Boss FS-6 LED's

Started by Bob Wells, July 05, 2014, 11:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Wells

Hi all, I'm Using an FS-6 dual footswitch to control assigns on my GT-100 but as you will know the you use the footswitch in momentary mode, so the LED's only come one while the switch is pressed.
Does anyone know a mod whereby when you press once the LED comes on and press again it goes off as does the CTL and the loop switch on the GT-100.
I don't mind even if I have to fit another LED so long as I know the effect is on or off.
Hope you can help guy's Bob  ???
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender MIM GC-1 Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster FMT HH
Boss GT-100
Roland GR-55
Roland GFC-50
Boss JS-10 E-Band
Marshall JVM 210H
Marshall 2x12 1936 cab

Elantric

It not very straight forward - and my past attempts typically get out of sync middle of first set

Bob Wells

Yeh wondered about that, Ill keep trying, if I come up with anything I'll be sure to post the results.
Fender Telecaster FMT HH
Boss GT-100
Roland GR-55
Roland GFC-50
Boss JS-10 E-Band
Marshall JVM 210H
Marshall 2x12 1936 cab

Elantric

I recall there is an old Don Lancaster CMOS Cookbook style NAND gate array dual output bi-stable latch (to LED) and Momentary out (to Roland FC-300) circuit that we used to use in the old days when we were making the 1st remote controls for Roland SDE3000.

Hopefully someone among our collective brain trust has come up with a solution.

The day is young

Elantric

Bob Wells

That look's promising  ;D
Fender Telecaster FMT HH
Boss GT-100
Roland GR-55
Roland GFC-50
Boss JS-10 E-Band
Marshall JVM 210H
Marshall 2x12 1936 cab

gumtown

Quote from: Bob Wells on July 05, 2014, 11:36:46 AM
Hi all, I'm Using an FS-6 dual footswitch to control assigns on my GT-100 but as you will know the you use the footswitch in momentary mode, so the LED's only come one while the switch is pressed.
Does anyone know a mod whereby when you press once the LED comes on and press again it goes off as does the CTL and the loop switch on the GT-100.
I don't mind even if I have to fit another LED so long as I know the effect is on or off.
Hope you can help guy's Bob  ???
You don't have to use the FS-6 in momentary mode,
it can be in latching/toggle mode,
but the GT-100 assign "Source Mode" must be set to "momentary" instead of "toggle".
The main advantage of having the FS-6 in momentary mode is if you want to use an assign when an effect/event happens only while the pedal is pressed,
toggle mode is fine, but it limits your use to toggle events only.
Just make sure the assigns are set to momentary, or else you end up in a situation where you require double tapping on the pedal to toggle an effect.

(FS-6 toggle + GT-100 assign toggle = double toggle result)
(FS-6 momentary + GT-100 assign momentary = momentary action result)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

Quote from: gumtown on July 06, 2014, 02:36:35 PM
You don't have to use the FS-6 in momentary mode,
it can be in latching/toggle mode.

Yes that's how I do it with my GT-10, however its a pity there's no reset line to external switches so the LED's could be turned off when you switch patch. The just keep on glowing at you, out of sync with the state of the unit.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Bob Wells

Thank's Gumtown, I'll give that one a try, sounds like it will be the answer.
Bob
Fender Telecaster FMT HH
Boss GT-100
Roland GR-55
Roland GFC-50
Boss JS-10 E-Band
Marshall JVM 210H
Marshall 2x12 1936 cab