Started by Litesnsirens, December 27, 2016, 09:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

Smash

Challenge: Anyone going to NAMM try and get D M T into conversation lol!  ;D

jwhitcomb3

Korg announces new products for 2017:

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/0112/

Couldn't be more excited about Gadget for Mac. In the past two years, Gadget on the iPad has been my composition tool of choice. It will be nice to have my choice of platforms, and to be able to easily access those juicy gadgets from my DAW!

Elantric

Finally a hardware implementation of Korg / Noritake NuTube announced 2 years ago

http://korgnutube.com/pdf/Nutube_DatasheetV1E.pdf

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13674.msg100311#msg100311

Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes
korg-nutube

At the 2015 NAMM Show, Korg and Noritake introduced the Nutube, a new miniaturized and high performance vacuum tube.

In cooperation with Noritake Itron Corporation, Korg has developed the Nutube to offer improved reliability and efficiency, while still generating the same rich harmonics which vacuum tubes are known for.

korg-vacuum-tube-chip

As with previous vacuum tubes, the Nutube is structured with an anode, grid, and filament, and operates as a complete triode tube, generating the same rich harmonics that are distinctive of conventional vacuum tubes.

By applying technology from Noritake Co., Limited's vacuum fluorescent displays, though, the structure of the vacuum tube has been modified, dramatically reducing its size and allowing it to consume less power.

Korg outlines these benefits to the new 'tube on a chip' technology:

Power Consumption. Miniaturization dramatically reduces power consumption, allowing the Nutube to operate using less than 2% of power required by conventional vacuum tubes and making it easy to power the unit on batteries.
Compact. The Nutube occupies less than 30% of the volume of a conventional vacuum tube. Its small size and low thermal output allows it to be easily mounted directly on a high-density circuit board without using a socket
High reliability and long life. The unique design and state of the art Japanese production facility ensures the Nutubes are built to the highest standard and offer up to 30,000 hours of continuous operating life. The high reliability means that it can be attached directly to the circuit board with confidence knowing that it will not need to be replaced regularly like a 12AX7.
"As an electronic component, a vacuum tube has the disadvantages of being larger than a transistor, having a shorter lifespan, and a higher power consumption, and although many people like the sound of a vacuum tube, historically they have been more difficult to deal with," states Korg's Fumio Mieda, who has helped develop Korg synth going back all the way to the MS-20. "The Nutube sets us free from these many limitations, making it possible for us to think about using it in new products," added Mieda.

The Nutube 6P1 is designed specifically to generate rich harmonics when used with a musical instrument.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2017-vox-launches-3-revolutionary-nutube-mv50-guitar-amps-646784

Vox MV50
http://voxamps.com/MV50
FWIW - Korg owns Vox and BlackStar)

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-vox-mv50-hybrid-guitar-amp-nutube-with-class-d-power-amp.1783828/

Elantric

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2017-squier-unveils-5-affordable-offset-electric-guitars-646606

NAMM 2017: Following the launch of Fender's new Offset line in October, we did wonder whether any even more affordable models would be in the offing - cue Squier's own line of Offsets, with prices ranging from £120 to £345.

The range comprises four takes on the Jazzmaster - including a pair of hardtails, a baritone and a more traditional model - as well as a ludicrously attainable Mustang.

All the guitars are available now and we'll have reviews very soon, but until then, join us in a closer look...

Elantric

jwhitcomb3

Quote from: Elantric on January 12, 2017, 09:34:25 AM
Finally a hardware implementation of Korg / Noritake NuTube announced 2 years ago

http://korgnutube.com/pdf/Nutube_DatasheetV1E.pdf

Seems very cool! Is it just me, or does it seem that the next step would be to have a multi-channel amp, where each channel has a different implementation of a NuTube front end, which is then switchably forwarded to the class D power amp?

mchad

Quote from: Elantric on January 12, 2017, 11:24:11 AM
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2017-squier-unveils-5-affordable-offset-electric-guitars-646606

NAMM 2017: Following the launch of Fender's new Offset line in October, we did wonder whether any even more affordable models would be in the offing - cue Squier's own line of Offsets, with prices ranging from £120 to £345.

The range comprises four takes on the Jazzmaster - including a pair of hardtails, a baritone and a more traditional model - as well as a ludicrously attainable Mustang.

All the guitars are available now and we'll have reviews very soon, but until then, join us in a closer look...

