GK Ready Guitars

Started by Elantric, January 23, 2008, 01:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

New Lefty iGuitar from Brian Moore
http://iguitarworkshop.com/iGuitar9.13LeftHanded.aspx?utm_source=iGuitar+Workshop+November+2012+-++new+USA+Lefty+iGuitar+%26+Killer+Upgrades&utm_campaign=iGuitarWorkshop+&utm_medium=email

Item Number: iGuitar9.13 Left Handed
Manufacturer: iGuitar Workshop
Manufacturer Part No: iGuitar9.13 Left Handed

Comfort contoured mahogany body
    Figured Maple Top
    Choice of any custom color
    Unique sculpted headstock with "M" logo
    22 fret Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
    25 1/5" scale 15" radius
    Strat style trem
    Choice of RMC piezo/13pin or Graphtech Ghost piezo/13pin
    Choice of Gold, Chrome or Black Hardware
    Sperzel Locking tuners
    Innovative rear output jack location
    Neck: Seymour Duncan Alnico II
    Middle:  Seymour Duncan Alnico II single
    Bridge: Seymour Duncan JB
    The iGuitar 9.13 Left Handed is custom built to order and lead time is about 12 weeks

Fast tracking access to Roland, Axon and Yamaha 13pin guitar synths
    No need for externally mounted GK type magnetic hex synth pickup
    Improved tracking over externally mounted magnetic GK type magnetic hex synth pickups
    Compatible with all 13 pin guitar synth products including the latest systems from Roland GR-55, VG-99 and older systems such as GR-20, GR-33, GR-30, GI-20, GI-10, VG-8, VG-88, VGA-7, VGA-5, Axon AX-100, AX-50 and Yamaha G50
    Blend all both outputs: piezo acoustic and 13 pin, for incredible new sound creations
    Connect easily to your computer via our patented iGuitar.USB system for recording, practicing and online jamming
    Connect to music notation and Guitar TAB software programs such as Sibelius and Finale (Roland GR-55 or GI-20 recommended)
    Hard case included
    Optional USB Audio - Add $300

Visit our Accessories page for Y cables, cases and other items
    Click here to see a typical 13.USB setup
    Watch a Piezo/13 pin/ USB Demo Video
    Note: The 13 pin cable is always sold with the 13 pin synth unit.

Visit our Facebook page to talk to other owners and players.
See their guitars and hear the music they create.
Read customer feedback and testimonial here.

Order Online or contact us with any questions and for help ordering.
845-809-5347 x226 or sales@iguitarworkshop.com

See more detailed product images below:

Kevin M

Quote from: Elantric on November 12, 2012, 05:03:03 PM
New Lefty iGuitar from Brian Moore
http://iguitarworkshop.com/iGuitar9.13LeftHanded.aspx?utm_source=iGuitar+Workshop+November+2012+-++new+USA+Lefty+iGuitar+%26+Killer+Upgrades&utm_campaign=iGuitarWorkshop+&utm_medium=email

Item Number: iGuitar9.13 Left Handed
Manufacturer: iGuitar Workshop
Manufacturer Part No: iGuitar9.13 Left Handed

Comfort contoured mahogany body
    Figured Maple Top
    Choice of any custom color
    Unique sculpted headstock with "M" logo
    22 fret Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
    25 1/5" scale 15" radius
    Strat style trem
    Choice of RMC piezo/13pin or Graphtech Ghost piezo/13pin
    Choice of Gold, Chrome or Black Hardware
    Sperzel Locking tuners
    Innovative rear output jack location
    Neck: Seymour Duncan Alnico II
    Middle:  Seymour Duncan Alnico II single
    Bridge: Seymour Duncan JB
    The iGuitar 9.13 Left Handed is custom built to order and lead time is about 12 weeks

