Conductive Ink Pen

Started by gumbo, February 07, 2015, 02:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumbo

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

montyrivers

If it can be used to repair some broken traces i'm all about this pen.

MikeTranch

Has anyone tried to draw on the resistance track of a pot?

I've been thinking about trying to use one of these on say a 1Meg linear pot, to short out approx. 3/4 of the resistance track, to make an (approx.) 250K, quarter turn turn pot, for replacement use in say BOSS passive volume pedal.  Those special 1/4 turn posts are seemingly impossible to find online.  I got some from Roland once, but it took forever and was a bit of a hassle.

MikeTranch

the linked CircuitScribe seems to be the newest of a handful of these draw-a-circuit ideas.  Amazon and Adafruit and others have some to choose from.

Seen some with silver, some with carbon.  Got me wondering if the carbon based one might be used on a scratchy pot?

Some are water based, some acrylic.

Regrading the intended use (teach kids to make simple circuits), I guess they poke the component leads through paper, and layer up enough of the conductive ink to form a pad with effectively a cold solder joint.  Can't imagine that lasting for long. 

If I used one on a PCB, I'd layer over it with say clear nail polish to protest it.

Then again, if I'm fixing a PCB, I'd typically solder wire(s), and tack them down with say hot glue as needed

Elantric

QuoteHas anyone tried to draw on the resistance track of a pot?

I've been thinking about trying to use one of these on say a 1Meg linear pot, to short out approx. 3/4 of the resistance track, to make an (approx.) 250K, quarter turn turn pot, for replacement use in say BOSS passive volume pedal.  Those special 1/4 turn posts are seemingly impossible to find online.  I got some from Roland once, but it took forever and was a bit of a hassle.

Worth a test!

QuoteGot me wondering if the carbon based one might be used on a scratchy pot?

Try this first on all scratchy pots
http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-Deoxit-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423599498&sr=8-1&keywords=caig+deoxit+d5