Need........Lefties.

whippinpost91850

Elantric

Visit Antares at NAMM 2017 – January 19-22, 2017
Anaheim Convention Center
SOFTWARE.NAMM Booth #201C8

Elantric

2017 NAMM Show Preview
January 19-22, 2017
Anaheim Convention Center, Hall A, booth 6555 (QSC)
Something's always happening at the NAMM Show and this year is no exception. Whether you're joining us in-person or just tuning in to see what's new, here's an overview of what we're showing and sharing this week. Enjoy!

NEW - K Cardioid Subwoofer
"Keeps Bass in its Place"
As we approach nearly one million K Family loudspeakers sold since their introduction in 2009, we are pleased to announce the newest member of the family, the K Cardioid Subwoofer. Deploying innovative design, legendary QSC amplification and advanced DSP in a single, compact enclosure, the K Cardioid Subwoofer represents the world's first-in-class single-box powered cardioid subwoofer solution for highly portable entertainment and installation applications. Read Press Release

Learn more:
K Cardioid Product Page
K Series

NEW – E215 and E218SW Expand E Series Lineup
Even more E Series to love! Introducing two new models of our highly popular E Series loudspeaker line. The E218SW dual 18-inch subwoofer and E215 dual 15-inch full-range cabinet now bring the model count of the Series to six and add to the E Series Entertainment System solution. Read Press Release

Learn more:
E218SW dual 18" Subwoofer
E215 dual 15" Two Way Loudspeaker
E Series Passive Loudspeakers

NEW - TouchMix-30 Pro Firmware Version 1.1
A fantastic product just got even better! Announcing firmware Version 1.1 for the TouchMix-30 Pro Compact Digital Mixer, the powerful, 32-channel mixer with advanced professional features which is the latest in the acclaimed series of TouchMix digital mixers. Version 1.1 firmware adds a variety of significant product enhancements, including Direct Download for Upgrades, Parametric EQ improvements, Channel Safe functions, and a number of other enhancements. Read Press Release

Learn more:
TouchMix-30 Pro 32 Channel Digital Mixer
TouchMix-30 Pro Firmware Update

Dave Weckl Discusses Mixing Drums Live
Renowned drummer and QSC artist Dave Weckl will be joining us in the booth at 1:30 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for an informative discussion about mixing drums live from the stage. Weckl, who is part of the QSC K for Musicians family, got his first big career break with Simon and Garfunkel on the duo's 1983 tour and since then has toured with a wide range of artists over the years, including a nine-year working relationship with Chick Corea in his Elektric and Akoustic bands. As a session drummer, Weckl has played with Madonna, George Benson, Barry Manilow and a host of other jazz, rock, pop and R&B artists.

In addition, throughout the show, over a dozen TouchMix users will be sharing their experiences for a wide variety of applications including, Rental and Production, House of Worship, DIY gigging bands, multi-channel recording, wireless control and musicians and more. View complete TouchMix Theater schedule at NAMM 2017 (QSC booth 6555)

Elantric

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2017-supro-revives-guitar-line-with-14-new-electrics-646863

NAMM 2017: The return of Supro guitars has been teased for some time, but this year's NAMM show makes it a reality, with a whopping 14 new models confirmed.

The guitars are divided into two series: Island and Americana, promising to fuse contemporary playability and performance with retro looks and classic tones.

Island Series models comprise three pickup configurations: the single-pickup Jamesport, twin-pickup Westbury and triple-pickup Hampton.

The models feature solid alder bodies with set maple necks, and Gold Foil pickups based on '50s designs, which offer a wide frequency response for use with drive pedals and vintage-voiced amps.

Americana Series models, meanwhile, utilise Supro's vintage body design with Acousti-Glass top paired with a semi-hollow mahogany back, plus a two-bolt neck joint for the mahogany neck.

Models include the single-pickup Sahara, Dual-Tone and Belmont; twin-pickup Holiday, Coronado II and Martinique; plus the Coronado II, Martinique Deluxe and Belmont Vibrato, which all feature period-correct fulcrum vibrato tailpieces.

All Americana Series guitars pack vintage-correct Vistatone pickups to replicate the tones of original Supro, National and Airline guitars, while the '50s wiring emulates Ralph Keller's Valco designs.

Finally, there's the Jet Airliner Lapsteel, which utilises a vintage Supro body design with string-through-body hardtail bridge, as well as vintage Gold Foil pickups with '50s wiring and volume and tone controls.

