Deal Alert Thread

Started by Elantric, February 17, 2011, 08:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbenigni

I sold a mint FC300 for $150 last year.  :(  I was jonesing for a new amp at the time, and I let a guy convince me that was a common price on eBay.  Silly me.

thebrushwithin

Wow! I wonder if this seller is the same guy you sold yours to. He states he is the second owner. There are still 0 bids on it. I suppose most VG 99 users have one by now.

mbenigni

I was curious about that myself, actually.  If it is him, then he was traveling when we crossed paths.  Sold it at a musicians flea market in CT, and I think saw that he's shipping from MO now.  So not likely... but not impossible.

Now_And_Then

Quote from: Elantric on March 28, 2013, 02:43:43 PM
But look out for the price of each "Plug in" that enables new features and requires a separate "Gear Credit" purchase - to enable features, you could easily spend over $1000 with IK Multimedia.

After spending time with the Tripleplay, you will see the value in owning the full versions of these IK Multimedia products. if purchased separately as upgrades, these VSTi plugins would cost $$$

But from now until April 15, 2013 IK Multimedia's Total Studio 3 Bundle is  on sale for $199 (Normally $399)

I was very interested and my initial thought was that this (the Total Studio 3 Bundle) could be a very worthwhile purchase, but fortunately looked at it a bit more closely, and came to the conclusion that the "Custom Shop" angle makes AmpliTube, T-Rax, and CSR to be pretty nearly scam-ware, as far as I am concerned. I do not think that the rest of the software in the bundle has this "Custom Shop" swindle going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out a way to infect it in a future update.

Elantric

Suggest re-read the bundle specs.

The Custom Shop is a new gimmick which means there is an in app "store". To purchase upgrades.

The basic Custom shop versions of Sampletank, Amplitube, T-Rax are free. These are different than the Total Studio 3 Bundle  versions.
But effective earlier this year, all versions of Sampletank, Amplitube, T-Rax also include an in app "store".

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/totalstudio3/

SampleTank 2.5 XL
    Sonik Synth 2
    Miroslav Philharmonik
    SampleMoog
    SampleTron
    15 Xpansion Tank 2 Multi-Sampled Instrument Collections

AmpliTube 3   

T-RackS 3 Deluxe
    Mastering Suite
    CSR - Classik Studio Reverb

All above are not Free versions.

Elantric

Arduino Compatible USB Motherboard + Expansion + Breadboard $38

http://dx.com/p/arduino-compatible-2560-motherboard-v3-expansion-board-breadboards-usb-cable-led-lights-kit-146175
2560 Motherboard + V3 Expansion Board + Breadboards + USB Cable + LED Lights Kit for Arduino for $38. Includes red, yellow and blue LEDs, and ATmega2560 microcontroller. Here's an intro to Arduino.

Now_And_Then

Quote from: Elantric on April 07, 2013, 08:23:51 AM
Suggest re-read the bundle specs.

Possibly my original post was ambiguous; I have made a small edit.

Elantric

QuotePossibly my original post was ambiguous; I have made a small edit.

At 47 gB, Ive only recently completed downloading the IK Multimedia Total Studio 3 sound libraries. (took me a week)  These were NOT included in the free "Custom Shop" versions
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/totalstudio3/

No problems, I also own a two year old version of Ni Komplete 7, but recently ran into very poor customer support in USA by N.I. and felt it was time I updated my IK Suite of tools too.

Elantric

For those seeking a modest affordable Computer upgrade for the FTP:

Staples has the ASUS K55A-RHI5N13 3rd Gen Core i5 15.6" LED Laptop (Matte Dark Brown Suit/Alum. Champagne Hairline) for $430 with free shipping. Weighs 5.6 lbs.

Intel i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 6GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, USB 3.0
UMA graphics, DVD+/-RW, 6-cell, Windows 8 x64

http://www.staples.com/Asus-K55A-RHI5N13-156-Laptop/product_180804?PID=404255&storeId=10001&AID=10422268&SID=306314_desktop&cm_mmc=CJ-_-404255-_-404255-_-10422268&CID=AFF%253A404255%253A404255%253A10422268

The Asus K55A-RHI5N13 15.6" Laptop. The first notebook designed with vibrant multi-color high quality aluminum textures.

Comes with the latest Intel® Core™ i5-3210M Processor and is equipped with 6GB memory, 750GB hard drive and Windows 8. Super speed USB 3.0-10 times faster data transfer rate than USB 2.0.

