Newbie needs some advice - acoustic and electric

Started by kovacs, November 25, 2015, 03:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kovacs

Hey wonderful people of vguitarforums. I have been lurking for a long time, but figured I need to sign up finally.

I've played guitar for 33 years, mostly classical, but also dabble in acoustic and electric. I play mostly at home, but do occasional gigs with local choirs and bands. So I'm very much a hobbyist!

I am looking to buy a guitar synth which supports the following:
- can be used with both acoustic and electric guitar
- can control plugins in Logic Pro X on my Mac
- has expression pedal (or can plug in one)
- does not require a rocket science degree to set up and create sounds
- can provide som fun and lots of room for experimentation!
- has some "classic" built-in effects like reverb, delay, modulation etc

Some other questions:
- do I need to invest in a GK-3 pickup for each guitar? Or is easy to move?
- I prefer the acoustic sound of my Taylor 322E. Would it be possible to connect to the unit via a condenser mic...? I understand that this negates the use of the pickup, but I am thinking of whether the unit can be used as a "normal" effect board.

Currently I can get a GR-55 for less than half price, including a GK-3.
The Boss GP-10 (with mic) is just around where I think my budget is.

I need some help to choose...which unit will give me hours and weeks and months of fun?

I did own a GR-1 back in the day, but never really found a use for it as a I never got comfortable with the tracking. Plus recording at home has become sooo much easier since then.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

slooky

Gp-10  ,,,,, get the gk3 pickup for your electric, you won't  be diappointed. Using as a normal effects board, you will lose out on half the fun.

kovacs

Thanks guys! I went to a store to demo it today, but they didn't have it in stock. I'll look around a bit...
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Elantric

Most dealers don't carry GK 13 gear

We do have an attractive Group Buy for Vguitarforums members

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=175.0

kovacs

Thanks - I scored a GP-10 at 25% off during a Black Friday sale. Just waiting to get my hands on it.  8)

slooky

Quote from: kovacs on November 28, 2015, 06:02:39 AM
Thanks - I scored a GP-10 at 25% off during a Black Friday sale. Just waiting to get my hands on it.  8)

;D ;D ;D let us know what you think