Fast tracking access to Roland, Axon and Yamaha 13pin guitar synths
    No need for externally mounted GK type magnetic hex synth pickup
    Improved tracking over externally mounted magnetic GK type magnetic hex synth pickups
    Compatible with all 13 pin guitar synth products including the latest systems from Roland GR-55, VG-99 and older systems such as GR-20, GR-33, GR-30, GI-20, GI-10, VG-8, VG-88, VGA-7, VGA-5, Axon AX-100, AX-50 and Yamaha G50
    Blend all both outputs: piezo acoustic and 13 pin, for incredible new sound creations
    Connect easily to your computer via our patented iGuitar.USB system for recording, practicing and online jamming
    Connect to music notation and Guitar TAB software programs such as Sibelius and Finale (Roland GR-55 or GI-20 recommended)
    Hard case included
    Optional USB Audio - Add $300

Visit our Accessories page for Y cables, cases and other items
    Click here to see a typical 13.USB setup
    Watch a Piezo/13 pin/ USB Demo Video
    Note: The 13 pin cable is always sold with the 13 pin synth unit.

Visit our Facebook page to talk to other owners and players.
See their guitars and hear the music they create.
Read customer feedback and testimonial here.

Order Online or contact us with any questions and for help ordering.
845-809-5347 x226 or sales@iguitarworkshop.com

See more detailed product images below:

Seems a little pricey to me for one of their Korean models.

Robb

Not sure if I'm in the correct space for this question...I have a  VGA 7 amp and a roland ready strat I bought at the same time period ( both new ). The guitar has stopped picking up the B string and sometimes the G string when using the synth pick up...I am thinking of buying a new GC 1 not only to have a working guitar again but to get 22 frets !   Will the pick up in the new GC1 work correctly with the VGA 7 ?  And should I just send the old guitar back to roland to see if they can fix it?....I have tried two different cables and still the B string does not register...thanks for any suggestions

datsunrobbie

Before sending it back to Roland, try reseating the GK cable a few times on both ends. I have had the same issue with the same hardware on several occasions, and was able to resolve it every time by unplugging the cable and plugging it back in a few times. Make sure to do it on BOTH ends. It could be that the 13-pin socket on the VGA-7 is dirty. While I am sure GK pickups can fail, I have not actually encountered it since purchasing by G-707 way back in 1985.

As for compatibility, the GC-1 should work just fine with the VGA-7 - it appears to be electronically the same as the RR Strat.

aliensporebomb

Also try Deoxit or similar on the connectors on the amp and on the guitar and on the plugs of the GK cable.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Robb

Got the small bottle of deoxit....tried to lube all pins on both sides of cable...inserted cable several ( 20) times both on the VGA 7 and the guitar...both the G and B string came back to life although lower in sound level....then 5 minutes go by and now they are out again!!   Tried another round of deoxit but no go this time....

Now I have the G string back but not the B ....  Tapping the PU it seems to be working so I figure the problem is in one of the plugs?  I will keep applying the deoxit a few more times to see if I can bring this thing back to life.   Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Onyx Forge

If anyone is interested in a custom scratch built MIDI, you may want to consider Onyx Forge Custom Guitars - I've built 6 commissioned MIDI customs in the last five years, and am in the process of converting two of my personal LR Baggs Piezo guitars into MIDIs using Graphtech electronics.

I bought a GR-55 about a month ago. I'm having so much fun with it that I decided to do the two conversions.

Here are pics / links of the MIDI guitars mentioned above - hit any link for a complete spec and more pics:

http://www.onyxforgeguitars.com/C59.html

http://www.onyxforgeguitars.com/C58.html

http://www.onyxforgeguitars.com/C51.html

http://www.onyxforgeguitars.com/C48.html

http://www.onyxforgeguitars.com/C46.html

http://www.onyxforgeguitars.com/C43.html

The average delivered price for the guitars above was $3,295, including a custom fitted Unitec case. Each instrument takes about 12 weeks to build. Since every guitar is scratch built from a mutually generated spec sheet, your only limit to the design is your imagination.