Intel® Core™ i5-3210M 2.5GHz 3MB L3 Cache Processor
    6GB DDR3 Installed System Memory, expandable to 8GB
    750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
    15.6" 16:9 HD (1366 x 768) LED-backlight
    Windows®8

If you miss out on this deal - no worries, another one will pop up here:
http://bensbargains.net/categories/notebooks-83/

Elantric

QuoteI have a Samsung Series 7 Slate (i5 11.6"

Which I understand is the same machine used at Microsoft to develop Windows 8 last year.
The Samsung Series 7's speed and performance  I understand is quite good, but 4GB Memory on Any Windows machine Is restrictive for my needs and forces use of a large Page /swap file  - but with a fast 128GB SSD, might be adequate

TigerDirect has a factory refurb Samsung Series 7,  with 128GB SDD for $770 BTW (only 20 left)
I always prefer buying factory refurbs of "last years model  because they are lower cost, and been thru Quality Control Twice!
And most of the time these are simply new machines that were on "buy back" from a bankrupt store.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7750554&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECj65
Samsung XE700T1A-A04US Series 7 Slate Tablet PC - Intel Core i5-2467M 1.60GHz, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 11.6" Display, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (Refurbished) (Refurbished)

Samsung XE700T1A-A04US Series 7 Slate Tablet PC (Refurbished)
Be the first to lay your hands on this spectacular Samsung XE700T1A-A04US Series 7 Slate Tablet PC. Invented to give you true digital satisfaction, this tablet PC comes with a powerful Intel Core i5-2467M 1.60GHz Dual-Core processor to ensure smooth delivery of your applications and multimedia files. The Samsung XE700T1A-A04US Series 7 Slate Tablet PC takes advantage of its 4GB DDR3 memory to bolster processing performance, allowing you to launch multiple applications without slowing your system. Its 128GB solid state drive provides enough space for your files and superb speed when accessing or saving data. It also has a very sleek 11.6" display that presents brilliant images with a remarkable 1366 x 768 resolution. You can even wirelessly connect this tablet computer to the Internet, so you're always updated with the latest news and feeds, thanks to its Wi-Fi connectivity.

What It Is And Why You Need It:

Intel Core i5-2467M 1.60GHz Dual-Core Processor; delivers extremely fast processing performance
4GB of DDR3 Memory; increases your PC's speed and responsiveness
128GB SSD; grants reliable storage performance
11.6" Display; provides a very responsive touchscreen display
Built-in Wi-Fi; ensures seamless wireless network connection

See Musicman65's tips and tricks for this machine here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8439.msg60367#msg60367

Elantric

Perfect "stunt guitar"  -  before you cut up and damage your high $$ guitar, use this $49 guitar instead to try out installing modern Guitar High Tech gear and accessories.

or resell to a Marvel Comic collector

Peavey Rockmaster 03017670 Marvel Avengers Electric Guitar $49
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092KJDJ8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0092KJDJ8&linkCode=as2&tag=onst-20

rolandvg99

Quote from: Elantric on May 08, 2013, 10:35:59 AM
Perfect "stunt guitar"  -  before you cut up and damage your high $$ guitar, use this $49 guitar instead to try out installing modern Guitar High Tech gear and accessories.

or resell to a Marvel Comic collector...

$49?! "Junkie-outlet" prices.  ;D
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Elantric

Might be interesting to some here (RIP firewire box sold separately at Gibson Store provides hexaphonic processing on PC/Mac)

Gibson HR Les Paul Studio Limited 2012 Electric Guitar (with Case) $1299
http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLPSTLTD
Blemished for $1149

Gibson has a history of innovation that is unmatched in the guitar world, and the first Les Pauls of the 1950s were the most versatile guitars ever created. It's only natural that Gibson USA would continue to push the envelope for power, tone, and performance flexibility, and the Les Paul Studio makes the perfect platform to play it forward into the 21st century. Welcome the Les Paul Studio Limited, a guitar born out of the great tradition of the original Les Paul Standard, equipped with the latest incarnations of Robot Guitar tuning capabilities, Chameleon Tone Technology, and the massive connectivity potential of Gibson's latest "Blue Dot" Robot Interface Pack (RIP), included. All this, and the Les Paul Studio Limited is still a descendant of the timeless classic in every regard, with traditional Les Paul tonewoods, specs and playability, two of Gibson's most revered magnetic pickups, plus a piezo-loaded bridge for acoustic tones, and the great look of its Fireburst Finish in hand-sprayed, high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer.

Even if you never make use of the guitar's cutting-edge tonal capabilities, the Les Paul Studio Limited is still a great Les Paul in the traditional sense, with a bundle of thoughtful upgrades that improve its performance without taking it the least bit out of the realm of its iconic predecessors. The Les Paul Studio Limited is made with the time-tested tonewood pairing of an unbound carved Grade-A maple top and mahogany body, the latter chambered to reduce weight and enhance resonance. Its glued-in neck is made from solid mahogany, carved to a slim, fast early '60s profile that measures .800" at the 1st fret and .875" at the 12th. Its unbound fingerboard is made from a single piece of rich, brown Granadillo, a prized Central American hardwood that's non-porous, straight grained, very dense, and has a ringing warm tap-tone that is well balanced. This gorgeous wood provides a durable and sultry feeling bed for the 22 medium-jumbo frets, while maintaining a traditional look and playing experience. The Les Paul Studio Limited's 24 3/4 inch scale length, 12 inch fingerboard radius, and 1 11/16 inch width at the nut retain all the familiar and superbly playable characteristics of the traditional Les Paul that have proven themselves through more than six decades of great music.

