VG99 and GR33 with US-20: problem

Started by tat1, January 01, 2009, 01:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tat1

Hi, I have a problem with the US-20. If I connect my 2 device at US-20, the gr33 work fine, but the VG99 no. When I change channel from A to B or B to A, the vg99 play always, in A, in B and in both channels. The gr 33, if connected to channel A, play only in A and Both channels.
Can you help me?

Thanks adn happy new year.

ps: Excuse me for my bad english, I'm italian.

Darter

Don't worry about your English. It's better than most from the U.S.

Back up and make certain it's connected properly.
Start from your guitar-- (DON'T go from your guitar to the Unit A or Unit B connections! These are outputs.)
a) GK cable from your guitar to the US-20 "GK In".
b) "Unit A out" (from US-20) to "VG99 GK In".
c) "Unit B out" (from US-20) to "GR33 GK In".
d) Be sure each unit, VG & GR has its own amp or mixer channels. i.e. the GR does not use the VG's outputs. Both units are independent of each other and requires its own amplification.

Now, check the setup.
Leave the "Both" green l.e.d. off.
Depress the "A/B" left/red l.e.d. Only the VG99 should produce sound.
Depress the "A/B" right/green l.e.d. Only the GR33 should produce sound.
Now, depress the "Both" green l.e.d. Both should produce sound.
If you're still having a problem, try isolating the channels by using only two cables. One, from your guitar to the US-20 GK In then, one "A Out" then "B Out".

If everything is in fact connected properly there is a possibility the circuit in the US-20 has been damaged. Here is link to schematics of a US-20:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,434.msg1911.html#msg1911 (Scroll down a bit.)
If you can troubleshoot it yourself these will be invaluable. You should be able to find a friend who can read these if you cannot. It's a very simple circuit. If not, print them out as you might need to take it in to an electronics repair shop. I'd hit a radio repair shop before some huge computer store.

Post the happenstances.

D

tat1

Thanks for the reply but it' exactly what I did but not work. Only the gr33 play or mute in A or B channel, the VG99 play always. I think perhaps that I have to change some paramether in the VG 99. O maybe the US-20 is broken. I don't know. Even connecting only the VG99 I have always sound in each channel. If someone have the Us-20 and VG99 that work fine then the problem is my US-20.

tat1

The problem is solved. The volume control on the gk2 is off on the vg99. Thanks to all