All of the guitars are a result of collaboration between Supro's Dave Koltai, famed designer Trev Wilkinson, vintage pickup expert Ken Calvet and luthier Glenn Sweetwood.

Head through our gallery above for a closer look at each of the guitars, as well as pricing and spec.

Supro Island and Americana Series guitars will be available across Europe in January and February respectively. Head over to Supro USA and JHS for more info.

Elantric

It's that time of the year again and we're leaving cold Athens behind for some warm Californian weather !

NAMM 2017 Hall E booth #1797

Come on down to check out new pedals, fresh upgrades, cool guitars and our coolest booth to date ! Can't wait to see you there !

Elantric

Elantric

https://www.gearnews.com/guild-s-200-t-bird-range-new-models-just-time-namm-2017/

Guild has announced its new range of T-Bird guitars, with a slew of new colours, stop-tails and new pickup configurations for 2017 just ahead of the 2017 NAMM Show.
P90 or Humbuckers?

It's an age-old question, but now Guild have decided you can have either. The maker has decided finally to release the T-Bird T-Bird ST and T-Bird ST P90 formats, which means you can choose your favourite pickup combination and go have some fun. I love P90s, so I would probably opt for the T-Bird ST P90 model if I had to choose, but you know I could make room for one of each if push came to shove.
But seriously, these new models look really tasty and I think if you like guitars that stand out a little from the usual Strat, Tele, Les Paul crowd, you should really be checking out these new Guild models.  Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with any of these models if you want something different from your guitar.
Guild S-200 T-Bird ST P90
An overview of the control layout on the Guild S-200 T-Bird,
Specifications

The Guild Franz P90 pickups on the Pelham Blue model would probably be my first choice. I love Pelham Blue (I have an SG in that colour). Or you could opt for either the  Vintage White or Cherry guitars, which are loaded with the Guild LB-1 Little Bucker mini-humbuckers.
The guitars are all vintage C-shaped set mahogany necks with a bound rosewood fingerboard and of course a lightweight mahogany body. On top of all that, this year's models are all stop-tails instead of trem models, so if you prefer a hard tail, you're in luck.
Have a listen to the demo below to hear what they sound like, I think they are very vintage-voiced. I'm looking forward to these guitars landing in 2017, as last year's release was really cool and I love that the T-Bird has taken off once more for 2017.
RRP – T-Bird ST and T-Bird ST P90 both list at USD $1100 each, according to the Guild site
Full specifications on the Guild S-200 T-Bird's can be found on the Guild site here

Elantric

https://www.gearnews.com/gibson-2017-s-series-super-cheap-budget-guitars/

https://soundreview.org/instruments/namm-2017-gibson-s-series/
NAMM 2017: GET A US-MADE GIBSON S SERIES GUITAR FOR $399
Gibson 2017 S Series – USA-made guitars at bargain prices
Cheap, cheerful and built in America!

Today, 12:17 am by Jef
Source: http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Gibson-2017-New-Model-Preview.aspx
1/1 | Gibson S-Series new for 2017
We at Gearnews wrote about the new Gibson 2017 range in September of last year, as a few US retailers leaked the whole lot online months in advance. However, it appears they are also launching a new budget 'Built in America' line-up called the S Range as well. And this will be offered at a very interesting price point...
The Gibson S Series is a whole new range of guitars all made in the US, but at a considerably lower price point than ever before. They average $399-$899 each, which is practically half of the cost of any previously released guitars by the company. The series includes the following models: Les Paul, M2, SG and a Firebird Zero.
Cutting costs

But how are they managing to offer these new guitars at such low prices?
Let's take a look at the finishes: The SG Fusion is available in two colours, while the Firebird (with a non-reversed body) will be released in 11 colours, the M2 in six bright shades, the Les Paul Custom Studio in seven oil finishes and the Les Paul Custom Special in eight. The S-Series guitars are all offered with nitro finishes. The alternative would be to use cheaper polyester finishing, which is easier to apply so faster to turn around. So not much saving going on there.
GIbson might have ordered them produced abroad (in Mexico or the Far East) to save on labour costs. However, Gibson say the S Range will be produced in the US, to they have decided not to go down that route.
Woods and Specifications

In terms of woods, however, the Firebird and the M2 are using poplar for the main body and one of the Les Pauls comes with an ash body, so possibly this is one area where Gibson can keep the costs down. Wraparound bridges and simple control layouts for the guitars will help cut costs. And let's be honest: some of Gibson's most revered 1950s tone monster guitars were made just like that. A late '50s Gibson LP Junior, for example, is one of the most versatile guitars ever made and is as simple as can be. So there is no reason to dismiss a simple instrument with basic hardware out of hand.
That might not be enough to explain these very low prices, though. Somewhere in the manufacturing process, I suspect, Gibson is managing to cut a lot of costs. I look forward to hearing what they have to say about the new S Series and also trying some out when they appear in guitar stores later this year.
A Path to success?

