Program Crashes

Started by LCMEMUSIC, May 21, 2014, 09:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCMEMUSIC

Is anyone else having an issue with the program crashing? When it crashes, and I try to restart it, the presets turn red and are not accessible. Restarting the program does not help; I have to reinstall it to get it to work again. Every time this happens, I lose all of my user presets.

Toshiba laptop
2.1GHz
4 Gig RAM
250GHDD
Windows7

shawnb

No.  I'd go right to support on this one. 

Also, I'd read up anything you can on your audio I/O device in forums that specialize on that device, to make sure there are no conflicts with anything. 

Further, I'd do all the obvious debugging: 
  • Make sure you have sufficient free disc space

• Ensure all audio device drivers are current

• De-install audio drivers no longer used

• Do a clean re-install of FTP

• Double-check all FTP settings

• Check your hard disc for errors

• Run DPC Latency Checker.  It's a simple practical way to see if your system has sufficient thruput to run digital audio.  It is a standalone .exe, it's FREE, it doesn't install a bunch of stuff on your system and is very easy to use & interpret:

•      http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Hope this helps,

Shawn

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

LCMEMUSIC

Hey Shawnb,

Thanks for the info. I'm running Asio for the sound. The laptop is only a couple of years old, and it hounds me all the time to do updates, which I do. I'll definitely look into uninstalling audio drivers not being used, and thanks for the link to the latency checker; I'll put that to use. I sent an email to Fishman from their contact page, but I haven't heard back from anyone. They should extend their phone hours for people who work all day and don't get off until the same time they close up shop, and for people on the west coast.