QSC TouchMix 16

Started by Elantric, June 03, 2014, 09:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://www.qsc.com/products/mixers/touchmix_series/
http://www.qsc.com/products/Mixers/Touchmix_Series/TouchMix-16/

http://qsc.com/files/3114/1278/3382/TD-000472-00-A.pdf

20 total inputs: 16 mic, (four with XLR/TRS combo connector) and two stereo line (TRS)
Dedicated talkback mic input
Stereo Main L/R outputs (XLR)
Ample monitor outputs (eight total) with 6 mono auxiliary mixes (XLR) and 2 stereo auxiliary mixes.
The 2 stereo aux outputs can drive wired in-ear monitors (IEM) directly.
Mono auxiliaries may be linked for stereo use.
Superb sound quality
Class-A microphone pre-amps
32-bit floating point processing
24-bit AD & DA convertors
Input channels are fully-featured:
Four-band full parametric EQ
Variable high-cut and low-cut filters
Gate
Compressor (with de-esser)
Main and auxiliary outputs feature:
1/3-octave graphic EQ (four-band parametric EQ on stereo auxiliaries)
Limiter
Delay
Notch filters
Four professional quality stereo DSP effects. Choose from:
Two types of reverb
Mono delay
Stereo delay
Chorus
Pitch-change
A pitch correct processor is assignable to any input channel.
Eight DCA and eight mute groups.
Color, capacitive touch screen graphical user interface combined with hardware controls for fast and intuitive operation.
Great results and easy to use
Input channel preset library features over 100 presets developed by experienced concert engineers specifically for live sound applications.
Wizards assist with input gain adjustment and effects selection and routing.
On board Info system gives you instant access to the user manual.
Save your own channel presets and complete mixer scenes to internal memory or USB device.
Capturing live performance to multi-track has never been easier. Record 22 tracks (all inputs plus a stereo mix) directly to USB hard-drive. Mix down on TouchMix or import into your favorite DAW.
Remote control via iPad®.
USB Wi-Fi interface and carrying case are included.

http://qsc.com/products/mixers/touchmix_series/

Elantric

Elantric

I plan on having one here next week - confirmed

QSC TouchMix 16

QSC TouchMix Forum:
http://forum.qscservice.com/viewforum.php?f=42&sid=8c97e53bbcafa6d524859a3798ea1a8f

gvidelock

I'll be looking forward to your review.

I've been thinking about replacing my Mackie ProFX12 with one of these units (not sure which size vs. price is best suited for the duo w/ occasional guests)...but we've also contemplated replacing the whole PA rig with a Bose L1 / Tonematch system (no guests, I guess unless we bring an extra mixer  :-\ ).

Our iPads are attached to our mic stands (using UnRealBook to manage our set lists) and I like the idea of remote access to the mixer.
-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

Elantric

Elantric

QSC TouchMix Reviews:
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=151651.0
I did a corporate gig with a dozen break out rooms.  Most of the mixers were QSC Touchmix 16.  No one on the crew, including me, had seen them before.  Audio needs were simple, 2 to 4 wls and a PC audio feed all mixed to built in over head speakers.  We also had to add a video record feed.

Build quality was good and the unit has some weight to it.  No worries the cables were going to pull it off the table.  The proprietary power connector and external PSU were very solid and robust.  I would prefer a standard IEC connector or powercon and no line lump but this is far better than the flimsy  connectors on similar scale equipment.  Robustness is equivalent to a nice fitting IEC.  The unit gets hot on the bottom.  Not sure if this is a problem or not.  The case these came with was very good too.  Just enough room for the mixer and PSU with padding but not so bulky as to take up excessive space.

The user interface was very intuitive. Every one who had to use it had no problem getting to what they needed.  Even the video crew could adjust there own aux mix.  After using it with out any instruction for a day I looked up the manual.  This provided me with some very nice shortcuts.  It has several ways to do what you want to do.  If you think it should work that way, it does.  I would say given some basic setup and training even a nontechnical person could be trained to set levels and mutes.

I did not try any of these features but I wish I had had the time to.  The mixer comes with a tiny USB based wifi adaptor.  The mixer has the settings to be it's own wifi hotspot so no external network hardware needed.  Just the mixer out of the box and an ipad, or eventually, an android tablet to do remote mixing.  It also can do all inputs plus a stereo feed multi track recording to USB.  This would have solved our problems with the video crew had they or we been prepared to use it. It is not multi touch so rapid fire mixing may not work well on it.  At times I did find myself mixing on the gain pots.  However this mixer is so clean I did not feel that was a compromise of quality.

