GR-55 - Need to differentiate between Guitar mode and Bass mode patches ?

Started by gumtown, February 09, 2011, 12:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumtown

I don't know if this will be an issue latter on, but i am wondering if there is a need to distingush whether the patch was made in either guitar mode or bass mode on the GR-55?

You could say, "well - just put them in the Bass catagory",
but then would the patches be ones made for use with a bass,
or ones made for a guitar to sound like a bass... ???
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ddlooping

Good point.  :)

I'd suggest for the thread titles to be along the line of...

[Guitar] "You Really Got Me"
[Guitar] "You Really Got Me" (bass)
[Bass] "You Really Got Me"
[Bass] "You Really Got Me" (guitar)

i.e, placed at the beginning of the title would be the mode used, in between square brackets, and the instrument(s) emulated at the end
Diaz Guitars (work in progress)

Elantric

If there is enough interest, we could create a separate "GR-55 Bass Patches" Catagory.

Probably a good idea!

Elantric

markcasq

I guess this answers the question I have in my head.  I am planning to get a gk-3b for my bass guitar.  I currently only use GR-55 for guitar.  I was curious whether the 297 user patches is shared between guitar and bass mode, and from what I interpret from this thread, it is shared.   Correct?

gumtown

Quote from: markcasq on May 02, 2011, 06:00:32 AM
I guess this answers the question I have in my head.  I am planning to get a gk-3b for my bass guitar.  I currently only use GR-55 for guitar.  I was curious whether the 297 user patches is shared between guitar and bass mode, and from what I interpret from this thread, it is shared.   Correct?
No. In Bass Mode there is a different set of 297 patches.
A patch created from the opposite Mode can be used (guitar patch in Bass mode) but a few the assigns may be a little mis-alligned and the Modeling settings are different, each patch does contain both guitar and bass mode modeling settings, but the relevent modeling settings are used depending on the mode the GR-55 is set to..

When you switch modes, there is one trap with the GK settings menu, both modes share the same GK selection setting number, so if you set your GK to User 1, then switch mode, the GK will still be set to User 1.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

markcasq

thanks this is very helpful!  so then I would just have to also change the GK user everytime I switch.  Now next decision: GK-3B or GK-KIT-BG3 ???