Marc ( a.k.a. "SouthPaw") - One Armed Guitarist Shreds

Started by Elantric, January 15, 2015, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Voodoo Chile

This is Marc, aka South Paw. He lost his arm when he was 15 months by being thrown out of a car and having that arm run over. He never knew any other way to play the guitar. He was playing in San Francisco today and I stopped to listen to him and his story. He was really sweet and amazing and this is what I got from his performing. Just a snippet of his talent! Enjoy!

Prepare to be inspired!

Marc ( a.k.a. "SouthPaw")  - One Armed Guitarist Shreds -One Armed Guitarist - performs during
2014 SurfStomp event at the SLO Grange Hall
San Luis Obispo, California   Nov 15, 2014
https://www.facebook.com/events/622593644520067/?pnref=story

I think Marc could hook up with the Wounded Warriors program and become an Icon.
Marc is very intelligent and obviously capable of generating serious attention.

Elantric

I have met Marc ,( aka "SouthPaw")  and it was a truly inspiring  experience !

http://www.guitarworld.com/one-armed-guitarist-shreds-jimi-hendrixs-voodoo-child-slight-return-video

Here's another entry from the "Look what's making the rounds on Facebook at the moment!" file.

It's a (vertically shot, ugh) video of a one-armed guitarist named "Marc"( a.k.a. Southpaw)  playing a high-quality version of Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)," outdoors, on a street, somewhere.

The original poster of the video, a Facebook user named Tay Glass, commented,
"After speaking with [Marc] for three minutes, he inspired me to achieve my goals no matter what the consequences."

Hopefully, it'll have the same effect on everyone who watches it.

According to Facebook stats, it has been viewed 5,743,664 times.

And please, everyone, remember to film things horizontally! Vertical videos are challenged and weak by default. Seriously, we need to join forces to eliminate vertical videos ... . Anyway, enjoy!

Elantric

QuoteJust tried to watch video , but it says private

Should be good to see now!

whippinpost91850

Wow! This guy is very inspiring. Amazing what you can do if you don't let adversity stand in your way

Elantric

You can find a teacher who can teach you many things - but you can not teach passion!