Over all I think it fits very well in the corporate break out, educational, DJ, small band, and church markets. If it has the IO you need and 1 adjustment at a time is OK then this is the board for you.

=====
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1028267-REG/qsc_tm_16_touchmix_compact_digital.html
Very nicely done!
By Guy S.
from San DIego, CA
Verified Reviewer
We ended up receiving our Touchmix 16 a couple of weeks before it officially ships and I'm pleased to report that it has exceeded my expectations.The Touchmix 16 is rack mounted with an 8ch Yamaha amp, 2x sennheiser wirless mics, and a BT receiver. The speakers are permanently mounted QSC AD8T and ADS-52T speakers in the main pavilion and Yamaha VXS5 speakers in the two side pavilions.The Touchmix is a mixer/speaker processor/HD recording system that can be operated with an iPad, but does not REQUIRE a tablet or PC for setup and calibration. The Touchmix 16 eliminated the need for expensive rack-mounted speaker processing gear and was super easy to set up.The manual is excellent - concise, user-friendly, and humorous. If you've spent much time with mixers, however, you won't need to read it in order to use the Touchmix. The software is THAT well designed.QSC's marketing literature does a great job of describing what the unit can do, but it doesn't capture the subtlety with which the features have been implemented. I set up the unit this past weekend and these are some things that struck me:If you notice that a channel has gone into clipping you can use the Gain Wizard to get it sorted. The Gain Wizard looks at how long and how often the channel has clipped and tells you how much to turn down the input gain. That's a really nice touch!You can save presets and apply them to individual input channels... Or to the entire mix (scenes).When you save a scene you have the option of not saving the fader levels. This lets you recall compression, EQ, Gating, Effects, Routing, etc. and just set the levels.Setting a time delay between speakers for a more cohesive sound is easy. There's one knob and three readouts: feet, meters, and time. Watch the readout you're most comfortable with and turn the knob. Dead simple.You can link mono channels to form a stereo pair... on the input channels and on the Aux outputs.DCA groups make it easy to raise/lower the level of several channels at once. DCA groups can apply to individual channels as well as the Aux outputs. This was my first time using DCA groups and I was able to figure it out quickly just by looking at the screen - no manual needed! Channels, Aux outputs and DCA groups can all be renamed. Just click in the name box and start typing.The folks at QSC obviously put a lot of thought into who would use the mixer, where they would use it, and how. I'm old school when it comes to mixers - I like faders and knobs that I can touch and feel. But after just a few minutes with this mixer I would feel very comfortable mixing a small gig or contemporary church worship service with it.
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

