VG-99 - Malmsteen

Started by Kostas Greece, April 07, 2008, 04:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kostas Greece

This is Malmsteen's patch. Mabye it has a little bit compression than the real one.
Fender American Lone Star Strat (HSS+floyd rose), Roland VG-99, FC-300, Roland GR-20

Kostas Greece

This is an improoved version
Fender American Lone Star Strat (HSS+floyd rose), Roland VG-99, FC-300, Roland GR-20

Kostas Greece

This sounds like this

Kostas Greece

I used this patch here

lespauled

Dude, that was awesome. The tone is pretty much dead on.  I'm jealous.  I have the GR-55.  Excellent playing also.

Smash

Very nice (great playing too) - gonna give this a whirl and pretend I have semi circular scalloped frets!

rolandvg99

Nice patch. Not far from what I had dialed up myself some years ago. I had less gain, didn't include the "Etude" echo and used an OD instead of the Comp. Oh, and no Noise Gates.

PS. Very well played. :)
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Lin82

Hi there! I can't open the patch, can you help me? or change to *.g5l
More than meets the eyes!

mooncaine

Lin82, you can download the vg99 editor, import this .mid patch, and look at the settings for everything.

Open up the GR55 editor at the same time, and change whatever settings (that are available) to match. That'll get you close, for many sounds. Since no one makes a convert-it-to-GR-55-from-VG-99 program, that's your best bet.

Antonuzzo

What's the name of the piece that's played as an introduction before the main Albinoni theme? That's bugged me for ages.

Lin82

Thank you so much!!! I'll clone the patch... Both editors are similar...
More than meets the eyes!