Roland gr-55 and Roland fc-200 Program Change problem

Started by hisguitarista, December 30, 2015, 04:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hisguitarista

Hi wondferful guys of the V guitar forum. I recently bought a roland gr-55 and purchased a second hand roland fc-200 midi foot controller. Right out of the box, the Roland fc-200 works well with the roland gr-55. My main goal is to program patches from the roland gr-55 to the number pedals of the roland fc-200. The number pedals of the foot controller work well with their corresponding patches in the roland gr-55. However when I select MAP SELECT:PRG on the system tab of the roland gr-55, it won't work. I've tried programming different patches on the pc's of the rx pc map and they really would not work. It only works when I choos MAP SELECT FIX. I'm really confused. Help please thank you so much!

Mrchevy

Welcome to V guitar forums. This is a tutorial video I did a while back that may help. I'm not real familiar with RC 200. In the video I use a GT100 to control the GR55 but the principles are the same. This is geared more towards patch changes but goes into the RX /TX settings.
! No longer available
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

gumtown

With the midi program table set to "FIX" (fixed), the GR-55 works on the first 128 patches with patch change midi data only.
With the midi program table set to "PROGAM", the GR-55 requires bank change + patch change midi data to access the 297 User patches and the Preset patches.

The FC200 (like most midi patch change pedals) only sends the 128 patch change commands only.

You can use the Roland Librarian software to re-arrange your first 128 User patches to the order required.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/