VG-99 - Pat Metheny - patch

Started by Brent Flash, July 13, 2008, 12:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

New version of Pat Metheny patch from the "Pat's rig" patch. The basic patch was created by Wayne Jones. GK knob controls Synth Freq cutoff and GK Buttons control guitar pickup selection. EXP 1 is mix between synth and guitar.

Patch Below

feloniouspunk

Lots of Gear. :)

Brent Flash

Quote from: feloniouspunk on July 14, 2008, 08:06:37 AM
Whats different?
If you are asking if this is the version on the Yahoo site, it is. No changes from the one there. I just wanted to put it here too.

If you are asking what is different from the original, you know I don't remember exactly. I think it may be controllers added/fixed, and/or levels. I did this a while back it has been on the Yahoo site for a while when Martin asked me to touch it up.  ???

I think the old version is on the Yahoo site too.

ulijonas

Here a patch built from scratch for direct guitar sound and GR300 (a bit reminiscent of "Barcarole" on "Offramp" used with a Heritage H-575 w/ GK-2)

VG-99 patch:  GR300MethenyDelay110205.mid

Should provide a sound for the direct guitar signal and the GR300 module in the style of Pat Metheny.

Delay setting in COSM guitar channel A - DUAL-L/R with delay 1 = 14ms and delay 2 = 26ms -> direct guitar PU feed and COSM GR300 through chain delay + reverb  and through master delay/reverb.

Controller assignments:

GK2 synth vol. button:  controls the volume of the GR300 sound
GK2 DOWN/S1 and UP/S2:  selects the GR300 MODE (VCO / VCO+DISTORTION / DISTORTION)
GK2 INPUT SWITCH (GUITAR / MIX / SYNTH):  selects the respective input source (direct guitar and GR300 module)

VG-99 - F1:  VCO - CUTOFF FREQUENCY
VG-99 - F2:  VCO - RESONANCE
VG-99 - F3:  VCO - ATTACK TIME
VG-99 - F4:  VCO - SENS
VG-99 - F5:  SWEEP - RISE TIME
VG-99 - F6:  SWEEP - FALL TIME
VG-99 - CONTROL 1: shifts one octave up (and back)
VG-99 - CONTROL 1: DUET (on / off)

Hope it is useful.

Ciao,  Uli

ulijonas

PS: try to adjust F1 (CUTOFF) and F2 (RESO) first -> lower values = softer sound

ulijonas

example for pure GR300 synth sound:  press GK-2 UP/S2 (MODE)->VCO, set F1 (CUTOFF)->63, set F2 (RESO)->18

Brent Flash

Quote from: ulijonas on February 06, 2011, 01:55:42 AM
example for pure GR300 synth sound:  press GK-2 UP/S2 (MODE)->VCO, set F1 (CUTOFF)->63, set F2 (RESO)->18
I will give this a try later. Did you post this under a new topic? If you didn't you may want to, so it does not get overlooked buried in this thread.

ulijonas

maybe you can have a look and if the patch seems to work for you I can post it under a new topic (seems like some people did find it, though)

ulijonas

modified patch from GR300MethenyDelay110205.mid with more delay / reverb

[Find patchhere
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=939.0;attach=2853

Smash

Brent Flash

Quote from: Smash on January 18, 2014, 12:39:53 PM
File won't load?  ???
I have not tried it yet but are you sure you are "IMPORTING an SMF" from the menu?

ulijonas

the last GR300MethenyDelay140118.mid is a "VG-99 Librarian" file -> go to librarian program and "open" the file, then "write" it to the vg99 Files can only be for the Editor and in SMF format in the file sharing area.

here are two other versions of the file for the "VG-99 Editor" program:

GR300MethenyDelay140118.g9e -> "open" in editor program Files can only be for the Editor and in SMF format in the file sharing area.
GR300MethenyDelay140118a.mid -> "Import SMF..." in editor program

Brent Flash

From the start of this forum the owner decided that we would only have SMF .mid files for the VG-99 EDITOR in our patch area. So I will be deleting the librarian and .g9e files above.

ulijonas

sorry, slipped my attention
(but makes sense, though  - would clutter up the server with redundant data - and why do librarian-.mid files not SMF-import into the editor / as SMF-export gives the same file ending - this is very awkward of Roland, but that topic was probably already discussed before)

Smash

Thanks - got the smf loaded now. Nice stuff!

alexlit

Guys, how do you make an octaver go one up? Everytime I turn on one in either of the mods in the chain, the octave always goes down. And I cannot figure out how to change that. Presets above are great, but what they lack is an octave up to make it fully what I am looking for in the sound. Could someone help, please?

ulijonas

did you try the following button:

VG-99 - CONTROL 1: shifts one octave up (and back) [see descritpion from post February 05, 2011, 05:36:15 PM]

(that is the the 2nd leftmost button on the lower row of buttons on the front of the VG 99 with a "1" on top and "CONTROL" below)

that does work for me.

hope that helps, many greetings, uli

ulijonas

sorry "rightmost" (!) in
"(that is the the 2nd leftmost button on the lower row of buttons on the front of the VG 99 with a "1" on top and "CONTROL" below)"

(... the other "left"...)

abhijitnath

Sorry for the threadcrap- is it possible to port this for the GP-10, and if so, would someone be kind enough to do so? Would be a huge favour!

ainsoph

Quote from: abhijitnath on July 23, 2015, 09:53:51 PM
Sorry for the threadcrap- is it possible to port this for the GP-10, and if so, would someone be kind enough to do so? Would be a huge favour!

I made similar Pat Metheny sound for GP some time ago , did you try ? :
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13612.msg99948#msg99948

alexlit

Quote from: ulijonas on July 23, 2015, 09:15:51 AM
sorry "rightmost" (!) in
"(that is the the 2nd leftmost button on the lower row of buttons on the front of the VG 99 with a "1" on top and "CONTROL" below)"

(... the other "left"...)

weil... it does nothing at all... any chance on how you got the octaver to work at all? you don't use one in the fx chain...

Elantric

On patch "  GR300MethenyDelay140118.mid"

VG-99 Control Button 1 is assigned to Octave
see below

Sir_Danylo

Quote from: Elantric on August 05, 2015, 09:21:23 AM
On patch "  GR300MethenyDelay140118.mid"

VG-99 Control Button 1 is assigned to Octave
see below

very weird. I pressed this exact button yes... but it didn't do anything... will try again I guess. But will it just raise the octave higher, or add an octave higher, because what I am looking for is normal octave and an octave higher playing together simultaneously...

Elantric

Why not learn to edit any VG-99 patch to your preference

aliensporebomb

So you basically want a patch that's two GR300s - one is playing the tonic of whatever it is you are playing and the other an octave up?
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.