and

10 page thread here:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1471384

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Okay here is an update. I debuted the QSC yesterday at a wedding gig, ceremony and reception at the same hotel ballroom. I had to provide recorded music and wireless mics for the ceremony and of course mix a seven piece Motown band and provide recorded dinner and break music at the reception. Set up for the ceremony using my tops only (RCF 10's). Qued in the mic for the ceremony official and the recorded music. Set up and sound check for ceremony was a breeze. QSC worked flawlessly. After the ceremony, big time room change over to reception and set up system adding in my subs (EV powered 12's). I was a little nervous using the new board not knowing how much adjusting on the fly I would have to do quickly as possible so everyone, audience and band members, would be satisfied. To make things even more interesting, the first live song was going to be sung by a guest singer whom we never worked with before. The bride's cousin sang the bridal dance song, "At Last" by Etta James. So, you know, no pressure on the sound guy using a brand new board! It helped a little bit that before we played live I played recorded dinner music over the system. I set the monitor EQ at home before the gig but, as we all know, that can change quickly under real world applications. Ok, so dinner is over and Joy, our guest singer comes up to sing her song, and this woman has the pipes! You never know what you're going to get when someone's "cousin" is going to sing. But she was trained and she was spectacular. Of course all the crowd was standing and around the dance floor so there was no way I could run out front to make adjustments. (no I don't have the iPad set up to use as yet). Then we did the bride and Dad's dance and the groom and his mother dance, still crowed was surrounding the dance area, no running out front for me yet (did I mention that there is no pressure associated with being a sound man!). The band kicks into the first song, "Kiss," by Prince. I finally get my chance to run out and fine tune the room and the instruments in the mix. I started out with the instruments low in the mix not knowing how they would come out of the new board, I also had the monitor sends down, much lower than I had them set on the MixWiz. The last thing I wanted was the monitors to run on me. Anyway, got in my first tweaks of the mix balance of the instruments and vocals. Ran my meter to check the FOH db's and check the RTA to EQ the FOH mix. The QSC was so easy to tweak on the fly. Got the mix set right and the FOH EQ. Then I could use the "Gain Wizard" to check the mic inputs because the three singers in the band sing super hard once we get going. The wizard had me to click back one notch on two of the vocal trim knobs. Very cool feature. (I should point out that I set up all the channels for all the vox and instruments at home using the canned programs). The vocals were the best I every heard from one of my mixes. The effects are first rate (the canned set ups for the vocals FX, comps, gates were spot on, I had to bump up the reverb and delay on the lead vox a bit but man, the sound was great out front). Being able to save the scene is great too. At the end of the night, I just saved the scene and I'll be ready for next week's wedding gig. BTW, my singers loved the new board. We have three lead singers with Shure wireless mics that come down off the stage and crowd interact, etc. I asked their opinion on the new board and they loved it. I can tell when they are happy with what they are hearing because their performance energy level goes way up. Now as far as the monitor mixes, no squeakies, thank God! And the singers said that the montitors were a lot louder then then comng out of the MixWiz. I actually had to turn them down, which is a first, usually they want them so loud that I don't know how they can bare to stand in front of them! If you have any other questions, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase. The board is worth every penny, the included case is good quality too, looks like its made by Gator. I can't wait to get the iPad app set up and working. I hope to have an iPad to try out the wifi feature by next Friday at our next wedding gig.

==

Okay, used the mixer at a wedding gig last night. I was doing sound not performing so I really got to put it through its paces using the iPad app. I had to reset the iPad a few times onsite before the iPad and mixer synced up, but once they did everything was great. There was no drop out or interference. It worked perfectly.

The response between the iPad and the board was almost instantaneous. Very minor lag bewteen making an adjustment on the iPad until hearing the change, less then a second but still a slight delay.

I walked all over the whole room with the iPad to get different perspectives of the sound system and to fiddle with the controls. Response from anywhere in the room was the same, in a good way.

One quick tip, when the patrons do their toasts or speeches, make sure you turn off the gate on that channel. My thresholds are set pretty low but when some of the soft spoken women were using the mics the gate would sometimes close briefly. This caused the band leader to think our wireless system was acting up. It happened a few times before I remembered to turn the gate off, oops! It was great to be able to walk around and raise the volumes for the folks giving toasts then to stand at the board with one of my guys giving me the up/down/ok signs from across the room.

Walking around with the iPad was great for tweaking in the FOH EQ as well. You can make little micro adjustments to the frequencies to get it just right. Although you'll probably be the only one who knows or cares. When the booze is flowing they just want to dance.

Another fun thing is all the looks you get from the attendees. "What's that guy running around doing with an iPad, Mertle?" I was back by the bar and showed the two bartenders. They had never seen anyone use that setup before, they thought it was amazing. I said, "ya, watch this, more kick drum," punch up the kick a little, subs flex their muscles, big grins all around!

It would be cool if somehow you could send recorded music from the iPad back to the board. I wonder if that will be possible in the future? Currently I bring an iPod for break music, etc.

This was my second gig with the Touchmix and the first time using the iPad with it. The sound coming out of this board is very, very good. Really, when I had the FOH mix to my satisfaction, sitting back and just listening to the whole production, it was the best I've ever heard myself produce. If you know the fundamentals of mixing, this set up takes you to the next level in quality. Plus, the band I do sound for loves it! The singers rave about being able to hear their vocals so well and the men who play instruments say they can hear their notes in the FOH better then ever before. When they are happy with what they are hearing, I can tell because they really kick up their performance chops. Drummer loves me! Loves to hear his kick crushing through the subs (it's not as loud out front as he thinks, but I'll never tell <wink, wink>)

In conclusion, I really recommend this board and iPad set up. I have used a Mixwiz since the early 2000's but this is better way to go. It actually makes my sound gig job so easy that I'm a raid I may get a little board at the gigs now!

