Vote for Roland "VG-100" COSM Guitar / Amp / FX Modeler!

Started by Elantric, April 08, 2015, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Poll - Would you buy a new Roland "VG-100" COSM Guitar / Amp / FX Modeler? ( replacement for the discontinued VG-99 Flagship?)

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14444.msg103484#msg103484

Virtual Madness

If Roland gives us a Gretsch Pickup, and the ability to use 3 separate virtual pickups on our virtual guitars, then the answer is a resounding YES!
The greatest power in the universe is imagination!

ericar123

Kenmac

Quote from: Virtual Madness on April 08, 2015, 05:21:35 PM
If Roland gives us a Gretsch Pickup, and the ability to use 3 separate virtual pickups on our virtual guitars, then the answer is a resounding YES!

Agreed 100% on the Gretsch pickup. I have no idea why Roland did away with it in the first place.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

Smash

Yes, particularly if......

2 COSM and one dedicated synth channels (I know, I know!)
Kemper style amp "learning"
higher resolution (sound and exp pedals)
more Poly FX and more comprehensive controls
Genuinely studio qaulity FX
enough CPU power that it won't stutter and glitch when you max out automation via assigns
FTP level midi performance

Done deal  ;D

Headless68

Wonder if there is one on the bench now based on SY-300 technology ? ? ?

gumtown

Quote from: Headless68 on May 10, 2015, 01:40:05 PM
Wonder if there is one on the bench now based on SY-300 technology ? ? ?
I hope not, that would kill any opportunity for alternate tunings, instead I would lie to see a 'digital GK pickup' with technology to use a regular guitar cable to power the GK and send digital multi channel data to the VG via a regular jack socket.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Headless68

But if the technology is capable of separating each note on each string already could it not be made to apply processes only to that string - I.e have one cosm/FX processor per string with the SY-300 technology deciding which notes to push into which processor ?

vanceg

Quote from: Headless68 on May 10, 2015, 03:14:08 PM
But if the technology is capable of separating each note on each string already could it not be made to apply processes only to that string - I.e have one cosm/FX processor per string with the SY-300 technology deciding which notes to push into which processor ?

Why not use a hex pickup?  why rely on this extra technology that tries so hard to separate the strings?  Seems needless to me. 

Headless68

Only so any guitar could be used - not an issue for me as I have built in GK's but for taking V guitar a larger audience and therefore a larger R&D budget for the future it matters
Progress :-)

Smash

Quote from: gumtown on May 10, 2015, 02:40:10 PM
I hope not, that would kill any opportunity for alternate tunings, instead I would lie to see a 'digital GK pickup' with technology to use a regular guitar cable to power the GK and send digital multi channel data to the VG via a regular jack socket.

Loving that idea and why not make a single coil and humbucker analogue mono/digital hex hybrid for easier integration into existing guitars.