Recent Posts

Quote from: gumtown on Yesterday at 05:21:43 PMAre they still selling i7 intel Mac books new ?

No, they don't.

Apple is selling only refurbished Intel machines as of today. New machines are only M-series.
Boss SY-1000 - General Discussion / Re: Global Tempo?
Last post by jozart - Yesterday at 09:26:20 PM
A couple of paragraphs from the reference manual:

PG. 66 MASTER / BPM

When you specify a note value as the setting for a parameter (such as a RATE parameter in INST or EFFECTS), this specifies the length (time) of one note. Since this time is calculated based on the "BPM" (tempo) of the MASTER block, you can easily design the sound to match the tempo of the song.

PG. 90 MIDI / SYNC CLOCK

* If SYNC CLOCK is set to AUTO, MIDI (AUTO), or USB (AUTO), and an external MIDI device is connected, this unit synchronizes to the tempo of the external MIDI device. In this case, the patch's BPM parameter (p. 66) is ignored. If you want this unit's BPM setting to be the reference (i.e., if you want to enable the BPM parameter), set SYNC CLOCK to "INTERNAL."
 * When synchronizing performances to the MIDI Clock signal from an external MIDI device, timing problems in the performance may occur due to errors in the MIDI Clock.
Last post by gumtown - Yesterday at 09:17:35 PM
Global Tempo is rising !!   :o

I have not required keeping the Tempo global in any way, so I can only offer a suggestion from a question.
Are the Rates in your effects that use the Tempo set at specific Tempo numbers or set to a Time Signature (like quarter beat) ?

I seem to recall using Time Signature Rates for effects/delays have a different character compared to a set Rate (0~100),
 where the set Rate imposes that Rate on patch change, where a Time Signature Rate could be more likely to carry over.

Something to look at and compare. 
Last post by admin_shawnb - Yesterday at 08:14:55 PM
I have a slightly different setup - my SY-1000 is slave to an external MIDI clock, and all my patches honor that tempo.

Setting the clock to either INTERNAL or AUTO should work (I use AUTO - it will use external clock if found). 

Make sure you have CLOCK OUT set to ON as well if you want the SY-1000 to be the master.  And the downstream gear needs to have their clocks set to EXTERNAL. 

The tricky part, I think, is to find the various RATE settings within the patches that you want to follow the global BPM.  If they are set to a #, that tells it to use a fixed frequency, which is not what you want... If you want it to follow a global or external BPM, you need to change RATE to a note value, e.g., "1/2" or "1/4".  You'll find the note values towards the upper clockwise end of the RATE dials.

And you need to look at all INST and FX settings that might have RATE that you want affected, e.g., LFO1, LFO2, SEQ, Delays, etc.  And save your updated patches.

I've never used TEMPO HOLD, it's off on all my patches. 

I hope this helps...
Boss SY-1000 - General Discussion / Global Tempo?
Last post by Ekus - Yesterday at 06:42:25 PM
Hi All,
I recently got my SY-1000 and want to have it set to a global tempo, so matter what preset/bank I select it stays on the tempo I have tapped in (I set system bpm to Ctrl 2).

I couldn't find a Global tempo only a HOLD TEMPO which is per patch. (This correct?)

I set all of my patches to HOLD TEMPO ON.
I can tap a tempo in and BUT if I switch banks quickly, the tempo still changes randomly.
It is especially a problem with the Beatbuddy and Boomerang.

I have the SY-1000 set to INTERNAL clock and MIDI OUT to MIDI IN on the BeatBeaddy and BeatBuddy MIDI OUT to Boomerang MIDI IN.

Any help or insight would be most appreciated,
Thank you!
General Discussion / Re: Aliexpress guitars
Last post by mostlyjazzer - Yesterday at 06:27:47 PM
Here it is. Had a luthier work on it.
Works well, except I want to make more mods.
Last post by Elantric - Yesterday at 05:57:03 PM
Quote from: mostlyjazzer on Yesterday at 04:32:02 PMAs I was looking for a cheap ( in case of loss) travel headless guitar, I ordered one on December 18th 2023 and it was delivered around 20th feb 2024. It needed a full setup. The electronics were wired wrong with low quality selector and  spent money fixing it. My lesson, for the money I spent so far, better to look for some used American or other known brands and fix and/or pimp them.

Post a pic?
Roland GR-55 Discussion / Re: Can't connect Floorboard, ...
Last post by gumtown - Yesterday at 05:21:43 PM
Are they still selling i7 intel Mac books new ?
I though all new Macs are now M series processor.

The backup to USB stick and Factory Restore is a good plan,
 but it might be worth while checking the GR-55 USB port on another computer.
If the GR-55 driver installs and the GR-55 USB connection works on another computer,
 you can eliminate GR-55 based issues.

What sort of USB port are you using on the Mac ?
If it is a USB-3 or Thunderbolt type, try using a USB-2 type Hub/switch in between the port and the GR-55.

Last post by mostlyjazzer - Yesterday at 04:32:02 PM
As I was looking for a cheap ( in case of loss) travel headless guitar, I ordered one on December 18th 2023 and it was delivered around 20th feb 2024. It needed a full setup. The electronics were wired wrong with low quality selector and  spent money fixing it. My lesson, for the money I spent so far, better to look for some used American or other known brands and fix and/or pimp them.