More QSC TouchMix 16 reviews here:
http://forum.qscservice.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4328&sid=dec7f89caeac2f6fc9d7579818956446

Elantric

http://forum.qscservice.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4366&sid=c10590332b7e022cc3a0f7b70b0c2f7d
Hello everyone. I was having a discussion with the TM development team, and have been given the thumbs up to let you all know of just a couple of the features that are coming in Firmware version 2.0!

-Expanded Wi-Fi router/dongle capability

and

-Expanded pick points for pre-dynamics AUX routing

The arrival date of version 2.0 will be announced on the main QSC website soon, and we will still have some maintenance releases coming before then. Rest assured that this is just the tip of the iceberg for 2.0. We've got some really cool features coming your way.

Now let's get out there and mix it up!
Chris Brouelette
Product Application Engineer
QSC Audio Products, LLC

gvidelock

I watched this series of instructional videos this afternoon. Each is short and entertaining...

-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

Elantric

I posted on the QSC Forums that I would offer to host Touchmix user to user presets here  - but they already responded a day later  and today QSC created a location on the QSC Touchmix Forum for such activities (where it belongs)  - excellent customer support and response to customers needs

QSC touchmix user to user presets sharing area:
http://forum.qscservice.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4422&sid=2f0c16df38e90e6bc0af7dadd81262ad

Elantric

Below sums up best why Ive chosen to buy a QSC TouchMix16

Mostly because compared to the competition  -  QSC TouchMix16 is small , and will likely get used more places compared to lugging a large rack case  -
The QSC with its onboard GUI controller and dual IEM feeds provide the exact feature set for my current needs  -(PA FOH Mix/Monitor Mixer/16 Track Recording of every rehearsal / show/jam straight to attached USB drive - no computer needed)

Re: Wondering how well a GP 10 will work in conjuction with a Line 6 HD500X?
« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:57:14 AM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemoveSplit TopicSplit Topic
I feel like I say something similar in too many threads already - I am officially an old crank LOL.

1) There is immeasurable value in picking a limited toolset and sticking with it, learning it down to the smallest nuts and bolts. Especially if there are obvious limitations - this is what gets your creativity going. I've posted links to books on the subject in other threads. The big, popular one is The Paradox of Choice. The toolset could be a huge Edge-type rack or just the GP-10 itself, but the point is it is static and the musician keeps learning deeper and deeper until there's nothing left to learn, at which point there is nothing but music to occupy your mind. This is a very very good place to be. I have noticed that pretty much all my favorite musicians from the 1930's to today tend to stick with gear for decades on end. None of my favorite musicians are gear hounds , put it that way

2) I learned the hard way to start with function in mind first and choose gear based on my current needs. If the question is Which box is the best for [any general phylum of styles] there is literally no solution to that puzzle in 2014. There is no best. Buying the most expensive one isn't the best, buying every box available isn't the best - there is no best. The best approach is to figure out what you really want out of musical prosthesis and settle for the very first thing you find that does that well. You will know it is doing it well when your rig stops drawing your attention in the middle of a song.

and

Elantric

http://qsc.com/community/blog/bob-bonnen-gigging-touchmix-and-k-family/

Bob Bonnen Gigging with TouchMix and K Family

Bob Bonnen wrote>

I'm mostly a solo performer, sometimes a duo or trio. Vocals, acoustic guitar, and harmonica playing at upscale resorts, private parties and corporate events. I've been a professional musician with performing as my sole source of income since 1989, and do from 3-6 gigs a week. I regularly do indoor or outdoor events with 20 - 250 people so I need a flexible sound system for different environments. I do my own setup and run my own sound.

Currently I'm using QSC TouchMix-16 with two KW122 speakers and one K10 speaker. I may use any combination of speakers depending on the gig. The K10 is small, lightweight and powerful with a very clean sound. It is ideal for portability, small gigs, and even outside work with the threat of weather which can turn quickly here in Florida. With the TouchMix and K10 setup and 3 big plastic bags I can secure my gear against rain in about 20 seconds.

The KW122's with the wood cabinets are my favorite speakers for larger gigs. I've noticed that audiences will tolerate a higher volume with these speakers, possibly because of the warmer smoother sound from the wooden cabinets. Crisp and clean across all frequencies. My new favorite speaker and I've tried most of them. The additional cost and weight for the wood cabinets is well worth it for me.

