Kemper Profiling amp- "amp clone" beyond modeling!

Started by RicardoLove, March 02, 2011, 04:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

QuoteI allways do this type of math every time nice gear crosses my way:

1850 / 365 = 5 dollars a day, if you were to use it for a year only

I spend more in tobacco or coffes....

I like the way you think Charles!

But it was a shame my two ex wives could not grasp this concept . . . but I dont want to go there!

Bill Ruppert

Bill Ruppert

Yes Steve is right I use a pair of Genelec 1101A's.
I love them.

I also still LOVE my VG-99 and will never sell that.
VG-99 into the Kemper is great.

In fact you could use The VG-99 A side for the guitar modeling and tuning.
Sent that to the Kemper and at the same time use the VG-99 B channel for effects using the Kemper effects loop....

Quote from: mbenigni on March 27, 2012, 08:50:07 AM

Out of curiosity, what are you (and Bill) using to monitor the Kemper right now?

Charles5150

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on March 28, 2012, 03:23:06 PM

In fact you could use The VG-99 A side for the guitar modeling and tuning.
Sent that to the Kemper and at the same time use the VG-99 B channel for effects using the Kemper effects loop....

Clever routing.... best of both worlds

A2theT

You can now buy the black KPA from their online store but TBH I really like the white..
How do you choose?  We need skin options, I mean it can't be THAT hard to pull off all the knobs and paste on your own skin. LoL

HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

aliensporebomb

All this Kemper talk has me wanting one.  The idea of if I want a new amplifier sound just downloading a file or sampling an amp I have access to just seems crazy. 

But more importantly I need to start planning the follow-up to my album that's out on itunes.  Though the sounds are good and I only recorded part of it with the VG-99 I know that I can do better yet with more variation and something like this would be nice for that.

If it's this much farther beyond 2nd and 3rd generation modeling gear then it must be very great indeed.  I definetely need to check it out for sure.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

mbenigni

Quote from: A to the T on March 28, 2012, 08:32:45 PM
You can now buy the black KPA

Luke, I am your father.

Luke, I am your dishwasher.   ;)

(Drummer now says, "I bet that thing will try and smother you in your sleep.  Don't buy it.")

mbenigni

Quote from: Charles5150 on March 28, 2012, 02:15:36 PM
1850 / 365 = 5 dollars a day, if you were to use it for a year only

Yeah, it's really not crazy expensive when you consider that it's cutting edge and a bit of a niche product.  I can definitely afford one, it's more a matter of whether I can justify it.  I'm not exactly on a world tour right now...   ::)

A big draw is the curiosity factor.  I've been into modeling for so many years, I just want to hear what's possible now.  If I had a day alone with the thing, I could probably get it out of my system without actually having to own one.  Maybe...

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Elantric

I must say the Profiles shared by the Kemper Community already blow away the factory patches heard there on the Sweetwater demo  above.

A2theT

Stop it! Just stop the madness or I will end up divorced!
HEAVY on the METAL

Elantric

Its best to shut the computer down now and go play guitar and get your mind off the KPA!

musicman65

Anyone tried using the GR55 as a guitar modeler/FX/midi controller for the KPA? That way, we'd have a 13 pin system with PCM sounds, guitar modelling, alt tuning, a floorboard AND killer tube amp goodness. Am I just dreaming?

bd

mbenigni

EV ELX112p showed up last night.  (Fast!)  Initial impressions are positive.  I'll start another thread to review/ discuss a little later today.

Bill Ruppert

$1850 is street price.
Ask around you can get a better price....

musicman65

First impression on the Kemper is very favorable.  The amp sounds are very dynamic with waaaay more depth and feel than Roland or Line6 IMHO.

l connected the GR-55 guitar out to the KPA input and tested some modeled Tele, LP sounds and alternate tuning...works great!  Next step is to get the midi PC on the GR-55 to change patches on the KPA when I have the time.

I wish the KPA had separate eq on the 1/4" stereo and XLR outs so I can normalize my stereo FRFR amp and FOH feed. Parametric eq would be even better. I suspect the two share the same audio circuit. There's a nice cavity in the back to house an external mini eq if needed.

bd

LeeMorant

Arrrgh! FFS this is not what you should be telling me...  Damn little boxes of sunshine and kittens tempting me with their promises and lies...... wibble............jibber......etc.....  ;D

Bill Ruppert

There is a separate 4 band EQ for both the monitor out and master out....

Quote from: musicman65 on April 01, 2012, 09:20:07 PM
First impression on the Kemper is very favorable.  The amp sounds are very dynamic with waaaay more depth and feel than Roland or Line6 IMHO.

l connected the GR-55 guitar out to the KPA input and tested some modeled Tele, LP sounds and alternate tuning...works great!  Next step is to get the midi PC on the GR-55 to change patches on the KPA when I have the time.

I wish the KPA had separate eq on the 1/4" stereo and XLR outs so I can normalize my stereo FRFR amp and FOH feed. Parametric eq would be even better. I suspect the two share the same audio circuit. There's a nice cavity in the back to house an external mini eq if needed.

bd

drbill

Couldn't take it anymore. Ordered one....
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

Bill Ruppert

imall41

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on April 02, 2012, 03:20:14 PM
Another one bites the dust!:-)
Have fun!

"Are you happy, are you satisfied
How long can you stand the heat
Out of the doorway the KPAs rip
To the sound of the beat
[Chorus]
Another one bites the dust"

One coming my way tomorrow!

I have been following the KPA since Kemper's first announcement,
and now that I have confirmation that it delivers in spades,
I have no choice but to "Bite some dust".

Of course, charles5150's
Quote"1850 / 365 = 5 dollars a day, if you were to use it for a year only"
had nothing to do with this  ::)

Bill Ruppert

Here is a boatload of profiles and cabs for you new Kemper guys.
The stock ones were not my fav...but many here are great.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55333568/23.03.2012.zip

drbill

GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

whippinpost91850

I ordered one yesterday also, I just couldn't take knowing If i was truly missing something???
For those interested Sweetwater has some open box white ones for $1665 and free shipping. They also will have new black ones Fri or Mon. Paul

whippinpost91850

Bill. thanks for the link. I just found out my KPA will be delivered today.