Dr. Duck's Ax Wax?

Started by montyrivers, June 12, 2012, 12:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montyrivers

Hey all,

I just got my hands on some of this stuff after it was reccomended to me by a friend.  I tried it out as a fretboard cleaner and string lube and I gotta say: not too shabby.  Makes the Wilkinson stay in tune even after the trem is pulled back or dived down all the way.

Anyone use this stuff?  Anything I should know about?  As far as I know there's nothing about it that will oxidize my hardware or eat through my finish?

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Ducks-Ax-Wax/dp/B0064CKGLQ

BlakeWilder

Hey!

I use it too! And a top tip is: only use some drops of it (otherwise it´s harder to get rid of the excess):)
This cleaner seems to last forever as you´re supposed to only use some drops of it!
And it cleans everything: strings, hardware, wood, the finish- perfect!

Greetz,

Blake

aliensporebomb

Heard about this - never seen it in person however.  I've also heard the "little goes a long way" epithet.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Toby Krebs

Great product for conditioning rosewood or ebony fret boards. Much better than linseed oil(sticky).I use a syringe from some other guitar lube  product filled with vasoline to lube nuts and trems etc...but Dr. Ducks will do that okay too. Vasoline stays put better in a nut slot though.

aliensporebomb

Good to know.  The Roland Ready Strat was 12 years old but brand new and obviously had been sitting in a hardcase for the better part of a decade or so.  That rosewood board drank lemon oil up like it was nothing.  I'll have to see what I can do about getting some of this.  My other rosewood and ebony board instruments will be wanting some of that too I bet.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

falseknight

Been using this for about 15 years - can't speak too highly of it - but still on my first bottle.

lespauled

I've been using Dr Ducks for many years.  Follow the directions and don't put much on.  I still have about a 1/2 bottle and I bought it about a decade ago.  I've tried others, but always come back to Dr. Ducks.

rolandvg99

Haven't tried that brand, but it's clear that the Ax Wax is NOT what keeps them in business. 20 years to empty a bottle!? I'll bet my chipped and bruised Strat Plus would empty one pretty quick without any noticeable difference. ;)
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

montyrivers

Quote from: rolandvg99 on June 16, 2012, 02:13:45 AM
Haven't tried that brand, but it's clear that the Ax Wax is NOT what keeps them in business. 20 years to empty a bottle!? I'll bet my chipped and bruised Strat Plus would empty one pretty quick without any noticeable difference. ;)

They're actually offering to sell you a bundle of Ax Wax, a couple packs of strings of your choice and a string winder for $25 if you hit the company's main site.  Clearly they're not selling that much of the stuff, but I hope they stay in business!  This stuff is SO much cheaper than that Dunlop kit.

rolandvg99

Quote from: montyrivers on June 16, 2012, 08:55:18 AM
They're actually offering to sell you a bundle of Ax Wax, a couple packs of strings of your choice and a string winder for $25 if you hit the company's main site.  Clearly they're not selling that much of the stuff, but I hope they stay in business!  This stuff is SO much cheaper than that Dunlop kit.

$25 for all that? That's like NOK 150,-. Here in Norway The Dunlop 6500 care kit carries a recommended retail price of NOK 495,- which equals $82! Silly high cost country this is...
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner