VG-8 V-Guitar demo CD - 128kbps

Started by MotorBongo, April 23, 2014, 08:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorBongo

Hello,

To provide something in return for all the good info here, I've ripped my (original) Roland VG-8 V-Guitar demo CD to MP3's. (~128MB)  I hadn't seen it around on the interweb.

I guess that's OK by Roland.

What's the max size I could upload here ?  (for more permanent availability than a wetransfer-link) ?

Regards

Elantric

Something that large probably needs to be uploaded to Dropbox.com then post the download link here.

old timers among our ranks already own this 1997 era CD

MotorBongo

No own experience with dropbox, is it 'permanent' ?  (as opposed to the one or two weeks at wetransfer)

Maybe it's simply not too relevant altogether  ;) , but if people are interested I could at least do the short-term wetransfer-route.

Regards

Elantric

One idea - separate the tracks on the CD as 12-14 individual MP3 files then upload them here (one post per song) on this thread as file attachments.

I think we have a 5MB max file size  restriction  per each file here. 

===
How to Upload Files to VGuitarforums

1) Navigate to the Forum category where you want to upload your file.

2) In the Subject Area, Enter a description Name of your file you wish to share.

3) In the message body area, enter a short description about your File.

4) Click on the lower left" +Attachments and other options"

5) Click on "Browse", and navigate to your Patch, then click "Post"

MotorBongo

Hi,

Thanks for the clear info w.r.t. uploading.

I'll re-encode them in lower MP3-quality to make the job a bit less hassle (less parts), both for up- as downloading ;-)

Elantric

FWIW -  there exists this alternate "user community" created VG-8 / VG-88 CD  (circa 2000)- produced by the old www.VG-8.com site owner, Aure Prochazka
http://aure.com/
http://aure.com/vg

Creating that community site for V-Guitar users might have seemed like a silly pursuit at the time, but through the experience, many great things have happend, for instance...

One of the people I met through the site was Alan Deane, who eventually became my guitar teacher and all around music mentor.  Last year we even wrote a music book together.
My experience building community web sites led me to team up with Philip Greenspun and Eve Andersson at ArsDigita Corporation to create an open source community management software system.
When the VG-8 and its successor the VG-88 had run their course, I created an effort in the VG-8.com community to spec out their ideal V-Guitar System, even though Roland had suspended any plans of making another unit.  The specification list was so good that I delivered it to friends I had met at Roland U.S. (through vg-8.com of course) who then arranged for me to meet the head of the Japanese development team.  Thanks to that specification list, the Roland VG-99 was born. 

Another  early "VGuitar Hero" is Gary Cook

http://www.garydanielcook.com/bio.htm
GARY DANIEL COOK began turning heads at an early age as a teenage blues/rock guitarist opening for John Lee Hooker, Bonnie Raitt, Fabulous T Birds, Canned Heat and others.

After several years playing bars and concerts throughout the Southwest, Gary moved to Los Angeles, California and enrolled in the Dick Grove School of Music to study Jazz and Composition. He graduated with honors as GSM's "Outstanding Guitarist of the Year", was placed on the Dean's List and asked by Dick Grove and Adam Levine to join the teaching staff. This newly acquired knowledge allowed Gary to work with some of the world's best studio musicians and artists.

After seeing Gary perform live a the NAMM Show in Anaheim, NEIL PORTNOW (Current President of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences and former Vice-President of the West Coast division of Jive Records) signed Gary to a recording contract to compose, produce and record a solo blues release entitled "Guitar Legends of Rock and Blues" that featured Richard Ross (Wilson Pickett), Mike Elizondo (Dr Dre, Eric Clapton, Eminem), Dann Gillen (Annie Lennox), Jimmy Powers (Bonnie Raitt) and other great musicians.

As a versatile ASCAP songwriter and publisher, Gary has collaborated with other songwriters including legendary Journey guitarist - Neal Schon - for the Shrapnel Records release of "Piranha Blues".

Gary has played guitar on numerous demos for writers from Warner/Chappell, Bruton and other top publishing companies. His awards as a songwriter include MCA Records Talent Search, Colorado Composers Classic and International Songwriting Contest.

His compositions continue to receive plays in television and film internationally, including such shows as Pawn Stars, ESPN NBA, Introduction To E, Drew Carey Show, One Life to Live and others.

Gary's skill set transcends guitar. He has shared his talents as guitarist, songwriter, singer, producer, and sonic architect with recording artists such as Sting, Joni Mitchell, Neal Schon of Journey, as well as musical instrument manufacturers Roland, Boss, Yamaha and others.

After a long search and audition process with over 200 musicians, Roland selected Gary to join Allan Holdsworth and Gundy Keller in the unveiling of the legendary Roland VG8 V Guitar System. Gary traveled the globe as a Roland and Boss evangelist conducting seminars and performing at trade shows including the Namm Show in California and Frankfurt Music Messe in Germany.

Gary's talent with sound creation was also utilized to create sounds for several guitar products including Roland VG8, GR30/33, Boss GT5/6 and Boss Me pedals. Gary also worked with Yamaha to help develop the Yamaha DG Series Amplifiers and Effects. Guitar Magazine found his work with guitar technology to be an interesting addition to his career path as professional guitarist and featured him in an interview entitled: "A Career In Virtual Reality".

Legendary songwriter/recording artist Joni Mitchell invited Gary and Fred Waleki (owner of iconic guitar shop Westwood Music) to her home studio in Los Angeles to work with her on open tunings and sounds with the VG8. After several long nights of jamming and creating sounds with her diary of tunings, Joni invited Gary to travel with her to the New Orleans Jazz Festival. It wasn't long after working with Joni Mitchell, that Gary accompanied artist relations manager Erik L. to meet Sting in Malibu, California.

Sting asked Gary to help him to create sounds that would add layering and depth to the tracks on the "Brand New Day" CD. 

Sting gave Gary the nickname "sonic architect".

Gary Daniel Cook continues to blaze a trail of his own in today's music industry with his versatile guitar playing and unique skill set.

MotorBongo

The 1995 VG-8 V-Guitar system demo CD, in 5MB parts (128kbps MP3)

Enjoy!

MotorBongo

Part 02    (of 13, so it might take a while before we're complete).

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

Part 05

(I'll stop for now, due to slow connection; I'll upload the rest of the parts if there have been a few downloads of the previous parts to show interest in this  8) )

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

MotorBongo

datsunrobbie

MotorBongo

My pleasure, glad it's of interest !  :)

kenact

Thanks MotorBongo. I just inherirted a VG-8ex. I'll have to give this a listen.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

MotorBongo

Here's info w.r.t. the MP3-contents/track-names:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050205201502/http://vg-8.com/audio/

MP3 files from there don't seem available anymore, but here in this thread they are.

dedemacri

Great topic! I use to have VG-8s1 and now i have the VG-88v2. I still love the sound of the VG-8, great presets. I'm thinking go back to VG-8... I'm crazy? Thanks