GR-55 - Configure MIDI Program Changes and MIDI CC# Transmission

Started by arturo2011, June 11, 2011, 05:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arturo2011

Hi,
I've just bought the new gr55 but I can't figure it out how to use the midi program change and control change options (for each single patch) while controlling another expander or keybord.
In other words, I'd like the gr-55 to send Program and Control Changes via midi to my computer while registering on Cubase.
thanks
arturo

Elantric

In the GR-55 System area you must enable MIDi Patch Change Transmission  - its off by default.

tekrytor

Related question from one here new to the GR-55, but a veteran of many previous GRs...

Can the GR-55 be configured to send custom midi parameters to other other midi devices? More specifically, I want to send a message to change my vocal FX unit to a specific patch when my GR patch changes. I've been using a Behringer FCB1010 to do this with my GR-33 and would like less gear tho. Will I still need the FCB to do this?
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

arturo2011

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately this is my problem: Within the MIDI/USB system area I do not have the option "PC Mask" as reported in the manual (pag.79), which is charge exactly as you say for program changes transmission over the midi interface.
I have hoped to fix the problem loading the new OS software release v1:02, but unfortunately nothing has change :(.

Are you aware of a new other software release that I need to download, or maybe is there something That I've missed ?
pls, advise
thanks again
arturo

Elantric

QuoteI do not have the option "PC Mask" as reported in the manual (page.79),

I have reviewed the recent GR-55 on page 79 and I see no mention of "PC Mask".
New version 3 of GR-55 Owners Manual
http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manuals/res/59105308/GR-55_e03_W.pdf

Be sure to dive into the GR-55 System area and enable "PC TX SWITCH" to ON.    Turn this "ON" if you want program change messages to be transmitted when you switch patches on the GR-55.

Be sure the PC Change MIDI channel is set correctly too. (See GR-55 Manual Controller Assignment on Page 61, Connecting the GR-55 to MIDI Devices on page 67, and GR-55 System Setting on page 69)

QuoteCan the GR-55 be configured to send custom midi parameters to other other midi devices?
See the  GTR to MIDI settings (see GR-55 Owners Manual page 79)

GTR-MIDI  -  CTL PDL  - ( OFF, CC#1–31, CC# 64–95)
GTR-MIDI  -  EXP PDL  -  ( OFF, CC#1–31, CC# 64–95)

Specifies the control change numbers that are transmitted when you operate a pedal. Turn this "OFF" if you don't want the pedals to transmit data.

GK VOL CC  ( OFF, CC#1–31, CC# 64–95)
GK S1 CC  ( OFF, CC#1–31, CC# 64–95)
GK S2 CC  ( OFF, CC#1–31, CC# 64–95)

Determine the control change numbers that will be transmitted when you operate the GK pickup's
volume knob or [S1]/[S2] buttons. Turn this "OFF" if you don't want these controls to transmit data.

(see GR-55 Owners Manual page 79)

* Debug GR-55 MIDI Transmission data with a third party free MIDI Monitor:
Windows - MIDI-OX
http://www.midiox.com/
MAC - SNOIZE
http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/