Regards,
Roy Bullis
Onyx Forge Custom Guitars LLC
Laguna Hills, CA
www.onyxforgeguitars.com
949 351-4108

GR-20  / GR-55

Onyx Forge Soloist - Graphtech MIDI

Onyx Forge LP Double Cut - GTech electronics, Baggs TOM Piezo bridge

Onyx Forge Koa Jag - Gtech saddles / electronics

whippinpost91850

AS A BUILDER MYSELF(THOUGH IT'S BEEN AWHILE NOW) THESE ARE VERY NICE LOOKING GUITARS. 8)

mbenigni

aliensporebomb

Wow, the doublecut with the redwood top is eye popping - that's lovely wood.  And the green ebony fingerboard strat.  Yum!  Maybe if I sell a few more cds.....

audiotrax

Incredible eye candy to drool over here!  I really wish Ovation still made those Roland ready nylon guitars.  I REALLY like those Ovation classicals (thinking Al Di Meola, and Pat Methany).  The necks were incredible, and they were just gorgeous to look at. At least I don't think they make them anymore...
Owner of: VG-88, GI-10, Cubase 5, Kontakt, SampleTank, var VSTI's, Roland JV1080.  Strat with GK-2A, two Roland GR500 analog guitar synths

thebrushwithin

Did anyone get to the Gittler instruments booth at NAMM? I love the idea, especially the improvements on the original, but I wonder about the playability, balance, etc.
has anyone played a Gittler?

Elantric

I tried to play it - it was not my cup of tea. Great conversation piece.

If you were a Yngvie Malmstein devotee of scalloped fingerboards, the Gittler might attract you.

Im not, and it didnt - but thats me.

thebrushwithin

I hear you! Did you try it with the neck attachment, to give the neck a traditional feel?

Elantric

I did not see that attachment demonstrated at the booth - it needs it. but that does not fix the  poor balance of the entire instrument

Of course the $4K price was a bit of a hurdle too.
http://gittlerinstruments.com/order

But tend to I have an allergic reaction to guitars that cost more than my first new car.

I just try to forget what my older guitars in my own collection are worth. I have a real 1961 Strat a 1961 Gibson SG Special, and a 1961 Rickenbacker 4001 Bass with horseshoe PU and checkerboard binding - paid $200 each for them in the 70's. To me these are tools, I cringe when I read Vintage Guitar Mag and see what some of my guitars are supposedly worth.

mapperboy

I hear ya Elantric, just like that old house we lived in in San Jose.  Just a crappy 50s bungalow, not worth fixin up really. Was it really $1.3M worth of house during the dot com peak? Only because there was a buyer.

And some people just got to have a LP Gold Top in secure storage, one with some kind of super rare binding or electrics (you know, only 5 in the whole world type of thing) and it ends up just like that rare coin collection.  Once in a while when a good friend is over, open the original case, lift the crimson veil, take it out o so carefully, don't scratch or put rash on it, appreciate it for a few minutes and back in the case it goes. It's an 'investment'.

Good instruments exist on this earth to be played and heard not hidden!

-Cheers to everyone (even collectors).   

Quote from: Elantric on February 05, 2013, 05:25:37 PM
I did not see that attachment demonstrated at the booth - it needs it. but that does not fix the  poor balance of the entire instrument

Of course the $4K price was a bit of a hurdle too.
http://gittlerinstruments.com/order

But tend to I have an allergic reaction to guitars that cost more than my first new car.

I just try to forget what my older guitars in my own collection are worth. I have a real 1961 Strat a 1961 Gibson SG Special, and a 1961 Rickenbacker 4001 Bass with horseshoe PU and checkerboard binding - paid $200 each for them in the 70's. To me these are tools, I cringe when I read Vintage Guitar Mag and see what some of my guitars are supposedly worth.
"No such thing as spare time.
No such thing as free time.
No such thing as down time.
All you got is life time. Go!"
- Henry Rollins

Elantric

My family moved from Glendora CA to Cupertino CA in 1963. Our two story house near the foothills cost $22K new.

My folks were happy when we moved to Ohio in 1969 to get $45K for this Cupertino House.

