GK-3 configured correctly

Started by jcouball, July 11, 2014, 12:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcouball

I am having a devil of a time getting the GK-3 configured so that it reads correctly when I play from all parts of my fretboard.

In particular, I haven't been able to get the low-e and a strings to read very well except when played above fret 12 or so.

I have adjusted the position of the pickup up and down, adjusted the arc of the pickup with the middle set screw, and configured the software GK settings in the GR-55.

Does anyone have any recommendations to getting this working.  I can post pictures or any other data.

Please help!

jcouball

Thank you for the response, Elantric.

Looks like I had the pickup installed upside-down.  Makes sense as I has having a problem on the low end of the lower strings and the high end of the higher strings.  I guess each individual part of the divided pickup is tuned somewhat to the freq range of the string.

In my defense, the GK-3 manual page 5 shows the pickup upside-down from how you would install it.  However, other pages do show it correctly.  Oh, well, live and learn.

I have been happily playing for a couple of days now.

gumtown

There is a setting in the GR-55 GK setup to allow 'upside-down" installation. (P.U. Direction = normal or reversed)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/