Positive Grid - Bias Distortion Hardware DSP pedal

Started by mchad, July 13, 2016, 04:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

Elantric

https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-distortion

THE WORLD'S FIRST TONE MATCH DISTORTION PEDAL

BIAS Distortion is a distortion/overdrive pedal that will give you the best analog sounding distortion tone with cutting edge technology. It allows you to virtually design your own distortion pedal in ways never before possible via BIAS Pedal mobile and desktop app, share and download distortion pedals from ToneCloud, plus Tone Match any real world distortion pedals.

BIAS Distortion Pedal
TONE MATCH
Now you can easily match your favorite distortion, overdrive, fuzz, and boost pedals' tone. BIAS Distortion integrates with BIAS Pedal's Tone Match technology – it analyzes and compares your currently selected pedal and the sound of a target tube pedal. It then executes the tonal compensation and enhancements needed to make your pedal's sound accurately match that of the target pedal.

CUSTOM DESIGN
For the first time ever, you can easily design and modify your custom distortion pedal at the most detailed level – from the input volume, to the distortion stages and gain control, to pre and post EQ and much, much more. You can even change the pedal's virtual guts as you would do with a real distortion pedal: modify your boost pedal's germanium transistor or tweak your fuzz pedal's silicon transistor.

PREMIUM COMPONENTS
BIAS Distortion Pedal uses only the finest quality components available. The road-ready metal foot switch, the circuit board, and each knob used are all top of the line. Enrich your pedal tone with the absolute best sound quality analog and digital has to offer.

TONE MATCH ANY DISTORTION PEDAL

Dive into your dream tone instantly by matching your favorite distortion, overdrive, fuzz, and boost pedals.

BIAS Pedal Tone Match technology analyzes and compares your currently selected pedal and the sound of a target tube pedal. It then executes the tonal compensation and enhancements needed to make your pedal's sound accurately match that of the target pedal.

DESIGN YOUR DREAM PEDAL

For the first time ever, you can easily design and modify your custom distortion pedal at the most detailed level – from the input volume, to the distortion stages and gain control, to pre and post EQ and much, much more. You can even change the pedal's virtual guts as you would do with a real distortion pedal: modify your boost pedal's germanium transistor or tweak your fuzz pedal's silicon transistor.

BIAS Pedal's extremely intuitive operation uses the world's most famous distortion pedal circuit layouts, so you can create your custom distortion pedal in a breeze.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Built:

TBD

Knobs:

6 tone-shapping knobs plus boost for excellent hardware control

Footswitches:

4 rugged metal footswitches for preset change and boost

Instrument Input:

Mono 1/4″ TS Hi-Z Input

Expression Pedal Input:

1/4″ TRS Input

Output:

Mono 1/4″ Output

MIDI:

5 pin connectors for In/Out (Thru)

USB:

Connect with BIAS Pedal desktop

Bluetooth:

Connect with BIA Pedal iPad

Power supply:

9V DC (negative tip required)

Dimension (H x W x D):

235 x 145 x 40 mm

Weight:

TBD

FUNCTIONS

Presets:

Come with 10 default presets and able to import new ones
with BIAS Pedal app

Banks:

4 banks for different footswitch assignment

MIDI Control:

Full MIDI Implementation for much more flexible control

BT Pedal Integration

TBD

Software:

Work with BIAS Pedal app for pedal design, preset
management and remoting

Tone Match:

Allows to match any kind of distortion sound

Tonecloud:

Share and download tones of distortion sound

admin

BIAS Distortion is a distortion/overdrive pedal that will give you the best analog sounding distortion tone with cutting edge technology. It allows you to virtually design your own distortion pedal in ways never before possible via BIAS Pedal mobile and desktop app, share and download distortion pedals from ToneCloud, plus Tone Match any real world distortion pedals. Stay tuned for pre-orders coming on 10/20!

https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-distortion/
TECHNICAL DETAILS

Built:

Full metal framework for strongest built quality

Knobs:

6 tone-shapping knobs plus boost for excellent hardware control

Footswitches:

4 rugged metal footswitches for preset change and boost

Instrument Input:

Mono 1/4″ TS Hi-Z Input

Expression Pedal Input:

1/4″ TRS Input

Output:

Mono 1/4″ Output

MIDI:

5 pin connectors for In/Thru

USB:

Connect with BIAS Pedal desktop (PC & Mac) via Micro USB

Bluetooth:

Connect with BIAS Pedal iPad

Power supply:

9V DC (negative tip required)

Dimension (H x W x D):

62.7 x 142 x 227 mm

Weight:

1.3 kg

FUNCTIONS

Presets:

Comes with 10 default presets and able to import new ones
with BIAS Pedal app

Banks:

Distortion Pro Pedal comes with A/B bank with total 20 presets

MIDI Control:

Full MIDI Implementation for much more flexible control

Boost:

"Provides an addition boost function with 3 different boost type to increase additional Gain volume and shape your tone. Boost can be placed before or after the Distortion pedal."

True bypass:

True Bypass for the pure sound quality

Expression Pedal:

Connect with EXP. Pedal to real time control any paramater on stage

Software:

Work with BIAS Pedal app for pedal design, preset
management and remoting

USB connection:

USB connection with PC & Mac

USB power supply:

Able to power up the pedal with USB connection

Bluetooth:

Bluetooth connectivity for BIAS Pedal iOS

Tone Match:

Allows to match any kind of distortion sound

Tonecloud:

Share and download tones of distortion sound

mchad

Well I'm intrigued. Could it replace an OD, a distortion, a fuzz and a booster on a pedalboard? If so there's some handy real estate reclamation for sure.

Codeseven

I was just about to buy they're BT-4 Bluetooth Pedal, but looking at this new Distortion Hardware Pedal I'm thinking besides using it as advertised it could also act as 'just' a MIDI controlling same as they're BT-4, is that correct?

Oh, and this thread doesn't sound very'Positive'.......

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16712.msg119776#msg119776

admin

QuoteI was just about to buy they're BT-4 Bluetooth Pedal, but looking at this new Distortion Hardware Pedal I'm thinking besides using it as advertised it could also act as 'just' a MIDI controlling same as they're BT-4, is that correct?

apparently yes - but like most PG hardware, final shipping unit specifications are subject to change

Codeseven

Quote from: admsustainiac on October 28, 2016, 01:33:47 PM
apparently yes - but like most PG hardware, final shipping unit specifications are subject to change

Thanks, good point.

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: Codeseven on October 28, 2016, 01:31:02 PM
I was just about to buy they're BT-4 Bluetooth Pedal, but looking at this new Distortion Hardware Pedal I'm thinking besides using it as advertised it could also act as 'just' a MIDI controlling same as they're BT-4, is that correct?

Oh, and this thread doesn't sound very'Positive'.......

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16712.msg119776#msg119776

If it has the same annoying switches as the BT-4, it will require a forceful "stomp" to operate.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

yuri

hmm... this is an  programmable digital   pedal as an software  PC distortion pedal with mods  , ...promises like these ,changing various types of germanium transistors ha , ha  etc, are we kidding me this is impossible to produce with this modern technology. For me  this is another  new toys - for those who think they have taken God by the balls .

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Panthersn

I have had the Bias distortion for little over two weeks now, is anyone else having problems downloading presets from the cloud??  I'm finding some work but for the most part when download all I'm getting is odd harmonic noises on all strings.  Also getting "failed to check firmware" when checking for updates (upon arrival from Sweetwater the firmware updated as soon as I linked with my IPAD).  This pedal seems like it has some bugs  ???

mchad

Looks like there's a delay pedal on the way too.

http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/positive-grid-bias-pedals-arrive-australia

Sorry I can't find any more on it.

Arriving this month from Positive Grid are the BIAS Distortion Pro and BIAS Delay Pro hardware pedals.
Using the BIAS software for iPad, Mac or PC, you can easily design and modify your own custom pedal sound at the most detailed level – from the input volume, to the distortion stages and gain control, to pre and post EQ and much more. You can even change the pedal's virtual guts as you would do with a real distortion pedal: modify your boost pedal's germanium transistor or tweak your fuzz pedal's silicon transistor. BIAS Pedal's extremely intuitive operation uses the world's most famous distortion pedal circuit layouts, so you can create your custom distortion pedal in a breeze.

Elantric

QuoteLooks like there's a delay pedal on the way too.

hardware version of the Bias Delay plug in
https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-pedal-delay/

Elantric