Today that house is worth several million.

thebrushwithin

Oh my, what I have done to my collector's items. My favorite is a 1949 Gibson ES 175, that I bought at a pawn shop in 1970, for $75.00!!!!!! It had only one pickup, in the neck position, and of course I wanted 2... So I bought 2 DeArmond humbuckers, and had someone install them, and, because it didn't have a case, I then traded a 1961 Les Paul Jr. For a case for the 175, because i couldn't afford a case.
I still own and love this guitar, but of course, if I had left it alone, both that and the Les Paul, would be better than investing in the stock market. I don't care, because I'm in love with the guitar. My 1968 SG Standard, which I still own, was an ugly cherry red, for my tastes, so, I stripped the paint, to its natural mahogany color. Another "investment" shot to hell! A '65 Strat that had two screw holes for my Avatar pickup (not my idea, I could have killed the tech that did it). Or, my 1965 Gibson double neck 6  - 12, tobacco sunburst, which was in mint condition, until I started using stainless steel picks...the scratches, oh the scratches!!! Because I regret selling, and trading off some of old guitars, I have started accumulating guitars. But just as you said, they are more like an old coin collection. I think having just a few solidbodies, a jazz f hole, and an acoustic ( all 13 pin, of course) is still an embarrassment of riches.
Somehow I can't make myself "thin out the herd" - crazy...

datsunrobbie

Quote from: mapperboy on February 06, 2013, 10:44:52 PM
And some people just got to have a LP Gold Top in secure storage, one with some kind of super rare binding or electrics (you know, only 5 in the whole world type of thing) and it ends up just like that rare coin collection.  Once in a while when a good friend is over, open the original case, lift the crimson veil, take it out o so carefully, don't scratch or put rash on it, appreciate it for a few minutes and back in the case it goes. It's an 'investment'.

Good instruments exist on this earth to be played and heard not hidden!

-Cheers to everyone (even collectors).   

Nigel Tufnel: Look... still has the old tag on, never even played it.
Marty DiBergi: [points his finger] You've never played...?
Nigel Tufnel: Don't touch it!
Marty DiBergi: We'll I wasn't going to touch it, I was just pointing at it.
Nigel Tufnel: Well... don't point! It can't be played.
Marty DiBergi: Don't point, okay. Can I look at it?
Nigel Tufnel: No. no. That's it, you've seen enough of that one.

neophytte

Quote from: datsunrobbie on February 07, 2013, 06:37:08 AM
Nigel Tufnel: Look... still has the old tag on, never even played it.
Marty DiBergi: [points his finger] You've never played...?
Nigel Tufnel: Don't touch it!
Marty DiBergi: We'll I wasn't going to touch it, I was just pointing at it.
Nigel Tufnel: Well... don't point! It can't be played.
Marty DiBergi: Don't point, okay. Can I look at it?
Nigel Tufnel: No. no. That's it, you've seen enough of that one.

I applaud this! :)

Cheers

Richard

merman93

This is a new one to me. I have both the Ibanez factory 13 pin guitars, ( made at Fugijen where the original Roland 24 pin guitars were made, as well as Fender Japan), but didnt know about the Greco, which is made on the same line at Fugijen as the Ibanez guitars,( well,.. I did know about the Greco 24 pin guitars that were identical to the Roland G series, but the 13 pin models were a surprise).

Greco were for the domestic Japanese market, while the Ibanez were for export. The controls have the exact same layout as both of my Ibanez factory RG's, (one with piezo's, and one with a mag hex), one of the 2 mini toggle switches is a 3 way for guitar, both, synth, and the other a rebounding for S1/S2 triggering. The hexmag is reversed on the Greco, while it is in the standard layout on the RG.

I recently acquired two Greco "Wild Pecker" models, wp-380, and wp-450, (also called "Spirit of the Life") and another Greco owner in Russia sent me a link to some older catalogs, where I found this page on the Wild Pecker WP-800GR. Apparently Greco guitars are very popular in Russia, as that is where I am finding most of the information, and leads on a few more guitars.

Awesome.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

aliensporebomb

Fascinating.  I knew the 24 and 13 pin scenes were more evolved in the far east but that's pretty slick - I'd like to see some photos of the guitars if you can take some.

neophytte

Greco also made the early Roland 24 pin guitars, such as the G-808 ...

Cheers

Richard

mbenigni

QuoteI recently acquired two Greco "Wild Pecker" models

The name alone puts the guitar on my must-have list.   ;D

merman93

Quote from: mbenigni on July 15, 2013, 08:11:47 AM
The name alone puts the guitar on my must-have list.   ;D

Just to verify that really is the model name,....

Ill post pics of my Wp-380 as soon as it comes back from a Plex session.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9