FTP Midi Effect Rack for Ableton

Started by superawesomegreat, November 16, 2013, 10:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superawesomegreat

I made a midi swiss army tool for Ableton because I refuse to open the tripleplay plugin ever again, and because I figure others might like to have it as well (particularly HW mode users) I post...

To "install" drag the attached .adg file (zipped to attach here) into Ableton's user library>presets>midi effects>midi effect rack.  This can be done by dragging the file to said location through Ableton's navigation menu or by that of your OS.

Each of the rack's controls have descriptions of their functions in their info texts which one views in Ableton by clicking that little triangle in the bottom left corner of Ableton's UI and then holding the mouse over the control in question.

Hopefully this will help someone or give people some ideas.

parks

Hi thanks for posting the FTP rack, It's going to be really usefull for me. I've been using pretty much everything you've put in there already  but i've been adding midi effects to each track instead. Thanks again.

superawesomegreat

Quote from: parks on December 22, 2013, 03:48:22 AM
Hi thanks for posting the FTP rack, It's going to be really usefull for me. I've been using pretty much everything you've put in there already  but i've been adding midi effects to each track instead. Thanks again.

Good stuff.  I've been thinking of making another rack based on some of the midi fx plugins here...

http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/

If I do, I'll post it here.  Let us know if you make any improvements to the rack, or create one of your own.

Elantric

Thanks for posting these alternatives for Fishman Tripleplay users.

IMHO Fishman would have far more revenue and sales if they simply focused on releasing their  Guitar to MIDI hardware back in 2012 at $350 retail  with no software - just a Complete MIDI Spec!   and skip trying to re-invent the wheel with their still buggy / missing feature FTP Control App VST Host . They assume everyone has a new $4K Macbook to run their app paradigm  - while many of us are getting better results for a live gig Guitar to MIDI system just plugging their FTP receiver into an iPad+CCK.

You would think their R&D team would have heard about iPads by now.

Running FTP Control App  on my Win7 Lenovo W520 with 2.65GHz Intel Quad Core  I7, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD drive - still took 4 seconds to change FTP presets( I find the FTP Control app a very miserable experience on Windows) .
It runs much better on a fast top line Mac  - but I have even better FTP use using my iPad and latest IOS Synth for my gig needs.   

superawesomegreat

some small changes based on how i work most often...

- i ditched the note length setting

- and the reject (velocities) below setting

in their place i've added note range control settings...

set the lowest possible note and then specify the upper range limit by defining how many steps above the lowest note possible you will allow