Alex’s five-step tutorial on Boss Loop Station Pedal

Started by Elantric, June 05, 2013, 10:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Alex Hutchings recently hooked up with Guitarist Magazine, showing how he uses a Boss Loop Station Pedal to get super-creative

Guitar virtuoso Alex Hutchings has been a long-time advocate of Boss Loop Station Pedals even helping to develop some of the newest looping pedals from Boss. This makes him a bit of an authority on the subject of looping, and when he got together with Guitarist Magazine to record a feature on creative looping, we knew it was going to be something special.

So whether you're looking to get more from your current Loop Station or you're just interested in seeing what a Boss Loop Station pedal can do, then this video is for you. Watch the lesson below for Alex's five-step tutorial on how you can unlock your looping potential.

mbenigni

His explanation of track 1/ track 2 switching as a verse chorus implementation is a little lost on me.  Too bad he didn't play something a bit more obvious and call out the track changes as he was making them.

I actually own an RC-30, but I've never found the time to sit down and work out how the track select features work.  Funny thing about these more sophisticated Boss loopers - there's so much going on on the pedals themselves that they become very difficult to use when you put them on the floor!  Actually I guess that goes for all kinds of products, but it's really glaring with a looper, where you've just got to have that primary Record/Play/Dub pedal at your feet.

I love the economy of that little shred lick he pulls at 6:31, though!