POLL: Market research: V-Controller

Started by sixeight, June 20, 2016, 08:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixeight

Most of you are aware of my VController project: https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15154.325

Now some people have shown interest in building one, others would like to buy one if they were available. In this topic I would like to measure the interest in the VController and try and work out a strategy to get it to more people, without getting swamped in work.

So far the VController supports the GP10, GR55, VG99 and the zoom G3. To build one will probably cost around 300-400 dollars/euros. To buy one will be more.

Elantric

whippinpost91850

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

vanceg

I voted "I'd like to buy one" but I might add to that that "I'd build one if it came as nearly a kit with really good instructions".

Bassix

alexmcginness

I tried to vote but couldnt get it to register. So, I would buy one.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Piing

Thank you very much for your amazing work.

I've voted: "I would like to build one if it supported other devices"

It would be nice to have the option to buy the PCB's only   :)

chlorinemist

Why not make it fully programmable? Or am I missing something?

My Morningstar MC6 can be easily programmed with simple software to work with virtually anything. It's super useful. If a device with similar functionality existed in this form factor I'd definitely be looking to buy it

sixeight

QuoteWhy not make it fully programmable? Or am I missing something?

I am working on that. It will be fully programmable. So far I have hard coded the functionality of the buttons in the code. But that is not very user friendly, so I am adding programmability to the unit. And eventually I will probably make an external editor as well. But that is new territory for me.

And finding all this stuff out is very time consuming.

Once the first version 3 VController is fully ready I will make a new video...

chlorinemist

Quote from: sixeight on May 17, 2017, 11:06:43 PM
I am working on that. It will be fully programmable. So far I have hard coded the functionality of the buttons in the code. But that is not very user friendly, so I am adding programmability to the unit. And eventually I will probably make an external editor as well. But that is new territory for me.

And finding all this stuff out is very time consuming.

Once the first version 3 VController is fully ready I will make a new video...

Good to hear. If you can manage to put a team together to help you make that happen, I reckon it'd be worth the effort. A controller like this has the potential to be a Liquid Foot killer...  If you can roll this out with a software editor (nothing fancy), full programability (especially if including stuff like keyboard command triggering over USB) this aesthetic, and price that can compete with the $900 for a Liquid Foot+ 12+ (seems more than possible considering the construction costs you cited), you could definitely have a hit product on your hands. Great aesthetic, practical design, thorough featureset, compact as possible without sacrificing visual feedback... Even just judging by visual attractiveness alone,  this thing is miles ahead of most switches under $1k. Lots of potential here imo

sixeight

Thanks for the kind words. It would be great if other programmers came on board. I definitely believe in its potential. There is no foot controller that can control any of the supported devices better than a VController, as it reads parameters, assigns, names and states.

And it is open source.

I am planning to do the first production run this summer. Send me a pm if you are interested. Also if you want just the PCB boards or other parts, this is a good moment to contact me.