In the hardware department the Les Paul Studio Limited truly excels. A set of Gibson's revolutionary, upgraded Robot Tuners as first introduced on the Robot Guitar, offers unprecedented automated tuning capabilities via the guitar's Master Control Knob (MCK). You can now access any preset tuning in just one second, which means you can realistically change tunings in the middle of a song, if needed. What's more, the tuners are now automatically engaged to operate both electronically or individually by hand. A PLEK-cut black Tefzel nut keeps the strings hitch free, while a Robot stopbar bridge at the body end locks it all down tight for maximum sustain. The guitar's Tune-o-matic style bridge offers a nod to Gibson tradition and innovation of years past, while hiding a major secret weapon in the form of its piezo-pickup saddles. Routed to the controls via a blendable rotary potentiometer is the three-way Toggle-Pot switch with its own onboard studio-quality active LP-Z preamplifier that allows for a stronger and more natural acoustic guitar sound, the piezo signal yields a realistic acoustic-guitar sound that can be used on its own or blended in any desired proportion with the guitar's traditional magnetic pickup tone.

Of course the pickups and electronics set is where the Les Paul Studio Limited really takes off into the stratosphere. A hot-wound, noise-free P-90H in the neck position and a hot BurstBucker 3 in the bridge offer the full range of tones available from Gibson's most popular pickups of all time, providing the warmth and clarity of vintage P-90 and PAF humbucker pickups, with added grind and sustain for contemporary lead tones when required. Rout zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gibson products.

Elantric

Newegg has the refurbished ASUS K55ARF-HI5014L-B 3rd Gen Core i5 15.6" LED Laptop (Matte Dark Brown Suit/Alum. Champagne Hairline) for $370 - $30 off with coupon code BOOSTTHIRTY + $10 shipping = $350 shipped.

Intel i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, USB 3.0
UMA graphics, DVD+/-RW, 6-cell, Windows 7 HP

http://bensbargains.net/redirect/asus-k55a-3rd-gen-core-i5-led-15-6-laptop-350-at-newegg-308861/

Intel® Core™ i5-3210M 2.5GHz 3MB L3 Cache Processor
    4GB DDR3 Installed System Memory, expandable to 8GB
    500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
    15.6" 16:9 HD (1366 x 768) LED-backlight

Elantric

This versatile stand may be good for other gear uses too , at live gigs or studio use too!

Tanga has the Aluminum Multi-Functional Lapdesk with Dual 80mm cooling Fan for $20 + $5 shipping = $25 shipped. Features two 80mm fans. Maximum height 19"; panel measures 16.5" x 11.25" and can support laptops up to 17".

https://www.tanga.com/deals/a2d9600f55/multifunctional-powerful-and-flexible-aluminum-foldable-laptop-desk-w-cooling-fans?utm_campaign=BensBargains.net&utm_source=cj

Durable and flexible, this smartly designed, user friendly portable laptop table is suitable for all settings. This multifunctional table can fold flat and is light enough to carry around, which makes it portable and perfect for traveling. It comes equipped with a 2-layer aluminum alloy panel and fully adjustable locking joints that allow you to modify the table to suit your needs. Suitable for 17' laptop computers or smaller.

It enables you to study and work in more comfortable positions and help you work more productively.

mbenigni

QuoteThis versatile stand may be good for other gear uses too , at live gigs or studio use too!
Looks awesome, especially at $20.  Bummer it's sold out already - I'd have ordered two of them!

Elantric

QuoteLooks awesome, especially at $20.  Bummer it's sold out already - I'd have ordered two of them!

More here -but for $39.95
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/-usb-cooling-fan-multifunctional-adjustable-aluminum-foldable-notebook/228156331.html?listingId=199267521

mbenigni

$48 with shipping... a little more than I wanted to spend but I decided to give it a shot.  Between my wife and I we're sure to put this to good use.

Elantric

I do not use these for gaming, but this is the Cheapest Guitar shaped MIDI Controller with 5 pin MIDI Out

Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller now $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003RRTYEQ

Amazon Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller (Nintendo Wii)  Features 17-fret touch-sensitive neck with six buttons per fret provides a total of 102 active finger positions and six low-latency strings for actual note strumming.

Cheapest New 5 pin MIDI guitar on the planet.

Review
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/10/rock-band-3-fender-mustang-pro-midi/#more-14362

King2040

Just saw the deal this morning, and not sure how many NI Maschine users are on the forums, but NI has a bundle of 9 expansions for the device on sale for $100.  As of now there's only 18hrs left, though.  Not bad considering each item is normally $50 (a $350 savings).  The deal made my finally pull the trigger on a Maschine (been eyeballing one for a while now) to go with my Komplete bundle...

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/on-cloud-nine/

Elantric

Thanks for the deal

Note the following
QuoteCan I use MASCHINE Expansions in any other software, e.g. KONTAKT or BATTERY?

No, MASCHINE Expansions are dedicated library extensions for MASCHINE, you cannot use them in any other software.

King2040

Yeah, I caught that this morning.   Biggest thing I'm looking for is integration with my other NI VSTs as a controller other then my keyboard.  I figure if I can get all of the expansions for a hundred bucks more, it's worth finally picking up.  From the reviews I've read, Maschine's really supposed to work wonders with streamlining workflow, and folks claim it's just a lot of fun to use... :)

Elantric