FC300 - Control Change Mode with VG99 -only sending?!

Started by Weed_, September 02, 2014, 08:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weed_

I´ve set some great patches using the FC300 in SYS-EX MODE for switching the patches and CONTROL CHANGE MODE for turning on and off effects. It´s working great except: I can't get VG99 to light the switches in CC mode according to effects assigned to them, meaning:
if I turn on bunch of effects in one patch, when I switch to another, the same switches will be turned on in a new patch with NO effect turned on. In order to turn new effects on I will first have to turn them off and then on again + it gets very confusing when trying to figure out which effect is turned on where?

Please, say that there is a fix for this?

Brent Flash

Sorry, but no. The FC only knows the state (ON or OFF) of a target in SYSEX mode because there is two way communication between the VG and the FC. When you switch modes this no longer is the case, there is only one way communication (FC to VG) going on so the FC has no way to know what lights to light up.

Weed_

Even if I would connect additional midi cable out of vg-99 to fc300 ? :-\

Brent Flash

Quote from: Weed_ on September 02, 2014, 09:00:32 AM
Even if I would connect additional midi cable out of vg-99 to fc300 ? :-\
I wish it could be done! If you read my post above (https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1377.0) you will see I ran into the same problem and have never found a solution other than setting my patches so that I know how they are recalled. Then I could keep up with them. If you find a way please let us know!  ;D

Weed_

:-[ oh well!
Thanks for the help anyway!! That is the thing with Roland! It gets you 99% of everything which make you happy, but at the end that missing 1% gives you a headache!

Brent Flash

I agree with you 100%!  :)

I could still pull off some pretty amazing stuff with this setup. No other unit out there can do what the VG-99/FC-300 can do.