The colours are all quite bright and contemporary, so I think if Gibson gets this right, then they will be very popular with many players. This release is definitely one to watch out for at NAMM this year and I am really looking forward to seeing some video reviews and hearing some audio demos of the range over the next few weeks.
I'm all for a cheaper guitar and it is I believe a big deal for such a respected American guitar builder to do this, as it says a lot about the current guitar markets worldwide. There's evidently more pressure these days in the market for a lower priced offering.
I heard rumours last year that Gibson may well have some exclusive guitars only sold via Amazon but at a lower price point, that and there might possibly be some collaboration sometime in 2017, with exclusive models available only through the online retailer. We will have to see if any information is released in the future, perhaps at NAMM later this week, that might confirm the truth or otherwise of these rumours.
Check out full details on the new Gibson S-Series range

Elantric

https://www.gearnews.com/ibanez-launch-55-guitars-truly-innovating/

Ibanez to show 55 (!) new guitars at NAMM 2017
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterGoogle+
03-01-2017 by Jef
Source:
1/2 | Ibanez 2017 RG379AHM
Source:
1/2 | Ibanez 2017 RG1070PBZ
Ibanez 2017 RG379ahm

PreviousNext
Ibanez has been exceedingly busy of late; the Japanese maker has revealed a total of 55 guitars for the Winter NAMM 2017 Show. The new models include the usual RG- and Sabre-style Super Strats, as well as some new acoustics and a series of hybrid bass guitars. We sift through the 55 (!) models announced for the show and present you with a few highlights.
NAMM 2017

Winter NAMM is a huge deal for the Japanese guitar company and they are leading with 55 new models across their ranges (yes, 55 new models!), most of which are revisions of previous models. It is noticeable that as yet there are no signature model instruments in this list, which makes me think that this is only the beginning of the launch.
One of the company's strengths for many years has been maintaining a solid build quality across their ranges, from premium models through to their budget ranges. You generally feel with Ibanez that they try and use the best hardware possible at all price points. However, once you reach the top tier then they really start using premium hardware and electronics.
I'm not going to regurgitate a huge list of instruments, as you can see them all listed on many Ibanez guitar dealers web pages already and as exciting as specifications are, I'm not going to re-hash a list of already published data.
My major gripe with Ibanez guitars has always been their ridiculous naming system, which is essentially a lot of abbreviations in a code-like format. I love Ibanez guitars, but I have always hated this ridiculously cryptic naming system! Unfortunately, they still choose to stick to this archaic system and so we we will have to put up with it for the foreseeable future...
Below I have picked out a few instruments I feel are more interesting, where they seem to be pushing forwards, listening to the players and genuinely innovating.
BareKnuckle

One very noticeable feature this year is the inclusion of UK hand-made BareKnuckle pickups being used on their premium 'metal' guitars. This includes Alnico magnet versions of the Nailbomb humbucker pickups on the new Ibanez Prestige Uppercut ARZ6UCS-BKF and the Uppercut FR6UCS-BKF.
The BK part of the name probably refers to the use of Bare Knuckle pickups. This is quite a departure as Ibanez have a long history with DiMarzio pickups. Using BareKnuckle pickups on their premium models is a pretty big deal. The fact that BareKnuckle are now such a huge part of modern metal sounds has, apparently, not gone unnoticed by this Japanese giant.
Frets and fretless?

Part of the new range also includes the new Ibanez 2nd-generation 'Ashula' SRAS7-DEB fretted/fretless hybrid bass. This ridiculous mouthful of a name (let's call it the Ashula) is a combination of both a fretted and fretless 7-string bass, with the lower 3 strings on the fretless portion of the fingerboard. The Ashula comes in at around £1099 and is now their 'budget' or 'standard' version of the limited edition Ashula, which was launched in 2010.
This is where you have to love Ibanez! In my opinion, they design some great instruments – but then find a way to make them more mainstream and get them into players' hands. Okay, this one is not really for me, yet I can see a lot of Ibanez-inclined bass players really wanting to get their groove on with one of these bad boys!
Acoustic Shred?

