Erlend Krauser...Cool

Started by davep2000, February 24, 2017, 09:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davep2000

Solo guitarist with the James Last Orchestra for the last 23 years
Not what I was expecting when I got lost in Youtube
But I'm glad I clicked the link  8)
In this vid Erlend covers Xtina Aguilera's The Voice Within  8)

whippinpost91850

This guy is great. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna look into his other stuff now.

lumena

Funny he just showed up on a youtube search for me yesterday.
He is a GREAT guitarist. I saw a few other things by him from Kemper, I guess youtube is giving Kemper a little push.
Good find, I was actually thinking of posting him here myself.

mooncaine

Dang, just another example of music I missed out on years ago. My dad used to be a record salesman. I am pretty sure he had a selection of James Last records on the shelves. One of the hundreds I never made time to check out (I was busy checking out others, though), now lost to time.

I LOVE to hear a cover of a song when it's done in a different style. It's also a treat to hear a song on guitar that originally featured a talented vocalist. I sometimes try to track singers' performances on my guitar, figuring it can't hurt, I might learn a thing or two about creating an entertaining solo. I did that with Aguilera's "Ain't No Other Man" and with Beyoncé's "Crazy In Love" and those things were fun to play and try to match.

That reminds me of a cool tip I read about from Carl Verhaeven [sp?]: practice your bends more, practice bending up and holding then adding some vibrato, practice holding a bend without vibrato, practice pre-bends and practice them all slowly till you are perfect at bending to the note you wanted, holding it, and vibratoing it. Also he said practice different speeds of vibrato and don't just use the same shake you always do (I'm very bad about that).

mooncaine

Dave, thanks loads for that clip, man. Really enjoyed it. It even has great camera work. Loving those closeups of the fingers on the guitar.

Wow, his guitar's in tune with all that whammying, even using a string tree. Me=jealous. Very nice tone. LOVE IT.

Snow Black

His technique and tone reminded me of Jeff Beck. Being able to make a guitar sing, like a vocalist would, is very powerful and moving. Great stuff!
Moog Guitar Paul Vo Collectors Edition, Fernandes with sustainer & GK3, Fender Strat with sustainer & GK3, Brian Moore i9-13, Variax transplant & Firehawk FX, Fretless guitar with ATG luthier kit, SY-1000, GP-10, SY-300, VG-99, FC-300, GR-55, VG-8ex, US-20, GX-2, Roland Street Cube EX, Tech 21 PE

Brak(E)man

OT but I had a band called Last James
like 25 years ago.

Nice player though
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

mooncaine

Quote from: spjnowak on February 25, 2017, 01:36:12 AM
His technique and tone reminded me of Jeff Beck. Being able to make a guitar sing, like a vocalist would, is very powerful and moving. Great stuff!
Agreed, very Beck-like in the sense that, like Beck, he approaches the electric guitar in this tune with the melodicism, expressiveness and dynamics that you expect from good jazz.

davep2000

I love the harmonics and the whammy pull up section
I'd probably program a pedal bend just in case of a string snap ;)
And I love the really long delay and reverb
Anyone up for a GP-10 GT-100 patch to cover this tune? Smash? Ainsoph?
8) 8) 8)

davep2000