The TouchMix easily replaces the rack and mixer system I had used before. The overall sound is noticeably better and less prone to feedback using compression at higher volumes. The EQ and effects rival that of quality hardware. And it's very easy to use - I watched several online tutorials and set up my mix quickly without reading the manual. The ability to save settings and scenes is handy for different acoustic environments. I have saved the settings for my occasional trio which considerably cuts down on setup and sound check time.

Put it all together and it's the best sounding, most flexible system I've ever owned. Besides the obvious benefit for the audience, I find that knowing I have great sound adds an extra layer of fun and confidence to my performance.

Visit Bob Bonnen's Website www.bestmusicman.com
Check out the TouchMix compact digital mixer
- See more at: http://qsc.com/community/blog/bob-bonnen-gigging-touchmix-and-k-family/#sthash.CG1Vrlri.dpuf

Elantric

My QSC Touchmix 16 arrives today  - just in time to take to rehearsal tonight

Elantric

QSC Touchmix initial thoughts

Its smaller than I thought  - which means its more portable and will go more places.

Sounds fantastic and lots of headroom 

If you leave the QSC Touchmix external power supply connected to AC Mains power when Touchmix is turned "off" and not in use , the unit remains on the warm side - suggest unplug from AC power when not being used. 

Due to the connector its a proprietary external power supply: but similar to an Astrodyne SPU45-303

* INPUT Voltage: 100-240VAC ~ 47-63 Hz 1.35A 42W
* OUTPUT Voltage:
+5VDC === 5A
+15VDC === 2A
-15VDC === 0.8A

Below is a recent purchase of mine - for using a laptop based virtual rig at a live gig  outdoors in daylight - mounts on a mic stand lets you perform and read QSC Touchmix screen controls in the noon day sun! Mounts on a stand too. Ebay $159

Just avoid using this as a shelf for your beer!

SKB - Model Number: 3I-18135SNSC

Elantric

http://www.sfm.ca/blog/?lang=en

QSC TouchMix-16 Compact Digital Mixer
Posted October 17, 2014

By Mark Desloges  | As seen in Professional Sound Magazine

qsc_TouchMix-16

First off, I should disclose that I've been a longtime advocate of QSC amplifiers and speakers. I have put their gear through hell and back over the years (I'm sorry QSC), and yet, I have been blown away by its performance in light of that time and again. I've seen products suffer ungodly abuse, never flinching. I once found a blown capacitor in one of their amps and ran to my amp service tech in a panic. He laughed.

He said I probably couldn't even tell which channel the blown filter cap was a part of. He was right. So that said, when I was asked if I wanted to get my hands on the company's new and much-hyped TouchMix-16 digital mix surface, I couldn't say no. I opened it up for the first time with my friend and colleague who is an audio equipment sales rep and long-time professional musician. Within minutes we had it on his desk and were poking our fingers at the touch screen.

I've done quite a few console reviews to date and had the chance to operate dozens more in various live settings. What I look for now is ease of use. So as I watched my colleague get acquainted with the interface, I paid attention to how his hands floated over the menus; I watched how he reacted to his first time navigating this new platform. It was impressive how quickly we were able to pick up how to mix on it.

I went through the TouchMix's technical specs before receiving the unit and after getting acquainted, and it's worth checking out the full feature set for yourself. This little thing does some pretty impressive tricks. The common trade-off is that "compact mixer" usually equals "compact features." But as I dug deeper into what this platform actually had to offer, it made it difficult to put it in a class.

Most iPad-driven compact consoles are just that – iPad driven. If you don't have an iPad, you don`t have a console. That's not the case with the TouchMix, which offers iPad remote control via WiFi. What's more, most iPad-driven consoles are very limited in what you can actually do with them. Once again, not the case here.

The onboard Info button is a built-in help feature that lets users learn more about virtually any feature on the TouchMix. The Home button, which brings you back to your main mix regardless of which page you're on, is equally as helpful when getting acquainted with the unit. Less-experienced users will also benefit from its Simple Mode, Effects Wizard, and Gain Wizard for fast and simple out-of-the-box operation; however, virtually all parameters can be edited in the Advanced Mode for the tech-savvy.

