VG99 Output settings

Started by Weed_, December 07, 2013, 02:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weed_

Hello!

What is the best output(global&mixer) setting to get even sound to PA(subout) and to monitor(main out)/heaphones. I´ve set up most patches using headphones, and I made mixer settings on full 100 for some clean amp patches, and left both output on 100. I had no clip on my active monitor, no problem on headphones and recording(usb) also but once I connected it to PA, I found out that the signal will clip already on zero input gain on PA´s mixer channel, unless I bring sub output level on vg99 down on 10 or even 6 on some patches.
Any idea on how to even patches and volume difference between main and sub out??

Sorry if this has already been asked or is considered a rookie question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks,
Vid

Brent Flash

We'll if you are plugging into a mic pre on the mixer that would be the case as the VG Output is LINE LEVEL. So the fix would be to "PAD" the input or turn the input level down on that channel.

Weed_

Thank you!! That was the case, all well now!! ;D

Brent Flash

Weed_

One problem though!

I try to set some patches to sound clean as much as possible, but naturally they are more quiet than the other crunch and lead sounds, so I tried to compensate the volume difference with mixer and in clean patches it is open all the way up to 100. The problem is, that signal clips already around half output level on this sounds. Is there an other way?

Thanks.
Happy tweaking holidays! :)

rolandvg99

I only use the main outs for monitoring or channel A-B linkage. The sub outs are used for FOH while I've started using the SPDIF through a FIIO for IEM, lopper or other gear.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner