Mounting an FTP pickup

Started by Pin, February 28, 2015, 10:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pin

Well, I have succumbed at last and ordered an FTP.

BUT, I have grave doubts about how the mount the pickup. Let me explain.

My main two guitars re midi are a Yamaha SG2000 with GK pickup and Roland Ready MIM Strat. Now I tend to dislike the Strat not because there is anything wrong with it but I dislike the 25.5inch scale length. The Yamaha GK pickup is fitted with the Petrioni pickup humbucker ring removal system (on ebay) and thus doesn't use the revolting bridge fitting options which Roland AND Fishman seem to favour.

I don't want anything attached to the bridge of any of my guitars - it gets in the way of adjustment and I just don't like it.

Now I want to fit my soon-to-be-received FTP to my highly prized (by me) Gibson 1959 Memphis Re-issue ES345 and I certainly don't want any sticky rubbish on it or - obviously - any screw holes. And I refuse point blank to use any of the bridge options.

So what is left? How can I fit the FTP pickup to the ES345? Anyone else faced such a problem?

Elantric

QuoteNow I want to fit my soon-to-be-received FTP to my highly prized (by me) Gibson 1959 Memphis Re-issue ES345 and I certainly don't want any sticky rubbish on it or - obviously - any screw holes. And I refuse point blank to use any of the bridge options.

So what is left?

Given your tight contraints - I share your doubts about how the mount the FTP pickup.

I was going to suggest a Custom PU Bridge Ring for FTP PU mounting, that would be 100% reversible  - rather like my JTV-69

Pin

Quote from: Elantric on February 28, 2015, 02:13:07 PM
Given your tight contraints - I share your doubts about how the mount the FTP pickup

Don't worry Elantric - I shall find a way!