with Bagpipes of GR-55

Started by Gaustu, May 02, 2017, 10:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaustu

This is a simple song with lyrics of Robert Graves translated to my language; composed in 1985 but recorded just now.
Are all guitar sounds by GR-55? No, not all. But those Bagpipes are. Good or bad - I really don't care. I like it in high notes. Of course, sampled sound of this tone could be more reach). Sound effects are from GR-55 and most of high hats and snares too.
Thank you a lot for watching.

Parker PDF85 modified: Sustainiac, SD TB-4, Piezo Hexpander 13 pin out.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.
NI Reactor matchHEX Guitar Framer Ensemble custom.

papabuss

Sounds very nice!
Could you post the patch please?
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Gaustu

Quote from: papabuss on May 03, 2017, 12:05:13 AM
Sounds very nice!
Could you post the patch please?

Thank you!
The patch of bagpipe? Ok, just some later, when will back home.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.

gumtown

Here is a bagpipes patch I made, originally for Bass Mode, but the PCM tone will be the same.
It uses 2 PCM bagpipe tones which the tuning is slightly offset to give that sound of sick screaming cats.
The CTL pedal is used for tone HOLD so you have a drone note.
The EXP pedal mixes the PCM tone in, and also bends the tone up slightly, to give the inflating bags pitch rise.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16974.msg121532#msg121532

Nice song and video, thanks for sharing
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

whippinpost91850

Gaustu

This version of course sounds very strange for you with this pronunciation. Well, imagine the man who sings is from some alien island LOL