FC300 - Controling the VG-99 and GR-33 with the FC300

Started by TygermanGB, March 19, 2008, 04:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TygermanGB

I'm looking for some tips on how to use the FC300 to control both the VG-99 and my GR-33. I want to preserve the control settings I have set up thru the Editor and want to add patch assignments to the GR-33 so when I change patches using the 1-0 switches on the FC-300 it automatically changes patches on the GR-33. I'd like to set it up so that some of my VG-99 patches are paired up with patches on the GR-33 (like an organ patch on both units) and the patch changes are sent to both from the FC-300.
Thanks in advance guys.
-Ty
Parker Guitars - VG-99, VG-8ex, GR-55, GP-10, US-20 and Bidule/Mobious/Jamstix NI for soft synths

njmowatt

Did u ever get a reply on this or figure it out. If not, let me know, I'm trying to do the same type of thing and have figured out somethings but a few things elude me.

I can talk to another device with an independent midi channel and call up individual presets, but I still have problems with using the exclusive mode on the FC300. I've had to go to Patch mode to get most (not all) of the behaviour that is needed for my live setup.

Mark.A.Forrester@lmco.com

I'm another user with a VG99 & GR33, trying to see whether the FC-300 is the best way to control these & a Yamaha PSR550 as well.  I figure that I can write midi files out from Sonar and play them in WMP, but for a range of sounds live, I'd like to actually use the FC-300 and haven't yet found out what it's really good at.

Thanks!

Elantric

For controlling these multiple devices -  I prefer a FCB1010 and UNO firmware - Theres a Good Editor to configure the MIDI streams and more onboard footswitches to do real work. You sacrifice the ability to have 5 Expression pedals - But always having dedicated switches to send MIDI commands to unique devices makes far less hassle at the gig.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=32.0

I do have a FCB1010 that precedes the FC-300, so I like the option you mentioned.  I checked out the links you mentioned, although I haven't gone very far with it.  Do you have everything connected only via MIDI cables, or what is your routing?  The difference in the VG99, using MIDI through the USB makes things a bit assymetrical, and of course the FC-300 is connected by the RJ45 cable.  Can you "draw" your routing suggestion?  I'll try to get one of these $10 chips and the UNO editor to try it out!  An editor environment would be very helpful.  I wonder if there's a way to use both the FCB1010 and VC-300 together, in some complementary fashion?

I've been using multiple columns on Ableton Live.  I can set each column to go out to a different midi channel, and fire off a whole row of columns simultaneously with one click at the end of the row.  The FC300 option seemed too complicated.