GP-10 & SY-300

Started by rsm, October 12, 2017, 06:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsm

I've been using my Boss GT-1 + SY-300 for awhile now. I recently decided to get re-acquainted with my GP-10, and wondered how the SY-300 would pair with it.

Turns out it's working nicely, though I have some work to do to get sounds/patches I dig working together.

GK-3 --> GP-10 --> stereo out to mixer
GP-10 guitar out --> SY-300 --> stereo out to mixer.

Using my Steinberger SS-2F with GK-3.  I just got another GK-3 that I plan to put on my Ibanez RGKP6, I also plan to use my Gittler with this rig.

here's a pic of my test rig as I was setting it up:

Going to add my Roland EV-5 to the SY-300 (which I used when it was paired with my GT-1)
rsm
bass | guitar | keys | Push

Rickenbacker | Steinberger | Boss | Roland
Using Digital and Solid State by Choice

rsm

what other routing / combinations of GP-10 & SY-300 should I consider? :)
rsm

szilard

Try a main out of GP-10 into the SY-300. I have a sub-out from a VG-99 going into the SY-300 so I can use guitar or cosm into the SY-300. If your mixer has inserts or an aux buss you could use that ...

carlb

GP-10 output into the SY-300 makes sense

Then ...

Take out the mixer, and add a MIDX-20 to allow control of the GP-10, and add a Morningstar MC6 foot controller.

With this, you get any number of coordinated patches between the GP-10 and SY-300. The MC6 is the simplest programming (web-page based) footcontroller that I know of, with editable LED labels for each stompswitch.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

BackDAWman

How does the Gittler perform as a 13 pin guitar? I was suffering from serious GAS when I first seen these ;D

rsm

Gittler works great all around. Didn't take too long to get used to it, I found if I just played guitar my hands/fingers found their way around.
rsm

hippietim

@rsm - I'd love to see some demos of you with the Gittler

Brak(E)man

Quote from: rsm on October 12, 2017, 06:23:57 AM
I've been using my Boss GT-1 + SY-300 for awhile now. I recently decided to get re-acquainted with my GP-10, and wondered how the SY-300 would pair with it.

Turns out it's working nicely, though I have some work to do to get sounds/patches I dig working together.

GK-3 --> GP-10 --> stereo out to mixer
GP-10 guitar out --> SY-300 --> stereo out to mixer.

Using my Steinberger SS-2F with GK-3.  I just got another GK-3 that I plan to put on my Ibanez RGKP6, I also plan to use my Gittler with this rig.

here's a pic of my test rig as I was setting it up:

Going to add my Roland EV-5 to the SY-300 (which I used when it was paired with my GT-1)

You really don't need the mixer unless you're using it for some other purpose than mixing the GP and the SY

GK-3 --> GP-10 --> stereo out
GP-10 guitar out --> SY-300 --> GP-10 aux in
works fine
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch