VG-99 - considering revisiting my vg99..

Started by hsuru4u, June 30, 2017, 10:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hsuru4u

thinking of pulling it out and refitting the gk pickup to get back into it. I remember some killer tones and things with the unit but have more recent units surpassed this? jusat wondering if its worth the time.

Elantric

Quote from: hsuru4u on June 30, 2017, 10:35:17 AM
thinking of pulling it out and refitting the gk pickup to get back into it. I remember some killer tones and things with the unit but have more recent units surpassed this? jusat wondering if its worth the time.

I think its very much worth the time to explore the VG-99
https://aliensporebomb.bandcamp.com/album/tales-from-the-next-phase-outwards

many VG-99 examples here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=2.0

ericar123

I bought an AXE FX about a year ago and left my VG99 unused until 2 weeks ago. Going back to it after this long shows me the strengths and weaknesses of this unit and still makes me wish Roland would make a new updated replacement. After this long there are still so many cool things that can be done with this piece of gear that I am glad I kept it. Even the editing software feels fresh and complete and easy to use. There is no doubt in my mind that Roland could be where Fractal Audio is if they had kept moving forward with the VG line.

hsuru4u

or even if they revisited the code and updated the vg99...i would pay for that...I just couldnt afford a new vg100 if it came out at prices where the vg99 was.

ericar123

I also have to say that I visit this site at least once a day and never stop finding interesting info here. Also the best bunch of people for sharing and helping of any group I have ever joined.

hsuru4u

vanceg

Quote from: hsuru4u on July 05, 2017, 08:26:41 AM
or even if they revisited the code and updated the vg99...i would pay for that...I just couldnt afford a new vg100 if it came out at prices where the vg99 was.

I know I'd be happy to afford a VG-100 at prices like the VG-99 was when it came out.  Absolutely.  I still find the VG-99 to be the most impressively powerful guitar processor I've ever encountered.  By a long shot.

Dig back in and dig deep - There is a lot of great stuff in the VG-99