From there, noteworthy features include a four-band parametric EQ, gate, and compressor on each input channel,where as each aux and main output, DCA, and mute group has a 1/3-octave graphic EQ, notch filters, limiters, and delay. The onboard DSPs are very quiet and sound great, and really, having 16 mic preamps and six aux sends plus two stereo mixers for versatile monitoring configurations on something with this size – and price – is awesome.

Another cool offering is the ability to easily record what you're mixing with no extra components, save for an external USB drive. You get all your inputs, plus a combined stereo mix in 32-bit, broadcast-ready WAV format. These can be used as backing tracks or imported into your DAW of choice for mixing.

As for the hardware itself, the data wheel is smooth but solid and the user-assignable buttons offer customized control. The touchscreen is sleek and quick to respond.

I should also mention the onboard stereo DSP effects, which in addition to two types of reverb, mono and stereo delay, and chorus features pitch-change, which is an increasingly attractive feature for today's artists.

QSC just stepped the whole game up in the world of remotely piloted compact consoles with a product that essentially sits in a class all its own. There's not much more you can say about it. If you're looking for a board you can drive with an app, tuck in your bag, and you know how to adjust the knee on a compressor, this seems like the most logical place to start.

Well played, QSC.

Elantric

http://musicmentor.guitarcenter.com/qsc-touchmix-online-class/
QSC Online Class Featuring the new TouchMix Digital Mixer
1 hour  Training Video
Designed to pack the power of a full-size, large-format digital console into a conveniently compact form factor, the new QSC TouchMix makes pro-quality results faster and easier than ever. Join us as QSC's Chris Brouelette reveals the features, presets and wizards packed inside.

This online class aired live on October 1, 2014 at 6PM PT..

Elantric

Elantric

http://www.infotopie.nl/downloads/tmprojector

TmProjector
TmProjector is a conversion utility for project files produced by the QSC TouchMix recording feature. The goal is to export project files in several formats so that the project can be easily imported into a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).
Export formatsI'm planning to add more exports and features (maybe also an export the other way round). I'm considering to make it open source, but just need to think about it for a while.
It requires a Windows PC with at least .Net 3.5
Download the latest versoin here.
Or download it in a Zip package, or Rar package (it's just one file).
Release notes
V1.0.2.0
Implemented Wave file hearder parsing, and checking the length of the data. Besides the project file giving larger numbers of samples than the wave files contain, the wave file headers also give a larger number (but to a smaller extent, usually 2 samples compared with thousands in the project file). Now we can set the region length to the exact length of the actual file.
Wave file headers can be inspected in the tree-view, including BEXT information and so on. Note that even though the editor will allow you to alter values via the user interface, the original files will not be altered and the data cannot be saved to a new file (it is read-only). Only the project fields in this tree-view can be altered and saved to a project.
Added a "trim regions" tool-button, which will correct the region lengths of all regions in the project. By default this is automatically done before exporting, but there are some new options to switch it off (for example when you only have the project file at hand).
When a project has been switched between 44100 and 48000 sample-rates between takes, all duration lengths can now correctly be calculated. Previously, if the project file stated that 48000 was the sample-rate, the regions with a sample-rate of 44100 would be allotted a too small timeframe and thus would be cut off at the end (not the original file off course, just the track in the DAW). Vice versa tracks could also get too much time allotted to them the other way round.
Added icons to the tree-view making it look nice and crowded.
V1.0.1.0
Implemented export to OpenTL, a format used by Tascam for their digital recorders which is supported by many DAW's, including ProTools, Logic, Nuendo, Studio One and others.
Added a progress bar and status messages while converting. The OpenTL specification requires a specific file system structure, so the original wave files need to be copied. This takes so much time that giving no feedback would lead to the user thinking that the process has "hang".
Added export-format specific options to the settings dialog. There is an option for OpenTL not to copy the files and refer to the original files. Although not officially supported by the OpenTL specification I guess some DAW's might just accept this. I only tested it with the free version of Studio One, and it failed, after which I implemented it according to the official specs, then it succeeded (but took quite some time).
V1.0.0.0
Initial release, support for exporting to Reaper.