The new Ibanez AEWC32FM-GBL acoustic guitar is a budget guitar at £369. First off, I have to be honest here: I think it is as ugly as sin!
However, it has one redeeming feature. It is a super slim design, aimed at electric players that want to 'shred' on acoustic guitar. I would actually like to see one of these in the flesh, as the idea has been attempted by many manufacturers and in my view none of them has really succeeded in the past.
Ibanez are known for making really fast-playing guitars and also have a solid reputation with acoustic instruments. I think they could actually pull this one off. The guitar sports the Fishman Sonicore pickup and the Ibanez AEQ210TF preamp, so can be used live easily enough, as well.
Did I mention that I think it is as ugly as hell?
Ibanez Guitars main site here

Ibanez NAMM 2017
Ibanez presents 55 new guitars (and basses) at Winter NAMM 2017!

No 'official' demo videos as yet, unfortunately. However the talented Mr Paul Glover has uploaded these to his YouTube channel and they feature the new 2017 Ibanez RG1070PBZ model, which looks pretty swanky, the RGDIX6PB, S6570SK and the RG379AHM.
Paul is an awesome '80s shred inspired player and he has done a shed load of demos for the new Ibanez 2017 range, so head over to his page from the link above and check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheZombie1976/videos

Rhcole

I'm seeing lots of great stuff but mostly riffs on traditional products.
Not seeing anything amazing for guitar synth, modeling etc.
Even Fishman is playing it pretty close to the vest with their new guitar synth samples.
And EHX thus far has announced the Blurst, a product that could have come out 20 years ago.

I'm thinking we may have been spoiled by constant new 13 pin etc. products. Perhaps this is a lull.

Elantric

https://www.gearnews.com/shoulder-pain-playing-guitar-maybe-gigstrap-can-help/

Shoulder pain from playing guitar? Maybe GigStrap can help!
Les Paul making your shoulder ache? D&A say they have an answer...

10-01-2017 by Jef
Source: http://www.heydna.com/blogs/news/d-a-debuting-yet-another-ground-breaking-product-the-gig-strap-pressure-point-pad
1/2 | GigStrap Pressure Point Pad. With nobbles!
Source: http://www.heydna.com/blogs/news/d-a-debuting-yet-another-ground-breaking-product-the-gig-strap-pressure-point-pad
1/2 | GigStrap Pressure Point Pad

The GigStrap Pressure Point Pad is a guitar strap designed to help alleviate pain in the shoulder from wielding a guitar on stage for hours on end. If you own a '70s Norlin Gibson, then you may know how heavy those guitars can be. Can these new straps help?
Strap on

I believe the idea is that the 'nobbles' (for want of a more technical phrase) should distribute the weight evenly across your aching shoulder and perhaps also give them a bit of a massage at the same time? Not sure if it actually works, but I do know that lots of my ageing guitarist mates do indeed suffer from 'Rocker's Shoulder' and this could be a solution – if it actually works.

GigStrap Pressure Point Pad
GigStrap Pressure Point Pad. With nobbles!

Under pressure

I suppose it might hit some pressure points and thereby ease some pain. But if your shoulder is that bad, seriously, go and see your GP and get referred to a specialist. Or perhaps play a lighter weight guitar. Or, dare I say it: get down the gym and man up!
The company will be showing off the new GigStrap at NAMM and so if you are there, please go check it and let us know what you think of it in the comments below. If it works then I know a lot of players that would love to get one. Here's hoping they will get UK distribution...
You can read all the details about the GigStrap on the official company site.

Elantric

https://www.gearnews.com/tiptop-audio-mantis-hyper-modern-eurorack-case-now-shipping/

TipTop Audio Mantis hyper-modern Eurorack case now shipping
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterGoogle+ 21-09-2016 by Robin
Source: http://tiptopaudio.com/new/
1/4 | TipTop Audio Mantis

TipTop audio caused a little stir in the modular community with a cool 360 degree modular synth video released back in July (see below). The video featured the new Mantis case into which the modular systems were built. To be honest I didn't really notice the cases. Anyhow, the Mantis cases are now available and ready to bring your modular dreams into reality.
The case for Mantis

Deciding upon a case is one of the first barriers to modular synthesis. How big, how wide, how heavy, what sort of connections and power supply does it need? Just some of the questions that tend to deter casual interest. Of course if you want to stay true to the modular ethos then you really should be fashioning your own case. Or at least repurposing some bits of Ikea furniture into a Eurorack control station. Buying a case off the shelf can be expensive and require quite a bit of knowledge to successfully install your modules. Perhaps it should be difficult – there's something in modular that delights in it inaccessibility. However, perhaps a new generation of cases, like the Mantis, can offer a slightly less daunting solution and so open the modular world up to a wider range of users.

