VST Path (Cockos Reaper)

Started by rembrandtvanrijn, December 29, 2014, 03:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rembrandtvanrijn

I'm having trouble getting TriplePlay to show up in Reaper as a VST. I can control standard VST's fine with the FTP at the moment but need access to the TriplePlay VST to change parameters etc.

Second step here in the video above I can't find the correct path for Windows 8.1, anyone knows where it installs?

Jim Williams

I think you may be relying on your installers to place the DLL vst files in on directory. Some installers will place the vst files in other directories especially Windows installers. you can do 2 things find all your vst folders and move the *.dll files to your main vst directory or add your other vst folders to Reaper.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

rembrandtvanrijn

While uninstalling and reinstalling Tripleplay I managed to catch some of the text which flashed up by sheer luck, it installs the .dll files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins

I have no idea why it wouldn't just put them in the Tripleplay folder rather than one labelled Steinberg, I don't even have any Steinberg products on my computer!

supernicd

Steinberg invented and owns the SDK for VST.  Many VSTs will install in this folder by default if you don't choose custom install.  And some DAWs (e.g. Cubase by Steinberg) will scan this folder by default.  I don't think that folder is in Reaper's VST path by default, but it can be added, which is what I did.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Studio_Technology#Overview
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

rembrandtvanrijn

Oh I suppose that makes sense now! Anyway now I can set the thing up correctly I better get back to it.

Jim Williams

When installing any vst make sure to specify the folder you wish to find your vst files. Otherwise the installer will pick a default one for you.

rembrandtvanrijn

I didn't see an option to choose this on FTP setup, maybe I overlooked it though.

Jim Williams

That happens sometimes and all you have to do is find the dll file for the vst and move to your default vst folder.