GT-100 - Loop bit rate

Started by srodders, January 31, 2017, 12:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srodders

Does anyone know what bit rate the built in loop of the GT-100 records at?

I'm looking at getting an external pedal and have it between two options. The RC-3 records at 16 bit and the TC electronics Ditto records at 24 bit. Some say the 16 bit of the RC-3 is a minus factor as it affects the sound quality. I want to compare paper spec with the GT-100 as I think that sounds quite woolly and if that is 16 bit then I will go for the Ditto.

Thanks.

Elantric

I believe GT-100 looper is 16 bit, same as all current production Roland Loopers (sadly)

srodders

Thanks Elantric, have you compared the RC-3 with the GT-100 looper by any chance?

I consider the sound quality of the GT-100 looper not good enough for what I want.

Elantric

QuoteI consider the sound quality of the GT-100 looper not good enough for what I want.

Same here

I find the Looper in the Pigtronix Infinity to be cleaner, more dynamic range and stereo

gumtown

All I can find on the GT-100 spec is

AD Conversion                 24 bits + AF method (*1)
DA Conversion                 24 bits
Sampling Rate                 44.1 kHz
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

QuoteAll I can find on the GT-100 spec is

AD Conversion                 24 bits + AF method (*1)
DA Conversion                 24 bits
Sampling Rate                 44.1 kHz

Thats true for the GT-100 as USB Audio Interface specs   - latest firmware 2.10 now offers 24 bit@ 96kHz Mode- but internally GT-100 DSP's remains 44.1kHz
https://www.boss.info/global/products/gt-100/downloads/

The Looping function is a separate internal audio path which is 16 bit.

srodders

Actually found a review of someone who owned a Ditto, but wasn't happy with it so bought an RC-3 and reckoned the RC-3 was better. Think that may be where the money may be going.