Mantis features

The moulded nature of the case gives it an interesting look. Deliberately future looking as opposed to the retro feel of many wood based cases. This lets them build in some cool features such as the leg and kick-stand mechanism giving it three positions of flat, 45 degrees and fully upright. It only weighs in at 3.5Kg making it very portable. The power supply is by Zeus and they claim has plenty of power for whatever you want to drop in. All the power connectors are keyed so you'll never fry a module by plugging it in the wrong way. The rails are pre-drilled and threaded so there's no messing around with sliding nuts or spacing. There are two rows of 104hp to fill and 24 power slots – which is plenty. It comes in four colours (the legs, not the body) fully built for $335 and ready to receive your modules.
It looks great and you get a lot for the price when compared to other enclosures. I would like to see more of this sort of thing – anything that makes modular more accessible is a good thing in my book. My only reservation is a lack of a cover. As it is quite light and so therefore quite portable it would be good to have something to prevent all those knobs getting knocked.
More information available on the TipTop Audio website.

NEWS   SYNTH   TIPTOP AUDIO  ANALOG   ANALOGUE   CASE   DESKTOP   EURORACK   H/P   MODULAR   MODULE PORTABLE   POWER SUPPLY   VIDEO

Elantric

https://www.gearnews.com/synthor-system-8-digital-modular-system-announced-percussa/

Percussa are the makers of the strange AudioCubes system. You put these cubes next to each other and they wirelessly link up and synthesise and modulate each other. At Knobcon back in October they demonstrated the Percussa REMOTE and the Synthor software for controlling and sequencing the AudioCubes. Now with the Synthor System 8 they are going one step further and completing the system with the Percussa ENGINE – a digital hardware synthesis module.
Synthor System 8

They've been teasing an image of the module around the internet for a few days, and I guess they couldn't contain themselves any longer. Percussa have finally released details of the Synthor System 8 via Facebook. It's still a bit of a tease though because the images look like renders to me and there's no videos or demonstrations to be had. If you want to see it and hear it, you'll have to go along to booth #4823 at NAMM from Thursday.
So how does it all fit together? What you are seeing in the images is the REMOTE controller on the desktop with the ENGINE hardware mounted behind via the side panels. The ENGINE replaces the need for the computer and is a self-contained digital synthesizer. The AudioCubes act as synthesis modules and modulators and you can patch them together wirelessly purely through placement and orientation. The REMOTE is a wireless base station for the AudioCubes and controller for the software. The Synthor software is now running on the hardware and can be upgraded and expanded via SD memory cards.
The Percussa ENGINE is a quad core cortex A17 chip turning at 1.8GHz running Linux Kernel v4. It features 64-bit parallel DSP processing and sports a 1600×480 pixel wide format colour LVDS display. There's also MIDI In/Out/Thru, card slot and USB ports. The audio outputs in 6 channels up to 192kHz and has a stereo input for sampling.
The Synthor System 8 supports 8 AudioCubes but can support 16 when upgraded.

The AudioCubes technology has been road tested and proven as a workable performance technology for some years. The addition of the REMOTE and the ENGINE takes it directions that I'm not sure it has to go. But in moving away from the computer, it becomes somehow untethered and perhaps more intuitive.
I would love to see it in action, but it looks like we'll have to wait until the demo's start arriving from the NAMM show. Until then we just have these smart looking but rather dull and lifeless images. Which is a shame because the AudioCubes are always so visual, dynamic and alive!

https://www.facebook.com/percussacom/

mbenigni

Quote from: Elantric on January 17, 2017, 12:15:11 PM
https://www.gearnews.com/shoulder-pain-playing-guitar-maybe-gigstrap-can-help/

Shoulder pain from playing guitar? Maybe GigStrap can help!
Les Paul making your shoulder ache? D&A say they have an answer...

]

I glanced at this and thought I saw a bunch of rotary encoders on a guitar strap.  You can imagine my disappointment.  :)