VG-99 - HELP! strange artifacts in synth patches. Sounds like pitch shift

Started by adamlee011, August 22, 2017, 01:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamlee011

Quote from: chrish on August 24, 2017, 09:26:21 AM
I was just curious as to what 13 pin Jack you installed into the quarter-inch jack location on the guitar?

Here's the whole process. How I did the install. Unfortunately dropbox changed their policy at some point and stopped hosting my pics. I haven't had a chance to host them somewhere else and relink everything. Maybe I should have left the original uploaded ones even if only members could see them. oh well.   https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16208.0

adamlee011

WOOHOO! Now we're getting somewhere! Lowering the normal bridge pup away from the strings improves things a bit. What's more, running a screwdriver through the air above the hex pickup for the string in questions makes it act up without even touching anything. There's def some magnetic field stuf going on here. It's going to be a delicate balancing act between gk to string distance, gk to mag pup, etc. The delicate balance in a guitar setup didn't really need help being complicated. I'm surprised it took me this long to find adjustments that affect this anomaly. Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions. Another strange thing happened. I found that with gk tyope set to "piezo G" if I pluck the low string it cuts in and out completely. like it's got a heavy compressor or gate type thing happening. Scared the crap out of me but it's only doing it with that setting it seems. Possibly the tweaks for the ghost pickup, whatever filters are run in that setting, combined with a gk height problem and magnetic field problems. I do still want to get the mag pup out completely and see what it does before I try to get this balancing act right again.