Elantric

Elantric

http://www.qsc.com/resources/software/touchmix-firmware/

New Features Include
Support for password protected, multi-level security access
Expanded Wi-Fi options (including wired connection to an infrastructure router)
Programability of User Buttons
More options for auxiliary mix pick-off points
Expanded channel presets
Updated iOS app
Personal monitor mix application for both iPhone and iPod Touch
Operator may limit or allow access on a per-device basis
iPhone control of the record/playback transport controls and programmable user buttons
Android support (coming soon)
TouchMix v2.0 software standard on new TouchMix-16 and TouchMix-8 models and available as a free download at QSC.com for existing TouchMix owners.

Ipad/iPhone now

Coming Soon  - Android

tomtheguitarguy

I love my Touchmix 8...   ;D
http://www.tomtheguitarguy.com ~ http://www.tomcatsband.com
CIJ Blue Floral w/ McVay G Bender
G & L Will Ray Signature ASAT w/ Hipshot B Bender
JTV-69 James Tyler Variax
Fishman TriplePlay ~ Roland GR-55
Dr. Z RxES 2x12
Quilter MicroPro200 10" ~ Quilter Aviator 8" ~ Quilter Steelaire
Bose L1 Classic

Elantric

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touchmix/id898402638?mt=8

Description
TouchMix Control is an app for iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch that provides wireless control via Wi-Fi of QSC TouchMix-8 and TouchMix-16 mixers. TouchMix mixers are highly capable digital sound reinforcement mixers. You can learn more about TouchMix hardware at qsc.com.

When run on the iPad and iPad mini, the TouchMix Control app closely follows the operational paradigm of the mixers and provides access to all digital mix parameters. In use the iPad and the mixer GUI do not follow each other so it is possible for the iPad to act as an additional user interface that can display and control a set of functions completely different from those being controlled by the mixer's screen and hardware. When used without an actual TouchMix, the app acts as a demonstration of the mixer GUI and functionality but does not control audio in any way.

On the iPhone and iPod touch, the TouchMix Control app functions as a personal stage monitor mix control with the option to also remotely operate the mixer's record and playback features as well as programmable user buttons. To prevent inadvertent adjustment of controls, the mixer operator may allow or restrict access to functions on a per-device basis.

Features:

Running on iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch:

• Connects to TouchMix via Wi-Fi.
• Remotely controls main and auxiliary mixes, pans, effects return levels, record / playback functions and user buttons for QSC TouchMix-8 and TouchMix-16 digital mixers.

Running on iPad, iPad mini:

• Uses the same operational paradigm as the TouchMix user interface and provides access to all digital mixer controls.
• Offline demonstration of TouchMix.
• Includes TouchMix Info system, built-in reference guide.

Controls these TouchMix functions:

• Input channel processing (4-band PEQ, variable high & Low-cut filters, gates, compressor)
• Output channel processing (1/3 octave GEQ, variable high & Low-cut filters, anti-feedback filters, delay)
• Select Simple or Advanced mode
• Displays channel and output level meters
• Channel and output levels
• Effects and auxiliary (monitor) send levels
• Select input presets from extensive library
• Select and control 4 simultaneous effects
• Input and output mutes and cues
• DCA and Mute group control and assignments
• Multi-track recorder arm, playback and transport
• And more

Requirements:

• iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later
• QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with version 2.0 or higher firmware installed.
• QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with supplied Wi-Fi adaptor installed or connected to a network via USB-to-Ethernet adaptor (not required for demo-only).
• QSC Audio Products, LLC WebsiteTouchMix Support Application License Agreement.

What's New in Version 2.0:

• Personal stage monitor mixing on iPhone and iPod touch. Includes record / playback control and user buttons.
• Changes to support and control new features of TouchMix 2.0 firmware.
• If multiple TouchMix mixers are connected to a single network, the app allows the user to select a mixer to control.
• Support for TouchMix firmware V2.0. Please upgrade your mixer by downloading the new firmware at the QSC web site (http://qsc.com/resources/software/touchmix-firmware)

QSC Audio Products, LLC Web SiteTouchMix SupportApplication License Agreement
What's New in Version 2.0.23
Support for TouchMix firmware 2.0
New Features (See details in description)
Bug fixes

Elantric

Critical Update - Stability and Reliability Improvements - The 2.1 release is a critical update that addresses mixer stability and reliability issues. It is highly recommended for all TouchMix owners and users. In addition, the 2.1 release includes new features and functions.

