Hope you can help
I have connected 2x fs-5L mono jack and 1 fs-6 stereo Jack

I have them set up so
fs-5L  number one = Mod 1 on/off
fs-5L  number two = A/B switch
FS-6 A= Overdrive on/off
FS-6 B= Compressor on/off

here is the thing if i turn on the FS-6 B= Compressor on
and I then change preset to sound number 2 the switch stays lit and I then have to punch it out and then in Again

anyone ?

Cheers S.  Kelly  8)

Elantric

Check your "Assign Hold" Setting on the VG-99

See VG-99 Owners Manual Page 50

Brent Flash

Here is another thing to consider. The FC-300 in SYSEX MODE has the only switches that will show the true state of the foot-switch ON or OFF. The VG-99 only knows the state if the switch is sending SYSEX back to the VG like the FC-300 does in SYSEX MODE.  Having a switch with indicator light does not send any status back to the VG-99, so because of this you will have the light on with parameter set to OFF and light off with target parameter set to ON because the light only cycles according to every other press of the switch, it has nothing to do with how the VG is set.

belfast

Hi im pretty sure it has worked before with the fs6 ... i have checked the. Assign mode switch nothing to get from that

belfast

btw they all is set to be in "moment" mode

Elantric

Be sure the FS-6 has a fresh battery or is being powered properly. No power = no work.

http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/FS-6_OM.pdf

belfast

plenty of battery power really weird I know 100 % it have been working the right way b4...
at least the fs-6 have

Brent Flash

Quote from: belfast on April 01, 2014, 09:59:14 AM
plenty of battery power really weird I know 100 % it have been working the right way b4...
at least the fs-6 have
Maybe if you would describe the way you are expecting it to operate someone could help you. What you have described in your first post pretty much sounds like normal operation depending on how you have ASSIGN HOLD set. When you have ASSIGN HOLD set to ON, and change patches, the assign target should stay set the way it is when you switch to the new patch provided you have the same target in each patch. The light will never be correct 100% of the time because it only cycles with the switch. The light in the switch has no way to tell if the VG's assign target is on or off. The VG has no way of telling if the light is on or off, it only sees the switch press when you press it. Make any sense?

Elantric

And post the problem patch(es) so others may debug

belfast

Hi All (Brent )
I guess what im trying to say is if i have a pacth and I set the FS-6 for lets say Compressor on/off
the indicater light on the fs6 lights up when pressed if i then change to another patch with the compressor on the light stays on, in the new patch
I guess what i need is for the vg to tell the fs-6 that im now on a new patch were the compressor is not active...

is that possible at all ? Brent if i understand you correct its a No ?

the vg is sitting in my live rig right now so no uploading.

anybody know any other solution Midicontroll maybe..
http://www.thomann.de/dk/amt_fs_2_midi.htm

Brent Flash

Quote from: belfast on April 05, 2014, 02:32:22 AM
Hi All (Brent )
I guess what im trying to say is if i have a pacth and I set the FS-6 for lets say Compressor on/off
the indicater light on the fs6 lights up when pressed if i then change to another patch with the compressor on the light stays on, in the new patch
I guess what i need is for the vg to tell the fs-6 that im now on a new patch were the compressor is not active...

is that possible at all ? Brent if i understand you correct its a No ?

the vg is sitting in my live rig right now so no uploading.

anybody know any other solution Midicontroll maybe..
http://www.thomann.de/dk/amt_fs_2_midi.htm
See Reply #2 above.

belfast

Elantric

Find a gently used FC300. It's designed for the VG-99.

belfast

I allready have the fc300 zorry should have made that clear. and its the fc300 im conneting my fs5l and my fs6 to...

Elantric

Then follow Brent Flash's advice from his #2 post above.

Here is another thing to consider. The FC-300 in SYSEX MODE has the only switches that will show the true state of the foot-switch ON or OFF. The VG-99 only knows the state if the switch is sending SYSEX back to the VG like the FC-300 does in SYSEX MODE.  Having a switch with indicator light does not send any status back to the VG-99, so because of this you will have the light on with parameter set to OFF and light off with target parameter set to ON because the light only cycles according to every other press of the switch, it has nothing to do with how the VG is set.

Brent Flash

Quote from: belfast on April 08, 2014, 07:17:52 AM
I allready have the fc300 zorry should have made that clear. and its the fc300 im conneting my fs5l and my fs6 to...
You may want to read this thread, https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1377.0, it is about using the FC-300 in other modes and does address the external switches and the problems I had using them.

I never did find a way to use the externals where I knew what state the parameter target was. So I developed a plan that worked for me live. And as great as ASSIGN HOLD feature is I could not use it. I had to depend on the patch recalling a state that I had memorized so I would know what buttons to push when I needed to. I was using multiple tunings and the harmonizer extensively and had to know where I was.

The SYSEX mode on the FC-300 it is a dream but any other mode you just have to remember what it is going to do after you recall a patch.

Unfortunately the external switches that plug into either the VG or the FC will not indicate the status with their light accurately. They only know that you pressed it (light on) then pressed it again (light off) the switch itself is dumb. Now the switches in the FC that is another matter. They will do what you are wanting them to do in SYSEX mode only though. Hope this helps!  ;)