Anyone using Behringer B112D's?

Started by RRhodes, September 25, 2014, 04:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRhodes

On a limited budget, the B212D's were recommended on this site, but the B112D's are 1000w (peak) as opposed to 800w , have a few more features including slightly lower FR, not to mention that I can get them NEW for less than used 212's

Anyone try these? Am I missing something?

thx
Gr-55 with GK 3 on Ibanez Artcore
JBL Pro series 4341 studio monitors
Behringer B112D's for live stuff

BackDAWman

I have two B112D's (actually one is a B112mp3). They are excellent. Sound great with a crisp top end and solid bottom end. Had them about a year now without a problem.

RRhodes

Quote from: BackDAWman on September 25, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
I have two B112D's (actually one is a B112mp3). They are excellent. Sound great with a crisp top end and solid bottom end. Had them about a year now without a problem.

I've been spoiled with a pair of JBL 4341 studio monitors, but I think for playing live they'll be ok...especially with a sub, if I get into a lot of low end stuff.

thx for the feedback

BackDAWman

I use mine with a Behringer B1800D for my solo show. It kicks ass!

MusicOverGear

I play with a keyboard player who uses a Behringer powered monitor. His looks like a 15". I've never given his a single thought until now, so I guess it must be pretty transparent and quiet. I will say that his is heavy - though he's a small guy...

RRhodes

I pulled the trigger on a pair of 112D's

Seems to be a good flexible and low cost solution to most of what I will be doing

1) As an amp/speaker combo when using the GR 55
2) As floor monitors when using bigger PA's
3) As a PA for smaller venues
4) I chose the 12" version, anticipating the use of a sub(s) when big low end is needed
5) They way less than 30 lbs. a piece
6) dual inputs doesn't hurt either

LJS

Congrats on the purchase!

I have B212Ds and absolutely love them. I've had them for about a year and a half and use them daily for practice. I route all three voices of my Godin LGXT to them. Acoustic straight through the mixer. Electric through a Zoom G-5 multi-effects pedal. And synth through a Roland GR-55. They all sound amazing through the B212Ds.

I also have a Behringer K1800FX keyboard amp for my drums and keyboards and it rocks too. Behringer delivers a lot of great sound for the buck.

Hey, I've heard that you get a three year warranty on Behringer products if you register them within 30 days of purchase. It's worth checking out because otherwise the warranty is only a year.