VG-99 - Nylon with Pad swell

Started by kenc, May 30, 2008, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenc

PATCH NAME: Nylon&Pad

Version: 1.00
Category:Acoustic
Style: Classical
Description: (A) Nylon guitar with reverb ( panned a bit to one side of stereo image)
                 (B)Bowed Synth Pad with slow Gear, Uni-vibe and chorus

Controls:Expression pedal  contols  Synth Pad volume - goes from Off  to over powereing- Try mid position for subtle effect

D-Beam : Freezes Pad

Note: may be a bit Boomy for GK as my RMC pickups are a bit brittle - just tweak (A) EQ settings

FileType: mid

Also uploaded short MP3 demo showing what you can do with expression pedal

GeePeeAxe

Your nylon-guitar-model is fantastic!
After a little of EQ, my GK-equipped guitar
turned into a beautiful concert guitar.

Thanks!

Kenmac

From one Ken to another, nice patch.  :)  Actually the first thing I did when I got my VG-99 back in March was to do a Nylon/String (pad) emulation although mine sounds a bit different than yours. I hope you don't mind if I upload mine in the future.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

Elantric

please do- could just load it here in this thread if you like

kenc

Quote from: GeePeeAxe on May 31, 2008, 08:03:26 AM
Your nylon-guitar-model is fantastic!
After a little of EQ, my GK-equipped guitar
turned into a beautiful concert guitar.

Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement --- I was a bit hesitant to post it --- I will post some more patches in the near future

Ken Cardita

kenc

Quote from: Kenmac on May 31, 2008, 03:03:47 PM
From one Ken to another, nice patch.  :)  Actually the first thing I did when I got my VG-99 back in March was to do a Nylon/String (pad) emulation although mine sounds a bit different than yours. I hope you don't mind if I upload mine in the future.

Thanks for the compliment on my first patch that I posted here.  Would like to hear yours,
No need for Egos on this site, as we can all learn from each other - so upload it ...

Ken Cardita

Kostas Greece

Is it the patch that is in this video?   
Fender American Lone Star Strat (HSS+floyd rose), Roland VG-99, FC-300, Roland GR-20

kenc

I just watched video .....

That is not me,  that patch sounds similar to the one I uploaded.  On first listen, I think the synth is a bit different.  On my patch I have both a chorus and a Uni-vibe on the synth-- On the video I did not hear any modulation.  The Nylon guitar part does sound similar.....

Ken

Kostas Greece

Ok thanx! Great patch of you!
Fender American Lone Star Strat (HSS+floyd rose), Roland VG-99, FC-300, Roland GR-20

bbob

I used this patch in our small church last night using a Godin Multiac Spectrum, Fishman Solo amp, and FC300 to modulate the pad swell.

Sounded great.  One of the better sounding nylon patches I have come across.

Thanks for the patch.

Bob