band | 7-Drum Kits | Funk. 

I ran into a similar issue with certain sounds only working on one string - but changed from Mono to Poly and they all work. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

merman93

Shawnb, thanks for clearing that up. I am a bit confused about the drum patches. I understood that when the FTP software is running, the settings on the controller are overridden by the factory or patch settings. I have 3 installs, and on the factory drum patches, I only have tones on high e and b string. I tried switching within the patch from mono to poly and back, ( I realize splits only work in that mode), with no change. The setting in my controller is mono as I use it without the FTP app quite a bit.

Not a big deal as I don't see using those patches, but I wonder if I'm missing other things.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

matcad

Quote from: shawnb on April 23, 2013, 01:59:16 PM
On Prodigy, low E string works, but only at G and above.  Nothing assigned to lowest 3 semitones, apparently. 

Yep - the Mellow Choir portion of the patch is range-limited to G below middle C.

matcad

Quote from: merman93 on April 24, 2013, 02:40:56 AM
I have 3 installs, and on the factory drum patches, I only have tones on high e and b string. I tried switching within the patch from mono to poly and back, ( I realize splits only work in that mode), with no change. The setting in my controller is mono as I use it without the FTP app quite a bit.

Not a big deal as I don't see using those patches, but I wonder if I'm missing other things.

You're not missing anything - the drum patches are a little tricky to conceptualize at first. Everything is on the two highest strings to facilitate playing actual real-time grooves (i.e., high-hat, snare, and bass drum). Maybe search youtube for the video of Burr doing the FTP demo at NAMM - he lays down some drum grooves and you can see the concept in action. And according to the info box on patch #49, there should be a tutorial out at some point.

merman93

Thank you,.. I did notice that on the Burr videos, now that you mention it.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9