Support for MIDI-over-USB Footswitches
Option to Omit Output Settings from Scene Recall
Multi Language Info System - In addition to English, the mixer's built-in Info system and demo screens now include user selectable options for Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Russian and Spanish
Auxes to Main L/R Assignability -The auxiliary busses may now be assigned to the Main Left and Right outputs, allowing any auxiliary to function as a sub-group.

Also includes these features from version 2.0
Support for password protected, multi-level security access
Expanded Wi-Fi options (including wired connection to an infrastructure router)
Programability of User Buttons
More options for auxiliary mix pick-off points
Expanded channel presets
Updated iOS app
Personal monitor mix application for both iPhone and iPod Touch
Operator may limit or allow access on a per-device basis
iPhone control of the record/playback transport controls and programmable user buttons

Elantric

http://www.qsc.com/resources/software/touchmix-firmware/release-notes/

Version 2.1 Release Notes
Applicable Products
QSC TouchMix-16
QSC TouchMix-8

Changes and Additions
Critical Update - Stability and Reliability Improvements
The 2.1 release is a critical update that addresses mixer stability and reliability issues. It is highly recommended for all TouchMix owners and users. In addition, the 2.1 release includes feature and function updates.

Support for MIDI-over-USB Footswitches
Numerous mixer functions including mutes, preset / scene recall, recording transport control and more can now be controlled remotely by means of MIDI-over-USB devices. This function is similar in operation to the Programmable User Buttons and includes a "Learn MIDI" function that makes it easy to teach the mixer what MIDI command it should recognize and respond to. This function has been verified using the Icon G-Board and Logidy UMI3 footswitches and is designed to work with any class compliant USB MIDI device.

Option to Omit Output Settings from Scene Recall
Settings for the Main and Auxiliary output channels including level, EQ, limiter and delay may be omitted from a scene recall. This allows the user to adjust the output parameters as desired for the venue and then recall mix scenes that change only the input and effects channel parameters.

Multi Language Info System
In addition to English, the mixer's built-in Info system and demo screens now include user selectable options for Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.

Auxes to Main L/R Assignability
The auxiliary busses may now be assigned to the Main Left and Right outputs. Note that a previous release allowed an input to be unassigned from the Main L/R output. In combination, these features mean that any auxiliary can function as a sub-group.

Master Mute Confirmation (iPad App Only)
In response to user input, the Main L/R mute now requires the user to confirm that muting the output is desired.

iOS Device Compatibility
TouchMix firmware version 2.1 is compatible with iOS app version 2.0 – however the new functionality described above will not be accessible from an iOS device running version 2.0. The version 2.1 update for the iOS app is expected to be available from the App Store on or about May 1, 2015.

NOTE: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS REMAIN UNCHANGED WITH ONE ADDITION.
In the Updating the Mixer instructions add an item 10.
10. The download for version 2.1 and higher includes a recovery routine that can restore mixer operation in the unlikely event of internal memory corruption. It is recommended that you keep the tar.gz file on a USB storage device. The mixer will prompt you if recovery is needed.

Firmware Change Log
For a description of new features in 2.1 please refer to the Release Notes.
The frequency with which mixer data is auto-saved to internal memory has been changed for improved compatibility with solid-state memory device management algorithms.
Corrupted internal memory may now be restored from an external USB drive.
A problem that caused occasional low output levels after a hard power cycle has been remedied.
Fixed issues relating to iPad and security.
Fixed an issue that caused 2-track playback problems after the mixer is brought out of standby.
Fixed an issue that caused an output clip when the Noise Generator is enabled and the mixer is brought out of standby.
Multiple improvements to Wi-Fi and network connectivity.

Elantric

Explore the power and intuitive workflow of the award-winning TouchMix interface for yourself. Download the free TouchMix Control App to your iOS or Android tablet for the virtual TouchMix experience.
The TouchMix Control App features:
Complete wireless control of all TouchMix functions and features on iOS and Android tablets
Personal stage monitor Aux mixing control on iOS and Android smart-phones
Connect up to 12 iOS or Android devices in any combination simultaneously
Then, visit your favorite retailer and let your ears confirm what your eyes already know. With sound quality that rivals professional consoles costing ten times more, the TouchMix is... Simply Genius.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=qscaudio.touchmix.app1&hl=en&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonuq7BZKXonjHpfsX66OsvXrHr08Yy0EZ5VunJEUWy2YMFTdQ%2FcOedCQkZHblFnVsJS620SqoNqaIK